Props to sidthekid871

#243 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:43 AM

The scary part is Darius is the biggest and best defensive PG we have on the team.

#244 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:05 AM

The scary part is Darius is the biggest and best defensive PG we have on the team.

agreed. and hes only the best because he's the biggest,,,i swear to god i see him get shook all over the court,so he eventually gives the ball handler space,and the ball handler doesnt take advantage of how darius cant defend dribble moves(westbrook exploited this tonight),his effort is great ,tho, and thats about 50% of defense

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#245 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,312 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:25 PM

We lost the game because Duhon can't play defense for [expletive]. You guys might hate Morris because his offense is not good, but his defense is what I like. Morris is better than Duhon at defense, plain and simple. Duhon and Morris both do the same on offense, don't give me that crap that Duhon gets more assists. Duhon doesn't do anything else different than Morris does on offense. Difference is when Morris passes it to an open player they either miss or pass, where with Duhon I don't know why, but they start suddenly making it. Why do you think Westbrook had a big game? Because Duhon was guarding him, and Duhon kept getting blown by.

#246 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:32 PM

His big chance has come and gone.

#247 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:44 PM

We lost the game because Duhon can't play defense for [expletive]. You guys might hate Morris because his offense is not good, but his defense is what I like. Morris is better than Duhon at defense, plain and simple. Duhon and Morris both do the same on offense, don't give me that crap that Duhon gets more assists. Duhon doesn't do anything else different than Morris does on offense. Difference is when Morris passes it to an open player they either miss or pass, where with Duhon I don't know why, but they start suddenly making it. Why do you think Westbrook had a big game? Because Duhon was guarding him, and Duhon kept getting blown by.

This is pretty much what I want to say but I'm too lazy to type out... but people hate Morris because I don't think he's trash and he's better than Steve Blake, Derek Fisher, and Chris Duhon... but I'm crazy

#248 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,196 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 09, 2012 - 02:59 PM

Westbrook's streak started from the middle to the end of the first quarter when Morris was guarding him and it was Morris on him when Westbrook cut our lead from 6 points to 1 point to end the quarter.

Then Westbrook went off in the 2nd with BOTH guarding him off of the momentum he'd already built.

But I love how you give Duhon no credit whatsoever for being his main defender in the 2nd half when Westbrook went 1 for 9.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#249 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 03:22 PM

Westbrook's streak started from the middle to the end of the first quarter when Morris was guarding him and it was Morris on him when Westbrook cut our lead from 6 points to 1 point to end the quarter.

Then Westbrook went off in the 2nd with BOTH guarding him off of the momentum he'd already built.

But I love how you give Duhon no credit whatsoever for being his main defender in the 2nd half when Westbrook went 1 for 9.

your kidding right?
he had a 4 POINT PLAY ON DUHON please kill that noise

#250 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,312 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 03:28 PM

Start of 1st - 3 minute mark - 3-5 FG 2-3 3pt Against Duhon
3 minute mark - 2nd Qtr 9 minute mark - 2-4 FG 1-1 3pt Against Morris
In the 3rd quarter he missed all of his shots, but he only attempted 1 3pter and all his other shots were in the paint, which means he blew by Duhon for the majority of those shots. In the 4th he went 2-4. He also had 8 assists in the game. Darius only played for 9 minutes, a few of those were when Russel was out of the game. Morris did better defense against Russel than Duhon did.

#251 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,753 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 09, 2012 - 03:54 PM

Duhon is a better defender. Morris plays decent defense. Duhon controls the offense better, is under control and can control the flow of the game. Morris can't do any of that. Morris is out of control.

Theres a reason Morris lost his start to Duhon.

#252 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:19 PM

Duhon is a better defender. Morris plays decent defense. Duhon controls the offense better, is under control and can control the flow of the game. Morris can't do any of that. Morris is out of control.

Theres a reason Morris lost his start to Duhon.

:smh: another idiot Laker fan

#253 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,196 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:27 PM

And you're more a fan of Morris than you are of the Lakers :)

Why don't you say why Duhon is starting and why he's performed better in the starting role than Morris and why Morris can't be a spark off the bench and would do better with the position than Duhon.

Goodness forbid we start a pointguard that is experienced, understands the system better and is the better passer and initiator of the offense than Morris.

Let's forget that Morris is at his best when he waits to be set up for his offense rather than initiated, let's forget that Morris has shown that whenever Morris tries to take the offense into his own hands and doesn't let the game come to him that it results in turnovers.

Let's forget all that because Morris plays good defense, because Duhon who can go out there and get 10 assists is a "worse" passer than Morris. And is also better fit offensively and a better three point shooter than Morris as well. Let's just forget that in D'antoni's system that Duhon set the record for assists in Madison Square Garden so obviously knows what he's doing in it more than Morris ever could at this point.

But we'll throw all that out.

Seems like you're one of those "fan of a player" before "fan of a team" kind of people.

Even if it was right in front of your eyes that Duhon was a better fit to start and Morris was a better fit off the bench you'd try to ignore it and act like the Lakers made a mistake starting Duhon and playing Morris off the bench eventhough they BOTH seem to play in a better flow in those positions.

You ignore it because YOU WANT Morris to start REGARDLESS of what's best FOR HIM.

Stop being a groupie and realize what is going to help him improve as a player, he finds his groove better coming off the bench and has shown it when he plays within himself WITH the bench more so than he did as a starter so live with the fact he's a better bench player than a starter right now and be happy that he's able to get THAT credit.

