#81 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:11 AM

We're going round and round here. Typical

He did just fine. Brown didnt give him a fair shake just like he didnt give Meeks a fair shake.

Goudelock got Drafted 2nd overall in the D-League draft so he'll have his chance. We'll see what he can do then

I could see Goudelock doing well in the D-League he did last year but him actually sticking to a NBA roster I doubt it... his defense is horrendous

#82 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,915 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Take it easy folks. The Lakers management I'm sure (even though they did hire Mike Brown...) is not retarded. There are obvious reasons why Morris got a contract and Goudelock didn't. Morris can shoot pretty decently, can play some decent defense, and he can attack and finish decently. He also has a decent PG vision. All around player when you compare him with Goudelock... Even with Steve Blake at this point of his career.

Goudelock was a make or miss type of player. Do a quick move off the dribble then shoot and if he makes it, he makes it if he doesn't, he doesn't. Only other thing he had going for him other than his jumper or 3 point shot was that silly floater of his. He couldn't bring the ball up quickly like the way Morris can, couldn't play defense and was undersized, and wasn't really athletic or quick as well.

While some aspects of Morris's game are raw, his athletic ability will help him get things done.

I'm not hating or anything. I loved Goudelock and I used to [expletive]ing rage when MB wouldn't play him and give him a chance, but instead played the veteran scrubs we had last season.

But as everyone else is pointing out, it's too soon to be crowning Darius Morris for anything. Let's wait and see how he does with a new coach and system for at least another 10-15 games before we continue to praise or criticize him. But that doesn't mean to not have high hopes or support for him. He has the tools and he has displayed most of them. Consistency is key.

Edited by Jackson, November 10, 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#83 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,884 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:15 AM

Damn I smell obscene amounts of hate all over this post. Its cool Morris College days show he has a much higher ceiling than Blake ever did saying anything less is uninformed or just plain bias. It's cool Blake is the Man.

Oh man, you're so right. Morris was spectacular in college, one of the best I've seen.

Would you say he was a better player than Jimmer Fredette?

Might be off-topic, who knows...how much would you pay Hasheem Thabeet, if we needed him to back up Howard? Jim Calhoun claimed he could be as good as Hakeem.

Also, just out of the blue...you know me, I'm curious...did you ever like Adam Morrison?

I kind of wonder how West Virginia is going to do this year. I bet they wish they had Joe Alexander back. I always heard Alexander was going to make it big, but I'm assuming he just didn't want to. Do you know where he's at now?

I just figured I'd ask our most knowledgeable college basketball fan about some of these guys, since you're the only one that pays attention to the NCAA here. Thanks.

#84 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,826 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:47 AM

Morris fanboys calling out people for being biased, oh the irony...

#85 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,696 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:55 AM

Not really going to get into the back and forth discussion in here, but just wanted to say this guy had a great game last night. I hope he continues to do this and who knows, maybe one day he'll be able to replace Blake.

My friend went to high school with him so every time he gets the ball we yell "D1MO!". :laughing:

#86 Magic Bryant

Magic Bryant

Rookie

• 80 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:59 AM

Morris fanboys calling out people for being biased, oh the irony...

Excatly. Gotta love the ppl who play the 'I watched him in college and knew he would be great" card. He hit a couple of open 3's and didn't turn the ball over at his usual clip. Now he's a this great talent that just needed some run. He still sucks massively. The kid can't excute a simple 3 on 2 break consistently. Glad to see his range has improved but he still lacks as a NBA PG. Not saying potential isn't there but he's a ways away. Honestly Duhon is better and I understand completely that Duhon makes Blake look like Steve Nash. And yes, I watch plenty of college ball, miss me with that weak ass rhetoric.

#87 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Excatly. Gotta love the ppl who play the 'I watched him in college and knew he would be great" card. He hit a couple of open 3's and didn't turn the ball over at his usual clip. Now he's a this great talent that just needed some run. He still sucks massively. The kid can't excute a simple 3 on 2 break consistently. Glad to see his range has improved but he still lacks as a NBA PG. Not saying potential isn't there but he's a ways away. Honestly Duhon is better and I understand completely that Duhon makes Blake look like Steve Nash. And yes, I watch plenty of college ball, miss me with that weak ass rhetoric.

