Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,850 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Bernie on Morris tonight

The kid played good tonight. He's still got some packets of sugar that I want him to put in his pockets, but you get better when you get playing time, and he's getting playing time and getting better

Like I said, for our young players, Bernie is perfect to work with them, especially with his old school mentality, in 2 games we've seen Morris play a more measured pace and not as out of control. It's not coincidence.

I really hope him and Ham remain when Phil/D'antoni gets here, it'd be a loss not to have them during the shootarounds and in the locker rooms.

Edited by Majesty, November 11, 2012 - 09:09 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#122 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,662 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Good job Morris. Everything was good except that 1 heat check. Tony Parker next, and I hope he can stop him too. Thank you Bernie for giving him the majority of the minutes.

#123 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Bernie on Morris tonight

Like I said, for our young players, Bernie is perfect to work with them, especially with his old school mentality, in 2 games we've seen Morris play a more measured pace and not as out of control. It's not coincidence.

I really hope him and Ham remain when Phil/D'antoni gets here, it'd be a loss not to have them during the shootarounds and in the locker rooms.

Is there a link to this vid anywhere? Bernie Cracks me up dude is seriously old school.

#124 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,850 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:21 PM

Is there a link to this vid anywhere? Bernie Cracks me up dude is seriously old school.

it will probably be up on the Lakers website soon :) I saw it on Access Sportsnet on time warner just now :)

Was very real about our problems but he has confidence we'll work them out. He said we played very good, passed the ball around and played more fluid out there and that turnovers are still a problem but they're working on it.

And honestly I kinda feel bad for the guy, he's helping us in all these ways and the fans chant We want Phil and he got reporters asking him about Phil every other day.

Like Dwight said "I loved playing against teams Phil coached but at the same time you gotta give credit to Bernie."

I really think he's being disregarded a lot by the media and by the fans and that's a shame cause he's a valuable asset to us and deserves a little more respect.

That's my opinion though.

Edited by Majesty, November 11, 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#125 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,733 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:27 PM

it will probably be up on the Lakers website soon :) I saw it on Access Sportsnet on time warner just now :)

Was very real about our problems but he has confidence we'll work them out. He said we played very good, passed the ball around and played more fluid out there and that turnovers are still a problem but they're working on it.

And honestly I kinda feel bad for the guy, he's helping us in all these ways and the fans chant We want Phil and he got reporters asking him about Phil every other day.

Like Dwight said "I loved playing against teams Phil coached but at the same time you gotta give credit to Bernie."

I really think he's being disregarded a lot by the media and by the fans and that's a shame cause he's a valuable asset to us and deserves a little more respect.

Agreed. He'll get credit from everybody if we win tuesday night.

#126 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:29 PM

That sir is an opinion I completely agree with they should chant "Thank you Bernie." during his last game because he has honestly earned it. I think Phil will probably be there for Tuesdays game and even if he is they should still chant it. Bernie has earned my respect for how he has handled the media this situation and our basketball team.

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,850 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Agreed. He'll get credit from everybody if we win tuesday night.

Agree too. Main thing I take from his coaching is he coaches like he trusts the team and when he gives players the reigns they really have them, he steps in if he sees problems but he doesn't over coach, and as a result I notice even when we go through our cold stretches we finish the games stronger, like tonight, we started slow in the 3rd, then finished it strong and then continued momentum in the 4th after we got back on track.

in other news the Heat got blown out 86 to 104 by the Grizzlies tonight.

#128 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:35 PM

Agree too. Main thing I take from his coaching is he coaches like he trusts the team and when he gives players the reigns they really have them, he steps in if he sees problems but he doesn't over coach, and as a result I notice even when we go through our cold stretches we finish the games stronger, like tonight, we started slow in the 3rd, then finished it strong and then continued momentum in the 4th after we got back on track.

I watched that game and smiled the entire time. My wife says I am the biggest Lebron Hater on earth ..... I will accept that.

#129 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:42 PM

I watched that game and smiled the entire time. My wife says I am the biggest Lebron Hater on earth ..... I will accept that.

Nope I think I think that titles goes to me

#130 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:46 PM

"In 2 games under Bernie Bickerstaff, Darius Morris is averaging 8.5 points, 4 assists, 3.5 rebounds, 1.5 personal fouls, 0.5 steals, 1 TO in 23.5 minutes, shooting 43% from the field and 50% from behind the arc"

Quoted

#131 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,733 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Well its tough to give him credit now, even though i like his simplicity that made the team breathe. The thing is,These wins might be as a reactionary wins , especially that MB was too detailed that the players were uncomfortable(Princeton?). But i still believe his school of thoughts were perfect for this team , especially under these circumstances.

