327 replies to this topic

#261 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:55 PM

It's not riding Morris at all... these are both below average PG's were arguing about to be COMPLETELY honest Morris is young and still learning and I still feel he would be a nice piece for this team considering he is young CHEAP talent considering our current payroll... (in other words we won't get a player this young and this good for this cheap in the league and we should just work with what we got) now Duhon is a step out the door of the NBA he's been trash for the last 4 years and looks decent because of Mike Dantoni...

contradicted yourslef a little bit there!young,cheap, below avg PGs are so hard to come by, -_-

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 09, 2012 - 05:56 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#262 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:58 PM

contradicted yourslef a little bit there!young,cheap, below avg PGs are so hard to come by, -_-

Morris right now currently is a below average PG... same as Eric Bledsoe when came in... but he got better and is a big part of the Clippers bench... Morris has room to grow and get better just look how much he got better from last season to this season.. Duhon is just going to get worst and there aren't too many serviceable YOUNG PG's available for us to get...

#263 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Morris right now currently is a below average PG... same as Eric Bledsoe when came in... but he got better and is a big part of the Clippers bench... Morris has room to grow and get better just look how much he got better from last season to this season.. Duhon is just going to get worst and there aren't too many serviceable YOUNG PG's available for us to get...

i see verrrry minimal improvement in Morris' game from last year to this year(shoots the 3 decent), hes still a out of control,over-dribbling turnover waiting to happen,who cant really shoot.
bottom line, most laker fans believe that Morris is one of the 5 worst PGs in the nba, AND hes worse than Duhon, ur having a tuff time swallowing that,my friend!

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 09, 2012 - 06:01 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#264 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,127 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:16 PM

LMAAAAOO the sad part is you typed this huge passage for me and I read about the first paragraph and stop reading lol

plain and simple Morris should start because he is a better defender and Duhon brings exactly what Morris brings to the table It's not like Duhon is doing anything special on offense he just got lucky because Jamison and Meeks got hot for one game lol

All I know is Duhon lost us the Magic game and the Thunder game with his HORRIBLE defense

No, you read it all. You just can't disprove anything so you're going to act like you avoided it. But thanks for taking the time to read it and reply to it. No Morris shouldn't be starting.

Morris' defense was HORRIBLE against the Thunder and he allowed Westbrook to find a rhythm and score 5 straight points on him losing our 6 point lead. Duhon was guarding Westbrook for the 2nd half when Westbrook went 1 of 9 which you aren't crediting Duhon with at all because of your selectiveness.

But keep living in your own little world, no one else stays there not even Morris himself.

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2012 - 06:18 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#265 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,709 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:19 PM

No, you read it all. You just can't disprove anything so you're going to act like you avoided it. But thanks for taking the time to read it and reply to it. No Morris shouldn't be starting.

Morris' defense was HORRIBLE against the Thunder and he allowed Westbrook to find a rhythm and score 5 straight points on him losing our 6 point lead. Duhon was guarding Westbrook for the 2nd half when Westbrook went 1 of 9 which you aren't crediting Duhon with at all because of your selectiveness.

But keep living in your own little world, no one else stays there not even Morris himself.

You don't find your rhythm by scoring 5 points, and not playing after that for a few minutes, and have already scored 7 points before that.

#266 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,127 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:24 PM

You don't find your rhythm by scoring 5 points, and not playing after that for a few minutes, and have already scored 7 points before that.

Spoken like someone that has no idea. You can find your rhythm shooting free throws. Don't even try to say that a player like Westbrook wouldn't find a rhythm after finishing the quarter on such a good note just because Morris was guarding him. There is a reason Westbrook came out firing right after that. There's a thing called momentum. Morris allowed them to get that and those points that started off Westbrook's hot streak were on him.

When Duhon had Westbrook for the 2nd half, how many points did Westbrook score on how much shooting?

Exactly.

I can't believe you just tried to say a player can't find a rhythm after scoring 5 points and ending a quarter on a great note like he did :laughing:

if that's the case then we should never get excited for Meeks when he hits two threes in a row then.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#267 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:29 PM

i see verrrry minimal improvement in Morris' game from last year to this year(shoots the 3 decent), hes still a out of control,over-dribbling turnover waiting to happen,who cant really shoot.
bottom line, most laker fans believe that Morris is one of the 5 worst PGs in the nba, AND hes worse than Duhon, ur having a tuff time swallowing that,my friend!

He's shooting considerably better from three this year than he did last year and plays with a lot more confidence in his Jumpshot than he did before... Like I said he's came a long way and he will get better.. and most laker fans don't watch other teams... Eric Maynor is the back up PG to Westbrook and do you think he's a quality back up??

