#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,937 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 05, 2012 - 02:46 PM

at 40 guarding 20 year olds... :laughing: Not likely.

Jordan did it :censored:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#22 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2012 - 02:47 PM

When you love the game it's hard to walk away I don't know any basketball players that said they were done and actually stayed done with basketball

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 05, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Good. I don't wanna see Kobe retire anytime soon.
htCCl0m.png

#24 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,315 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 02:54 PM

When you love the game it's hard to walk away I don't know any basketball players that said they were done and actually stayed done with basketball

Brad Dougherty. Though he is a mediocre basketball player, I'm pretty sure he is completely done with basketball right after he retired. He's into the redneck nascar now.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#25 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:01 PM

Brad Dougherty. Though he is a mediocre basketball player, I'm pretty sure he is completely done with basketball right after he retired. He's into the redneck nascar now.

He only played for 7 years?? and if he loved basketball so much he at least should be apart of it in someway.... NASCAR though really???

#26 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:09 PM

colby brian is goodz.

Posted Image

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:57 PM

yea, and he was pretty much garbage. And MJ started playing pro at 21 years of age. Not 17-18 like KB8.
And MJ also took 2-3 years of NBA mileage off his legs when he was playing baseball in AAA.
And MJ had 2 seasons off before he played in Washington at age 38. His last season in02-03 MJ was 39.
So at 40 years of age, Kobe would have 6-7 more years on his legs.
Like I said, it aint probable.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#28 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:13 PM

If he plays for 5-10 million he can stay... Anything over that and we are hindering are future.
Laker fan for life.

#29 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,721 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 05, 2012 - 09:42 PM

not the same at all....

#30 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted November 05, 2012 - 10:10 PM

He won't retire until he beat MJ's points.

#31 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,768 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2012 - 10:37 PM

If Kobe wants to put himself up there among the all-time greats, he is going to have to do what MJ could not: which is to find his role as he gets older and play until he is 40, like Kareem and Malone. In that case he could potentially break the all-time scoring record and depending on the moves that LA makes he could have an additional small handfull of championship rings as well.

The question is whether Kobe can accept being older and be content with being the #2 or #3 banana on a team. MJ couldn't, and his final years in Washington was a disgrace. Kobe has the same type of mentality as MJ, but is also a lot more skilled than MJ so who knows.

#32 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 11:26 PM

Kobe has the same type of mentality as MJ, but is also a lot more skilled than MJ so who knows.

Did you just say Kobe is more skilled than MJ?

#33 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,768 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Did you just say Kobe is more skilled than MJ?

Yep, I said that Kobe is more skilled than MJ. Most people would agree with me, including this guy:

That doesn't mean, however, than Kobe was better than Jordan in his prime, just that he is a more skilled as a basketball player. I would argue that Andrew Bynum is more skilled as a basketball-player than Dwight Howard, but Howard is just the better player.

Dont want to get into the MJ vs Kobe argument, but MJs game was based on insane athleticism, among other things of course, and when the athleticism went so did his production. Kobe has more tools in his arsenal and so perhaps he could have an easier time adjusting to his age.

#34 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 06, 2012 - 01:19 AM

i hope kobe will play more years then we all suggest but on the other hand i dont want him to play until he is 40 and he doesnt produce anymore..

but kobe is kobe. he can do it all! :81:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#35 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,721 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:03 AM

Yep, I said that Kobe is more skilled than MJ. Most people would agree with me, including this guy:

That doesn't mean, however, than Kobe was better than Jordan in his prime, just that he is a more skilled as a basketball player. I would argue that Andrew Bynum is more skilled as a basketball-player than Dwight Howard, but Howard is just the better player.

Dont want to get into the MJ vs Kobe argument, but MJs game was based on insane athleticism, among other things of course, and when the athleticism went so did his production. Kobe has more tools in his arsenal and so perhaps he could have an easier time adjusting to his age.

Kobe might be more skilled offensively but surely not defensively

#36 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,768 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:20 AM

Kobe might be more skilled offensively but surely not defensively

Kobe and Jordan are actually quite similar defensively and both have been selected to multiple all-defensive teams. I'd give the edge to Jordan but it's close.

However, that is besides the point. When we're talking about being able to play for a long time, Kobe's size and strength and his ability to read the opponents plays should be sufficient to be a passable defender. Just look at what Jason Kidd is doing in NY. Kidd is a PG who have transformed into an efficient SG - at the age of 69.

#37 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:44 AM

I told everyone when kobe said "2 year" he was sayin to stir the meida up. kobe knows he can and will play until 40. malone, kareem, mj, and nash were close to 40 and still played.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#38 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:46 AM

If he plays for 5-10 million he can stay... Anything over that and we are hindering are future.

hes not goin to get 5-10 mill a year. its gonna be around 15 mill at this final years.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#39 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 10:37 AM

You mean most Lakers fan would agree with you?

I doubt people outside Lakers forum would believe that Kobe is more skilled than Jordan.

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,768 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 11:08 AM

You mean most Lakers fan would agree with you?

I doubt people outside Lakers forum would believe that Kobe is more skilled than Jordan.

I dont really care what people outside this forum believes. What i've seen myself, what i've heard coaches and sports-analysts say tells me that Kobe is more skilled that MJ.

That's not the same as saying Kobe is better. That's a whole different discussion/thread.

I will admit, however, that i did go too far when i said Kobe was a lot more skilled than MJ. He isn't A LOT more skilled, but looking at both players' total arsenal, Kobe comes out on top.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users