#1 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 06, 2012 - 05:53 PM

Metta World Peace will get minutes at shooting guard, Lakers Coach Mike Brown said.

"That's going to be my second unit," said Brown. "Metta will be the two, [Antawn] Jamison is the three, [Jordan] Hill is the four and [Dwight] Howard or Pau [Gasol] is going to be the five."

Brown experimented on Sunday against the Detroit Pistons with a lineup featuring Howard at center and Darius Morris running the point along with Hill, Jamison and World Peace.

In their second-quarter run of about three minutes, the group was able to extend the Lakers' lead from 18 to 21.

Devin Ebanks will remain in the rotation at shooting guard and small forward, as Brown looks for minutes to rest both Kobe Bryant and World Peace. For now, Jodie Meeks and veteran Chris Duhon, are unlikely to get significant minutes.

"I've got to give my bench a chance, because right now I really haven't. I've been messing around with it too much trying to search for combinations," said Brown. "Now that I've found a combination that I think I want to roll with it a little bit, let's give them a chance to see how they play before making another change."

The Lakers as a team have been shooting well this season, diminishing the need for another scorer like Meeks. Now Brown is looking for his squad to improve defensively.

With the 6-foot-7 World Peace at shooting guard, the Lakers will have a sizable lineup featuring Morris (6-4), Jamison (6-9), Hill (6-10) and Howard (6-11). When Gasol (7 feet) rotates in instead of Howard, the Lakers are even taller.

The Lakers started the season 0-3 but finally got their first win over the struggling Detroit Pistons. They may have a bigger challenge on Wednesday night against the Utah Jazz.

ALSO:
Steve Blake fined $25,000 by NBA

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-world-peace-backup-shooting-guard-spot-20121106,0,4252595.story?track=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=53297

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,697 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 06, 2012 - 05:55 PM

So basically the offense will be ran through either Metta or Gasol/Howard with the bench unit?

Don't like Metta at the 2, he should be able to defend a bench 2 but even still.

I'm a bit confused as to how Ebanks is gonna fit in. So does that mean he'll start out 2nd quarters with Metta there and then a few minutes into the quarter he's gonna swap out Ebanks with Metta?

So pretty much what he did last game?

The unit did extend the lead last game but, I don't know if I'll go with it exclusively.

Still want to see Meeks get some minutes but Brown seems very intent on the size lineup, I don't think it will work in the long term solutions but if that lineup extends leads consistently I won't complain.

That said, I don't expect them to.

Edited by Majesty, November 06, 2012 - 05:58 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2012 - 05:56 PM

Oh yeah...he's getting fired.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 05:58 PM

Don't like Metta at the 2, he should be able to defend a bench 2 but even still, i don't want him to be the "off the dribble" guy.

I'm a bit confused as to how Ebanks is gonna fit in. So does that mean he'll start out 2nd quarters with Metta there and then a few minutes into the quarter he's gonna swap out Metta for Ebanks?

So pretty much what he did last game?

The unit did extend the lead last game but, I don't know if I'll go with it exclusively.

Still want to see Meeks get some minutes but Brown seems very intent on the size lineup, I don't think it will work in the long term solutions but if that lineup extends leads consistently I won't complain.

That said, I don't expect them to.

Edited by Majesty, November 06, 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,690 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2012 - 05:59 PM

Waste of money on Meeks then.

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:08 PM

Metta trying to stay in front of SGs and Jamison trying to stay in front of SFs? Opposing wing players are going to have a field day.

Posted Image

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:09 PM

oh my damn

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:11 PM

we will not win a championship with this idiot. mark my words.

#10 MacedonianLaker

MacedonianLaker

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Name:Boris
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:15 PM

WOW , JUST WOW.He is just crazy and i have no idea whats going on in his mind but it isnt good for us.Shooting guard should play someone hwo can shoot the ball but also have good handles.Metta has none, especially the second one.
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess. "
Kobe Bryant

#11 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:17 PM

I don't expect the experiment to last long because Metta will get torched by SGs that badly.

With Jamison, he's bad on defense either way. So, I don't think it resonates as much when he can't guard SFs.

Edited by Japago, November 06, 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Posted Image

#12 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm willing to give the guy a chance but this does not seem to be a good idea. I'm sure he has his reasons so I will wait and see how it all plays out. I have been wrong many times before...

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'm willing to give the guy a chance but this does not seem to be a good idea. I'm sure he has his reasons so I will wait and see how it all plays out. I have been wrong many times before...

Like I said, the only reasoning I can think of is that Brown is intent on our 2nd unit being a size and defensive unit rather than a stretching the floor unit. That's the only reason I can see him going with that lineup, which is strange since we got Meeks for stretching purposes but I'm guessing Brown thinks that size of the second unit along with rebounding will work better than 3 point shooting for us right now. Brown feels our 2 biggest weaknesses aside from turnovers is 2nd chance points and rebounding off the initial stop. So I understand why he's going with a size bench, but I still have my questions.

I don't know if this will work, but the only reason I can see him going with it, is size and the fact that Metta is a more reliable defender and Brown doesn't want to stick Jamison at the 4 because he doesn't trust his defense there more than Hill's. And of course Gasol/Howard guarding a bench 5 is almost a no brainer.

Edited by Majesty, November 06, 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#14 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:37 PM

I have no problem trusting Brown's defensive acumen...I personally feel MWP's days taking anyone off the bounce are over...and his ability to defend quick 1/2s has steadily declined.

I have preached patience and I will practice what I preach.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,697 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have no problem trusting Brown's defensive acumen...I personally feel MWP's days taking anyone off the bounce are over...and his ability to defend quick 1/2s has steadily declined.

I have preached patience and I will practice what I preach.

Very true, I guess at the same time he feels that Metta will be the more reliable scorer over Ebanks and since Meeks isn't really part of a "size" lineup then that's why Metta would get it.

only reason why I think he's doing that. Looks like the bench will be the Peace Corps again without Metta having to come off the bench for it. The unit did have success. However I don't know if it will be consistent success. But we'll all see. If it sucks I don't expect to see it again.

My theory is the only reason Brown is trying things is because it worked the game prior so he wants to milk the heck out of things that 'work' and see how far they go.

Edited by Majesty, November 06, 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#16 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,448 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Posted Image

:laughing:

#17 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 06, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Mitch bring in Meeks to backup Kobe
Brown slides Metta World Peace to the backup instead.
Mike Brown never ceases to amaze me. :wall:

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#18 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 624 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:06 PM

Seriously, what did Meeks do to Mike Brown? He has to have pissed in his coffee or something. :laughing:
Posted Image

#19 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 06, 2012 - 07:06 PM

:blink:

#20 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,149 posts