327 replies to this topic

#201 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 03:19 PM

Better than Blake or Duhon. That's awesome.

So Morris is probably the 9th best player on this team? He's better than...

Blake, Duhon, DJO, Sacre, Clark, and Ebanks

I now see why you brag about him so much. Hell of an accomplishment.

That someone that drives is usually the PG, just so you know. Can't blame him for doing that...you give up the three to protect the rim. That's why Ron Artest has a championship ring as arguably the best, or second best, defender on our team in 2010.

Yep, and so does Steve Nash (who has for all of his career), and he's a two-time MVP. If you're trying to justify Morris' play by pointing out Gasol's weakness on defense, why not point out Nash's back in...say...2006? Nash was a wreck on the defensive end.

Is Morris' defense, today, better than Nash's defense in 2006? We're talking the 2006 MVP, by the way.

Doesn't mean jack. Morris couldn't hold Nash's jock. Darius is a better defender than Blake and Duhon? Super. Blake knows how to run an offense better. Game, set, match.

When Morris was in we were getting torched by Arron Afflalo and JJ Redick... and then Jameer went on a tear every time Duhon was out there...

Nash offensive output pretty much makes up for his defensive problems... he is one of the best PGs of all time... there are few PGs that are gifted with Nash's kind of court vision also with his great perimeter shooting

Morris is still growing and he's playing well for a player coming out of college too early... It's sad how some of you want to see him fail so bad just to try to prove a pointless point that doesn't help our team

#202 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 03:20 PM

THat was on Kobe. Re-watch Kobe completely stopped playing D and Duhon helped on his man .

I watched the game Duhon got torched and even had a highlight of him hitting a spinning jumper on duhon.. I'm sorry but his defense is horrible

#203 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:10 PM

When Morris was in we were getting torched by Arron Afflalo and JJ Redick... and then Jameer went on a tear every time Duhon was out there...

That's because Kobe has to roam for YOUR GUY and for Pau. You seriously think Darius Morris can defend Jameer Nelson?

Kobe has been doing it for years. He's a high-IQ defensive player on the team, probably the highest IQ defender (Ron just has fast hands and is physical, Dwight uses his athleticism and timing...Bryant actually knows tendencies, hot spots, etc).

Nash offensive output pretty much makes up for his defensive problems... he is one of the best PGs of all time... there are few PGs that are gifted with Nash's kind of court vision also with his great perimeter shooting

Everyone already knows that. You missed the point.

Morris is still growing and he's playing well for a player coming out of college too early... It's sad how some of you want to see him fail so bad just to try to prove a pointless point that doesn't help our team

1) What is a pointless point?

2) I don't want to see him fail, but I'm also not going to ride his jockstrap because he's wearing a P&G jersey. If he's doing bad, overall, I will call him out and ALWAYS expect you to make up some lame excuse for him.

First, your excuse was that he wasn't getting enough minutes.

Then, you blamed it all on him coming out of Michigan early (this was something you said a while back).

At one point, you blamed Mike Brown, for not playing him correctly and putting him out there with the right players.

Now, you've blamed Kobe for hogging the ball and not giving Morris a chance.

You do realize how all of this looks, right?

------------

By the way, I'm going to have fun with this again. As I'm typing this post, I'm transferring the LA/Orlando game to my computer. I'm going to go and highlight all of Morris' shortcomings on both offense AND defense, in screenshots, and point them out to you. I'm also going to show you how many times he is helped on the defensive end (the PG position overall), and the spacing mistakes he makes, along with him being in bad positions on the floor. Not kidding, by the way...as long as I can finish my work project tonight, I'll analyze his game even better tomorrow.

#204 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:47 PM

That's because Kobe has to roam for YOUR GUY and for Pau. You seriously think Darius Morris can defend Jameer Nelson?

Kobe has been doing it for years. He's a high-IQ defensive player on the team, probably the highest IQ defender (Ron just has fast hands and is physical, Dwight uses his athleticism and timing...Bryant actually knows tendencies, hot spots, etc).

Everyone already knows that. You missed the point.

1) What is a pointless point?

2) I don't want to see him fail, but I'm also not going to ride his jockstrap because he's wearing a P&G jersey. If he's doing bad, overall, I will call him out and ALWAYS expect you to make up some lame excuse for him.

First, your excuse was that he wasn't getting enough minutes.

Then, you blamed it all on him coming out of Michigan early (this was something you said a while back).

At one point, you blamed Mike Brown, for not playing him correctly and putting him out there with the right players.

Now, you've blamed Kobe for hogging the ball and not giving Morris a chance.

You do realize how all of this looks, right?

------------

By the way, I'm going to have fun with this again. As I'm typing this post, I'm transferring the LA/Orlando game to my computer. I'm going to go and highlight all of Morris' shortcomings on both offense AND defense, in screenshots, and point them out to you. I'm also going to show you how many times he is helped on the defensive end (the PG position overall), and the spacing mistakes he makes, along with him being in bad positions on the floor. Not kidding, by the way...as long as I can finish my work project tonight, I'll analyze his game even better tomorrow.