#268 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 06:43 PM

Duhon doesn't play ANY DEFENSE and those shots Westbrook missed were NOT because of Duhon!! I remember one play Westbrook just BLEW by Duhon for the dunk like it was nothing and did that several times and then got torched going into half time. I swear people hate players who aren't perfect and don't allow players to grow...

#269 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 09, 2012 - 07:40 PM

Who played more over the course of like the last 10 games? Duhon. Morris is a better defender I already showed why, and your stating your opinion. I have nothing against people stating their opinions, as long as they're not ignorant.

I actually want Morris to come off the bench, but only as long as he gets minutes off the bench. I want him to be with Meeks, Jamison, Howard and Hill/MWP/Blake. He'll probably be the best he can be with these guys because he actually has a role and doesn't just defer to Howard. He showed in a few games he can play well with that unit. Duhon can start all he wants, doesn't mean hes a better player. I can't wait for Nash to come back, and I hope Duhon goes back to 4th string and the 2nd unit I stated is actually the 2nd unit.

How is providing stats an opinion. Lol

Duhon is the better player overall. Its not an opinion....its a fact.

#270 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,469 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 09, 2012 - 07:42 PM

It's not riding Morris at all... these are both below average PG's were arguing about to be COMPLETELY honest Morris is young and still learning and I still feel he would be a nice piece for this team considering he is young CHEAP talent considering our current payroll... (in other words we won't get a player this young and this good for this cheap in the league and we should just work with what we got) now Duhon is a step out the door of the NBA he's been trash for the last 4 years and looks decent because of Mike Dantoni...

Still better than Morris.

I guess trash got a start over morris. So shut [expletive] up.

#271 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 08:57 PM

He's shooting considerably better from three this year than he did last year and plays with a lot more confidence in his Jumpshot than he did before... Like I said he's came a long way and he will get better.. and most laker fans don't watch other teams... Eric Maynor is the back up PG to Westbrook and do you think he's a quality back up??

maynor was a GREAT backup before his injury,,,many analysts said the ball should be in his hands to end games instead of westrbook's...

#272 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Even a goat can do something once in a while that impresses me. Morris however is more useless than said goat. Go home Morris.
To Live and Die in L.A

#273 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,720 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 09, 2012 - 09:31 PM

Howard could play a better PG than him

#274 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hes made 4 out of his last 28 shots attempted LOL so pathetic

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#275 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:10 PM

Sometimes I wonder how he even made it to the NBA when he plays.
To Live and Die in L.A

#276 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:19 PM

Why is there even a debate between Duhon and Morris? THEY BOTH SUCK, AS EXPECTED FROM THEM.

EDIT: Hey, what do you know...Duhon ended up with 11 assists tonight. That's five more than Darius' career high.

#277 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,720 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 09, 2012 - 10:39 PM

Why is there even a debate between Duhon and Morris? THEY BOTH SUCK, AS EXPECTED FROM THEM.

EDIT: Hey, what do you know...Duhon ended up with 11 assists tonight. That's five more than Darius' career high.

Well one of them is gonna be our back up for a long time. I still think duhon is miles better than morris is right now.

#278 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Well one of them is gonna be our back up for a long time. I still think duhon is miles better than morris is right now.

Morris' contract runs out after this season, and Duhon has one extra year...so I wouldn't say that one will be our backup for a long time. For all we know, Morris could be overseas next year, while Duhon turns into Aaron McKie and sits our bench as a player/coach (or, is traded, which I hope happens to both very soon).

With Nash, we do have a nice PG...but it will hurt us in the long run, because simply put, we don't have the assets to trade for one anymore (can't trade Gasol for one yet, since we have Nash...no point in that, leaves us with a hole up front), and we don't have any decent draft picks to use for one. Free agency will have to do, and right now, I can't say we're looking like we can guarantee a curious free agent PG a chance at a championship.

#279 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Duhon is 4th in the NBA in 3point shooting. 1st in NBA in Assist/Turnover ratio

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#280 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Duhon is 4th in the NBA in 3point shooting. 1st in NBA in Assist/Turnover ratio

Better than Morris, of course (significantly better), but a lot of that is because of the spoon-feeding, the fact that he's not handling the ball much, and that he's coming off the bench (up until now).

Both aren't doing what they are supposed to do, which is making the game harder on Kobe and Dwight. Morris just isn't doing a damn thing, but while Duhon is playing the part better, he's still a backup.

We need Nash back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users