#132 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,733 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I am waiting for what LeBron has to say about Mike Brown and kobe

#133 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:55 PM

Yeah Bernie would probably take this team much further than Brown because he seems to trust the players. His old school approach and confidence in the players is probably refreshing for them. By simplifying things he has really let them be themselves and use their talents alot more. While the defence and mistakes haven't improved greatly the offense has looked so much better. We have blown out teams we should and held both under 100 while scoring 100. I also think the players respect him more than Brown. Although it's only 2 games Bernie has done a much better job than Brown this year. Sad but true as the results attest.

#134 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,850 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Yeah Bernie would probably take this team much further than Brown because he seems to trust the players. His old school approach and confidence in the players is probably refreshing for them. By simplifying things he has really let them be themselves and use their talents alot more. While the defence and mistakes haven't improved greatly the offense has looked so much better. We have blown out teams we should and held both under 100 while scoring 100. I also think the players respect him more than Brown. Although it's only 2 games Bernie has done a much better job than Brown this year. Sad but true as the results attest.

Ron said it best. Bernie has a "different coaching style" and I think that is a factor.

See Brown was extremely hard working and very intelligent but at the same time he had a tendency to overcoach. The truth is Brown's style of coaching is PERFECT for a younger team learning the ropes, like a Bobcats or a Hornets or even like a Cavs. Because young talent sometimes needs that. But on a team of veterans it sort of caused them to overthink because they probably aren't used to being coached in that way so it takes adjusting.

Bernie on the other hand teaches the same principles that Brown was teaching but he does it in a way that gives them a little more freedom and lets the vets be vets, he is tough on the young players but lets the vets be vets and we see how they respond to it. Their play looks more "natural". Flaws are still there but they aren't overthinking. So he'll basically do what Brown was trying to do but better, which makes perfect sense because he's the one that mentored Brown so he probably has a better idea how to deal with this situation(this is probably a reason Brown brought him as well).

Bernie said perfectly when he said "Our problems if you constantly talk about them over and over again then the reaction can sometimes be to go the other way, so what's best for us is to shut up about it and work on it because we already know it's there."

And it's working. Whereas Bernie would work on it from the shadows and step in when he feels there's too big a gap of non improvement, Brown would try to analyze everything down to a science when he really didn't need to. It's why he's such a hard worker but that style works better with a younger team than a veteran team imo. Bernie is the prime example of it.

Edited by Majesty, November 11, 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#135 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:06 PM

Nope I think I think that titles goes to me

No, me...lol

I'd seriously off myself if somehow LeBeta became a Laker
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#136 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,320 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:22 PM

Not surprised. Memphis mixes athletic wings and a strong front court which leaves Miami with no answer. Thats why last season, we were concerned about meeting them in the first round.

On topic, looking forward to seeing Morris continue his growth. Nice to see him get support from both Kobe and Bernie as well.

#137 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,662 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:25 PM

Looks like Darius is starting on Tuesday and Duhon is going to get some burn because of Blake's injury.

I know Darius is not even close to being Kobe, and never will be a Kobe, but seems just like how Kobe got noticed in the Pros. Kobe averaged 4-5 points a game in his rookie season, so he was a non-factor for the team, like Morris. The next year starter Eddie Jones gets injured and Kobe plays instead of him, impressing and averaging 18 points a game that season. Nash is injured, and so Morris is getting some burn, which hes playing pretty good, and has a chance to play even more minutes, now that Blake is hurt and might miss next game. They both had fros, and both are pretty athletic (Kobe more though). I hope no one takes this like I'm saying Morris is Kobe.

Edited by Jackson, November 11, 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#138 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:43 PM

Another corner 3 on a catch and shoot. Hes got that 1 thing consistent about him. Keep it up

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#139 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,662 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:46 PM

Another corner 3 on a catch and shoot. Hes got that 1 thing consistent about him. Keep it up

Haha yeah. Every single game he played I think he made atleast 1. It's the same exact spot, assisted by the same person.

#140 247Stylin

247Stylin

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Name:bob smith
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Looks like Darius is starting on Tuesday and Duhon is going to get some burn because of Blake's injury.

I know Darius is not even close to being Kobe, and never will be a Kobe, but seems just like how Kobe got noticed in the Pros. Kobe averaged 4-5 points a game in his rookie season, so he was a non-factor for the team, like Morris. The next year starter Eddie Jones gets injured and Kobe plays instead of him, impressing and averaging 18 points a game that season. Nash is injured, and so Morris is getting some burn, which hes playing pretty good, and has a chance to play even more minutes, now that Blake is hurt and might miss next game. They both had fros, and both are pretty athletic (Kobe more though). I hope no one takes this like I'm saying Morris is Kobe.

Oh look.. laker fans overhyping some benchwarmer

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

MSN/Bing (3)