When he recieved minutes he was productive more than blake

He did come out of Michigan too early

Darius Morris plays better in transition than in a half court set

Didn't blame Kobe for Morris's overall performance... I stated that Kobe wasn't facilitating like he has.. and the last game he was shooting at any chance he could and really wasn't looking for his team mates at all... and with out someone passing Morris the ball he's not going to be that effective.. especially with the role he has on this team

If you think it's that serious then go ahead but I won't care what you post or pictures you put up.. It's not going to change my opinion at all and will be a BIG waste of your time

#205 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,159 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:58 PM

When he recieved minutes he was productive more than blake

He did come out of Michigan too early

Darius Morris plays better in transition than in a half court set

Didn't blame Kobe for Morris's overall performance... I stated that Kobe wasn't facilitating like he has.. and the last game he was shooting at any chance he could and really wasn't looking for his team mates at all... and with out someone passing Morris the ball he's not going to be that effective.. especially with the role he has on this team

If you think it's that serious then go ahead but I won't care what you post or pictures you put up.. It's not going to change my opinion at all and will be a BIG waste of your time

So what you're saying is "video, statistics, evidence, and proof don't matter to me!"

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#206 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nothing is going to change your opinion, Darius. I wouldn't post all of that for you. I just want to continue to show others how ridiculously biased you are when it comes to your own game, that's all.

#207 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Nothing is going to change your opinion, Darius. I wouldn't post all of that for you. I just want to continue to show others how ridiculously biased you are when it comes to your own game, that's all.

That's fine

#208 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Shut the hell up. What are you guys talking about! Darius Morris stopped Jameer yesterday. Duhon came in and got his crappy ass shown up. Duhon sucks! He might be a slightly better passer, but Darius can get to the rim better, can defend better, and is a faster player. Yesterday Darius started the game good, showing some of the things he did in college, he had 3 mistakes, (fouling Jameer on a 3, but he kind of flopped on it, bad pass to Ron, who should've had better positioning because he was being guarded by Jameer, and missing a 3, which isn't really a mistake.) So the reason why Morris was playing good before, was because his confidence level was high, now if he makes a mistake that Duhon makes too, he gets subbed out and his confidence drops. If young players don't have confidence, don't expect them to play good. Darius goes out there, does what we ask him of, get's taken out, and Duhon comes in and can't guard his guy which is when hell ensues.

#209 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,471 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:30 PM

Shut the hell up. What are you guys talking about! Darius Morris stopped Jameer yesterday. Duhon came in and got his crappy ass shown up. Duhon sucks! He might be a slightly better passer, but Darius can get to the rim better, can defend better, and is a faster player. Yesterday Darius started the game good, showing some of the things he did in college, he had 3 mistakes, (fouling Jameer on a 3, but he kind of flopped on it, bad pass to Ron, who should've had better positioning because he was being guarded by Jameer, and missing a 3, which isn't really a mistake.) So the reason why Morris was playing good before, was because his confidence level was high, now if he makes a mistake that Duhon makes too, he gets subbed out and his confidence drops. If young players don't have confidence, don't expect them to play good. Darius goes out there, does what we ask him of, get's taken out, and Duhon comes in and can't guard his guy which is when hell ensues.

No Morris is garbage.

#210 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:32 PM

No Morris is garbage.

Let me ask you this is Mo Harkless garbage?

#211 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:50 PM

umm, how is he related to anything?

#212 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:09 PM

umm, how is he related to anything?

I just want to know what he thinks of Mo Harkless ... he probably doesn't even know who that is

#213 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,471 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Don't know, don't care.

If he plays like Morris then he is garbage.

#214 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,258 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:25 AM

Dude... don't ride Morris so hard. He played bad, get over it. He's a big boy, he can take some criticism and build from it. If Mike D were like you, Morris wouldn't learn a thing if his mistakes were excused in a manner that you just displayed.

#215 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,131 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:44 AM

Dave McMenamin@mcten

Two new starters for the Lakers tonight vs Houston: Jamison for Pau at the four (out with tendinitis) and Duhon for Morris at the point.

Darius got benched lol

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#216 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,133 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:56 AM

Darius sure makes good use of his opportunities

Slight improvement over last year when given an opportunity. Went from a .3/10 to a .35/10

Maybe in 10 years he'll be below average. Maybe
Posted Image

#217 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:03 AM

Dave McMenamin@mcten
Two new starters for the Lakers tonight vs Houston: Jamison for Pau at the four (out with tendinitis) and Duhon for Morris at the point.

Darius got benched lol

To Duhon.. How sad.
Posted Image

#218 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Morris as a starter 10 games, 24 mins 5.5 points, 2.6 assists. 2 turnovers, 1.2 steals 36% FG 33% 3FG

Lawl

Edited by MDI, December 04, 2012 - 11:24 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#219 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:52 AM

it really doesn't matter who starts for morris or duhon...their game is so similar that you really wouldn't notice the difference even if morris was starting....neither of them attack the basket...or control the pace of the game...all they really do is defer or spot up. It would be nice if we could slide DJO to the PG position...i hear he's been wrecking in the D-League 27.0 PPG 5+ AST-R. but ofcourse...you can't translate that to the NBA level. But i can't say i would see duhon or morris putting up those numbers. #Scrubs.

Edited by smoov123y, December 04, 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#220 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:55 AM

We got Joseph Gordon Levitt sayin Duhon > Morris on twitter

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users