When you ignore him being played at a situation that is shown to be more advantageous to him it seems more like you could care less about his overall evolving as a player and just want him to evolve YOUR WAY instead of which way is best for him. Stop living vicariously through him. You're like a freaking parent screaming at a coach for not starting their son even though their son knows they'd be better coming off the bench and tried to explain it to you, but you are refusing to listen to him and thus embarrassing him in front of his teammates.

Edited by Majesty, December 09, 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#254 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,753 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:33 PM

Morris: 5pts 1.6 Rbs 2.5 Apg 1.5 TOpg on 35% shooting 41% 3pt

Duhon: 4 pts 2 rbs 3.5 Apg 0.8 TOpg on 45% shooting 43% 3pt

Now go back to riding Morris and keep quiet

Edited by LakeShow805, December 09, 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#255 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,312 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Who played more over the course of like the last 10 games? Duhon. Morris is a better defender I already showed why, and your stating your opinion. I have nothing against people stating their opinions, as long as they're not ignorant.

I actually want Morris to come off the bench, but only as long as he gets minutes off the bench. I want him to be with Meeks, Jamison, Howard and Hill/MWP/Blake. He'll probably be the best he can be with these guys because he actually has a role and doesn't just defer to Howard. He showed in a few games he can play well with that unit. Duhon can start all he wants, doesn't mean hes a better player. I can't wait for Nash to come back, and I hope Duhon goes back to 4th string and the 2nd unit I stated is actually the 2nd unit.

#256 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,196 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Who played more over the course of like the last 10 games? Duhon. Morris is a better defender I already showed why, and your stating your opinion. I have nothing against people stating their opinions, as long as they're not ignorant.

So you're basically saying that Morris is averaging more turnovers and shooting a lower percentage than Duhon while playing less minutes...

and this is a good thing?

#257 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,312 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:06 PM

So you're basically saying that Morris is averaging more turnovers and shooting a lower percentage than Duhon while playing less minutes...

and this is a good thing?

Umm no. His TO rating is up because in the first few games he had minutes, TO's were a huge problem with him, but after that, he has been very good in keeping his TO's down. He averages more points has less rebounds and less assists by a little and he got a lot less playing time then he had at the beginning.

#258 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:34 PM

Umm no. His TO rating is up because in the first few games he had minutes, TO's were a huge problem with him, but after that, he has been very good in keeping his TO's down. He averages more points has less rebounds and less assists by a little and he got a lot less playing time then he had at the beginning.

ya , hes been keeping his TO's down ,because the balls hes been losing have bounced into our hands somehow.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#259 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:46 PM

And you're more a fan of Morris than you are of the Lakers :)

Why don't you say why Duhon is starting and why he's performed better in the starting role than Morris and why Morris can't be a spark off the bench and would do better with the position than Duhon.

Goodness forbid we start a pointguard that is experienced, understands the system better and is the better passer and initiator of the offense than Morris.

Let's forget that Morris is at his best when he waits to be set up for his offense rather than initiated, let's forget that Morris has shown that whenever Morris tries to take the offense into his own hands and doesn't let the game come to him that it results in turnovers.

Let's forget all that because Morris plays good defense, because Duhon who can go out there and get 10 assists is a "worse" passer than Morris. And is also better fit offensively and a better three point shooter than Morris as well. Let's just forget that in D'antoni's system that Duhon set the record for assists in Madison Square Garden so obviously knows what he's doing in it more than Morris ever could at this point.

But we'll throw all that out.

Seems like you're one of those "fan of a player" before "fan of a team" kind of people.

Even if it was right in front of your eyes that Duhon was a better fit to start and Morris was a better fit off the bench you'd try to ignore it and act like the Lakers made a mistake starting Duhon and playing Morris off the bench eventhough they BOTH seem to play in a better flow in those positions.

You ignore it because YOU WANT Morris to start REGARDLESS of what's best FOR HIM.

Stop being a groupie and realize what is going to help him improve as a player, he finds his groove better coming off the bench and has shown it when he plays within himself WITH the bench more so than he did as a starter so live with the fact he's a better bench player than a starter right now and be happy that he's able to get THAT credit.

When you ignore him being played at a situation that is shown to be more advantageous to him it seems more like you could care less about his overall evolving as a player and just want him to evolve YOUR WAY instead of which way is best for him. Stop living vicariously through him. You're like a freaking parent screaming at a coach for not starting their son even though their son knows they'd be better coming off the bench and tried to explain it to you, but you are refusing to listen to him and thus embarrassing him in front of his teammates.

LMAAAAOO the sad part is you typed this huge passage for me and I read about the first paragraph and stop reading lol

plain and simple Morris should start because he is a better defender and Duhon brings exactly what Morris brings to the table It's not like Duhon is doing anything special on offense he just got lucky because Jamison and Meeks got hot for one game lol

All I know is Duhon lost us the Magic game and the Thunder game with his HORRIBLE defense

#260 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 09, 2012 - 05:51 PM

It's not riding Morris at all... these are both below average PG's were arguing about to be COMPLETELY honest Morris is young and still learning and I still feel he would be a nice piece for this team considering he is young CHEAP talent considering our current payroll... (in other words we won't get a player this young and this good for this cheap in the league and we should just work with what we got) now Duhon is a step out the door of the NBA he's been trash for the last 4 years and looks decent because of Mike Dantoni...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users