#61 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:19 PM

No I care about the team getting better at the end of the day unlike you

What made you come to that conclusion? Morris makes this team better all he needed was playing time with more playing time he will begin to form chemistry with everybody and get better

#62 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:20 PM

Like your blind props for Goudelock even when he would shoot horrible on both ends of the floor

No you and Viktorian blindly support Morris. He did nothing worth recognition until tonight. NOTHING.

Goudelock shot 44% from the field for a month and also scored in double figures in 4 out of 5 games during a stretch Blake was out. Are you kidding me man?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#63 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:22 PM

What made you come to that conclusion? Morris makes this team better all he needed was playing time with more playing time he will begin to form chemistry with everybody and get better

1) How about not turning the ball over? He had 1 turnover tonight in almost 27 minutes when the pace was up and down

2) He actually did what he was supposed to do which was distribute the ball...5 assists in 27 minutes. He had 3 total in the 40 total minutes before entering this game

Like I said, play like this more often and help the team be competitive and Morris will get his due props from anyone...not just blind praise you and Viktorkian do

Edited by MDI, November 09, 2012 - 11:23 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#64 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,664 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:28 PM

1) How about not turning the ball over? He had 1 turnover tonight in almost 27 minutes when the pace was up and down

2) He actually did what he was supposed to do which was distribute the ball...5 assists in 27 minutes. He had 3 total in the 40 total minutes before entering this game

Like I said, play like this more often and help the team be competitive and Morris will get his due props from anyone...not just blind praise you and Viktorkian do

But Morris did find open players. They just didn't convert. Same for Kobe. Morris and Kobe would probably be in top 15 for assists per game if we made our open shots. But today was a good confidence booster for this team, especially the bench. Maybe now they can hit those open shots, and not be afraid to shoot it.

#65 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:30 PM

But Morris did find open players. They just didn't convert. Same for Kobe. Morris and Kobe would probably be in top 15 for assists per game if we made our open shots. But today was a good confidence booster for this team, especially the bench. Maybe now they can hit those open shots, and not be afraid to shoot it.

you're kidding me :laughing:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#66 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:35 PM

if he plays like this tonight why should me or anyone complain? Hes a backup player. Play like this every night and he'll get the deserved props. Respect and credit is not just blindly given, its earned. If he helps the team get better theres no grounds for anyone to complain thats the bottom line.

But Disrespect and Discredit is? I will be absolutely honest right now, the main reason I support Morris is because of his College accomplishments and I went to the same university. So far in the NBA he has not done enough to be Judged the only things we can really judge are his effort and work ethic which are both off the charts. I just was very pissed off by the amount of hate a very talented kid got because a lot of you obviously know jack [expletive] when it comes to any type of ball that isn't NBA. When the Draft came around my thoughts mirrored Mitch's in case you didn't hear what he had to say I will quote it. "I was honestly surprised when our pick came around and Morris was still available." The difference in the people that get paid to do it and the vast majority of us fans is that they actually do their research and follow College Ball. Mitch is not prone to hyperbole or overselling things If he sees talent he acts on it either it pays dividends or it doesn't. The main thing that killed me was reading the blatant bull [expletive] and obvious lack of knowledge about him From the Lakers Fan Base. Things like He cannot Dribble, He has poor court vision or He cannot Pass........ seriously that just let me know as a FACT you did not know [expletive] about him. It would be the same as me telling you how horrible a Benz is when I have only Driven a BMW. it would just be my own biased opinion because I really have no knowledge and am just going on what I saw from a 20 minute test drive. You know what the worst part is? When he does well there will be the "I always knew the kid had it" Bull[expletive] that happens when fans don't want to look dumb it happened in Boston and it will happen here. I am not saying he is going to be our Rondo before someone takes that and runs with it. Just saying if he plays anywhere near the way he did in college you all are in for a show just like we were at U of M.

#67 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:37 PM

Wow the hype is out of control over one good game :laughing:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#68 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 11:40 PM

Nothing Blind at all about my praise I just happen to be a bit more informed than you about a particular NBA player and that is fine. Not sure if you like College ball at all but I follow U of M, Michigan State and NC ... Hell I knew a lot about Shannon Brown before he hit the NBA. But then again I like basketball at all levels so .....

#69 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:15 AM

No you and Viktorian blindly support Morris. He did nothing worth recognition until tonight. NOTHING.

Goudelock shot 44% from the field for a month and also scored in double figures in 4 out of 5 games during a stretch Blake was out. Are you kidding me man?

Even and after those 5 games what did he do? NOTHING he didn't do anything in summer league or preseason and when he did get playing time what did he do with it NOTHING and you wanted him to play PG something he definitely COULD NOT DO

#70 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:23 AM

Only saw highlights, terrible barometer for someone's whole game, but from what it looked like your guy Morris played well CJ.

#71 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,085 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:26 AM

He was up against Curry and Jack. I thought he held his ground against them, not too bright but you have to praise the dude for his effort out there, he tried hard.

#72 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:27 AM

Even and after those 5 games what did he do? NOTHING he didn't do anything in summer league or preseason and when he did get playing time what did he do with it NOTHING and you wanted him to play PG something he definitely COULD NOT DO

We're going round and round here. Typical

He did just fine. Brown didnt give him a fair shake just like he didnt give Meeks a fair shake.

Goudelock got Drafted 2nd overall in the D-League draft so he'll have his chance. We'll see what he can do then

Edited by MDI, November 10, 2012 - 12:28 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#73 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:45 AM

We're going round and round here. Typical

He did just fine. Brown didnt give him a fair shake just like he didnt give Meeks a fair shake.

Goudelock got Drafted 2nd overall in the D-League draft so he'll have his chance. We'll see what he can do then

we really need a "garbage" sig for metta.
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#74 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:47 AM

we really need a "garbage" sig for metta.

he makes em when they count :yes:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#75 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:00 AM

Does anyone remember that 19-point game that Steve Blake had in the playoffs last year, against Denver? He shot five or six threes, over 60% from the floor, a couple steals, 3-4 assists? That was a borderline all-star performance...such a good player Blake is.

I also remember this Blake guy crushing the Heat in 2004, when he came off the bench and tore Wade UP, with Arenas getting hurt that game. Blake gave Wade a taste of 21 points, 8-12 shooting, 5-7 from three...just 65 games into his rookie season. You could just tell he was going to be a star.

#76 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:13 AM

Does anyone remember that 19-point game that Steve Blake had in the playoffs last year, against Denver? He shot five or six threes, over 60% from the floor, a couple steals, 3-4 assists? That was a borderline all-star performance...such a good player Blake is.

I also remember this Blake guy crushing the Heat in 2004, when he came off the bench and tore Wade UP, with Arenas getting hurt that game. Blake gave Wade a taste of 21 points, 8-12 shooting, 5-7 from three...just 65 games into his rookie season. You could just tell he was going to be a star.

Perfect example of a Hater I'm done

#77 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:15 AM

Perfect example of a Hater I'm done

You are done. You still have the fork in you.

#78 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 10, 2012 - 01:36 AM

What about the night he tore up Derek Fisher for 35 points off the bench and stood up to Dwight Howard :censored: The makings of a legend.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#79 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 10, 2012 - 02:21 AM

I was very impressed yesterday of Morris 10 points and 5 assists.

If he produces that way then Mitch should ship Blake away and let Morris backup Nash. PERIOD!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#80 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:42 AM

Damn I smell obscene amounts of hate all over this post. Its cool Morris College days show he has a much higher ceiling than Blake ever did saying anything less is uninformed or just plain bias. It's cool Blake is the Man.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users