:fist: :facepalm: :blowup:

#88 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:14 PM

duhon is better, simply cuz he doesnt turn the ball over as much. the good certainly does not outweigh the bad with Morris, including potential!!!!

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#89 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Oh man, you're so right. Morris was spectacular in college, one of the best I've seen.

Might be off-topic, who knows...how much would you pay Hasheem Thabeet, if we needed him to back up Howard? Jim Calhoun claimed he could be as good as Hakeem.

Also, just out of the blue...you know me, I'm curious...did you ever like Adam Morrison?

I kind of wonder how West Virginia is going to do this year. I bet they wish they had Joe Alexander back. I always heard Alexander was going to make it big, but I'm assuming he just didn't want to. Do you know where he's at now?

I just figured I'd ask our most knowledgeable college basketball fan about some of these guys, since you're the only one that pays attention to the NCAA here. Thanks.

Jimmer wasn't anywhere near as good as a passer as Darius Morris was in college. His game was primary just jumpshooting and very little intangibles that's why he's having problems in the NBA he can't defend and he can't get to the rim on a NBA level consistently

IDK why Jim Calhoun made that ridiculous statement bout Thabeet but he has been playing his role for the thunder for just defending and rebounding... he has to have the worst hands and basketball instincts I've ever seen

I didn't get to see too much of Adam Morrison in College or Joe Alexander to voice an opinion but from what I've read a LONG time ago was that Morrison was a diabetic and had a lot of health issues and idk what the deal was with Joe Alexander was

#90 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:27 PM

DJO should be playing over Morris, most def. i dont see potential to be ANYTHING above average in Morris..

DJOs game reminds me of Isaiah Thomas' for the Kings, and i think thats the direction the PG position is going - athletic,hit the mid range J, can finish strong at the rim,,, quick quick quick

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#91 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:29 PM

duhon is better, simply cuz he doesnt turn the ball over as much. the good certainly does not outweigh the bad with Morris, including potential!!!!

:shock:

#92 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:30 PM

DJO should be playing over Morris, most def. i dont see potential to be ANYTHING above average in Morris..

DJOs game reminds me of Isaiah Thomas' for the Kings, and i think thats the direction the PG position is going - athletic,hit the mid range J, can finish strong at the rim,,, quick quick quick

And what has he done in the summer league or preseason to make you feel that way?

#93 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:32 PM

And what has he done in the summer league or preseason to make you feel that way?

he hasn't played a meaningful game cuz of brown's rotations. not only that he has been superb in college. he has tremendous potential we should have him backup nash

Edited by ツ  , November 10, 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#94 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:34 PM

he hasn't played a meaningful game cuz of brown's rotations. not only that he has been superb in college. he has tremendous potential we should have him backup nash

LMAO I do feel that the only thing DJO might have over Morris is his defense but as overall game and playing back up PG I think Morris should play because I feel he's a better distributor and now that Morris is shooting consistently I don't see the point of having DJO play Back up at all

#95 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,884 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Jimmer wasn't anywhere near as good as a passer as Darius Morris was in college. His game was primary just jumpshooting and very little intangibles that's why he's having problems in the NBA he can't defend and he can't get to the rim on a NBA level consistently

IDK why Jim Calhoun made that ridiculous statement bout Thabeet but he has been playing his role for the thunder for just defending and rebounding... he has to have the worst hands and basketball instincts I've ever seen

I didn't get to see too much of Adam Morrison in College or Joe Alexander to voice an opinion but from what I've read a LONG time ago was that Morrison was a diabetic and had a lot of health issues and idk what the deal was with Joe Alexander was

Doesn't matter Jimmer's inability to pass. Iverson was said to be a bad passer, also. The point was (and you know what it was), Jimmer's abilities did not translate to the pros.

Don't make excuses for Thabeet. His ceiling was almost as high as what you are seeing from Anthony Davis, but it didn't happen.

Morrison's diabetes played no part in his troubles trying to adjust to the NBA. I'm a diabetic, taking insulin shots every day, active as anyone else. Morrison's diabetes wasn't the reason that his defense was horrible, or else it would have hurt his offensive play, based on symptoms. More excuses.

