#41 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,519 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:24 AM

Kobe and Jordan are actually quite similar defensively and both have been selected to multiple all-defensive teams. I'd give the edge to Jordan but it's close.

However, that is besides the point. When we're talking about being able to play for a long time, Kobe's size and strength and his ability to read the opponents plays should be sufficient to be a passable defender. Just look at what Jason Kidd is doing in NY. Kidd is a PG who have transformed into an efficient SG - at the age of 69.

Jordan is a much better defender and he played great defense constantly.

#42 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 06, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hey Iagree MJ was a slighly better defender, howeva MJ was not having to deal with the likes of Kobes, Penny, Tmac, Vince, Wade, LBJ, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Ginobli, I can keep going top level SG with the similiar type athleticism & in some cases much more than MJ! The defensive assignments MJ had to face on a regular basis compared to Kobe who has been demanded to watch Pgs, Sgs, & Sfs is not even comparable. Kobe has had a much tougher battle over the last 2 decades of opponents who are just as athletic & some gr8 talents in their own right. MJ barely had any1 at SG with his type of athelticism & natural ability. dont get me wrong there were some but not to the amount of whom Kobe has battled & outlasted to date. So Im more impressed by Kobes defense over Mjs. Except for the last 2 gifts 1st team defense Kobe got = those were bullsheet.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#43 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2012 - 04:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...-play-wednesday

That doesn't mean he'll be around forever, though, as Bryant provided some context to the CNN Turkey report that quoted the Lakers superstar as saying, "My aim is to play until I'm 40 years old and I believe I can do that."

"Playing 'till I'm 40 is not beyond the realm of possibility," Bryant said Tuesday with a knowing smile. "There's always YMCA games. There's always pick-up games. So, I'll probably be playing. As long as I'm living, I'll probably be playing."

His not playing in the NBA till his 40.
Laker fan for life.

#44 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,554 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:16 AM

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8601293/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-held-practice-tuesday-plans-play-wednesday

His not playing in the NBA till his 40.

No, maybe not that long. But he wont retire in two years, i dont think/hope.

In the summer of 2014 the Lakers will have only two players on contract, Howard (hopefully) and Nash, and they'll have almost 30 million in cap-space, which they could use to sign two solid players - in theory they could sign Andre Igoudala AND Carmelo Anthony. In addition, they could resign Pau using his Bird Rights.

Would Kobe pass on the chance to play on a team with Nash, Pau, Dwight and two allstars?

Depending on how things go these two years, Kobe could potentially be looking at getting another handfull of rings, as well as trying to beat Kareems 38K.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users