I actually came in this topic to praise Morris for FINALLY playing well, and then, I read about how you should be a scout, and how Morris is a big deal, and it makes me sick to my stomach. It's embarrassing to this fanbase, to have guys overrating someone who has done nothing on the college level AND especially on the NBA level, overrating a guy (Gerald Green) who has had five HORRIBLE games in his first six this year, despite the increased role, and those that dart into a topic to brag about a single game that, honestly, wasn't that spectacular to begin with...especially when it was all spoon-fed, much like Kobe was doing with Smush Parker in those two years Parker mattered in the league.

It's whatever. I don't know what's wrong with some of you. It's frustrating to see top-quality posters do everything imaginable to explain the game of basketball, to inject substance into their posts, and then see it countered with, "He was good in college, you obviously don't follow college ball so you don't know what he'll do in the NBA lolllllz." Just a shame, probably some of the lowest points this site has had since 2008, maybe even close to the Rondo/Farmar comparisons.

Don't care anymore.

#96 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:45 PM

LMAO I do feel that the only thing DJO might have over Morris is his defense but as overall game and playing back up PG I think Morris should play because I feel he's a better distributor and now that Morris is shooting consistently I don't see the point of having DJO play Back up at all

Naw man DJO is a much better player. he should definitely backup nash's role. even had a better college performance than morris. that shows alot. he's young too

Edited by ツ  , November 10, 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#97 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:55 PM

Doesn't matter Jimmer's inability to pass. Iverson was said to be a bad passer, also. The point was (and you know what it was), Jimmer's abilities did not translate to the pros.

Don't make excuses for Thabeet. His ceiling was almost as high as what you are seeing from Anthony Davis, but it didn't happen.

Morrison's diabetes played no part in his troubles trying to adjust to the NBA. I'm a diabetic, taking insulin shots every day, active as anyone else. Morrison's diabetes wasn't the reason that his defense was horrible, or else it would have hurt his offensive play, based on symptoms. More excuses.

I actually came in this topic to praise Morris for FINALLY playing well, and then, I read about how you should be a scout, and how Morris is a big deal, and it makes me sick to my stomach. It's embarrassing to this fanbase, to have guys overrating someone who has done nothing on the college level AND especially on the NBA level, overrating a guy (Gerald Green) who has had five HORRIBLE games in his first six this year, despite the increased role, and those that dart into a topic to brag about a single game that, honestly, wasn't that spectacular to begin with...especially when it was all spoon-fed, much like Kobe was doing with Smush Parker in those two years Parker mattered in the league.

It's whatever. I don't know what's wrong with some of you. It's frustrating to see top-quality posters do everything imaginable to explain the game of basketball, to inject substance into their posts, and then see it countered with, "He was good in college, you obviously don't follow college ball so you don't know what he'll do in the NBA lolllllz." Just a shame, probably some of the lowest points this site has had since 2008, maybe even close to the Rondo/Farmar comparisons.

Don't care anymore.

Jimmer Ferdette and Allen Iverson should not be in the same sentence!!!!!! if anything Jimmer Ferdette was the second coming of JJ Redick

I have no Idea how Thabeet was so overrated.... and the biggest difference between Anthony Davis and Thabeet was that Anthony Davis was a guard and had great skills at the Guard position than grew to his size now... Anthony Davis ceiling is ridiculous the guy hasn't even adjusted to his height and you can see he is still a lil awkward but his basketball instincts are light years ahead of Thabeets

Morris is the best reserve PG that we have and he deserves to have minutes over Blake now actually going to another team and contributing I don't see that happening but him coming off the bench for this team and contributing is something that is realistic and Morris has a crazy work ethic and has been getting mentored by Kobe since he's been here. The effort is there now he just needs experience and give him a little time and hopefully he can improve into a solid rotational player for us.

#98 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,915 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:57 PM

ROFLMAO YOU GUYS COMPARED FARMAR TO RONDO. WTF!!

#99 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:09 PM

It's kind of sick how even when players have a good game on this roster they constantly get bashed smh the Lakers winning should be more important than being right or wrong in an argument. Blake getting a lot of minutes hurts us and Morris finally getting extended minutes did a lot for us and hopefully it will continue. Right now we could just develop Morris and sign him for a extended CHEAP contract and either have him start in 2 or 3 years or have him come off the bench if we find someone better but financially and producing wise he's our best option

#100 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:27 PM

Never said I was the most knowledgeable anything but this was a good read... a bit Pompous and Obtuse but a good read none the less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users