• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#1961 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I thought I made that clear in one of my other posts, but I guess not.

Using your "eye test" method...it's obvious that Dwight helps with Gasol's man, and our PG assignments that drive the lane. This is a fact. Kobe and Artest are the two best perimeter defenders on the team, so they are asked to fend for themselves. This is usually the case with all defensive anchors; in Detroit, Billups and Prince didn't need the help that Hamilton and an older Sheed did. When you went to look at Rip Hamilton's defensive numbers, they didn't seem so bad. Billups, however, was putting up good numbers most of his career, so it didn't matter.

Same with Ray Allen in Boston. He needed the defensive help from Garnett. Are you willing to say that Rondo's defensive numbers could be because of Garnett's presence, just because he's in the game and your "eye test" shows him there?

Being able to direct your assignment to one particular area of the court is not as easy as people think. It's extremely hard, especially when you're getting hit with screens constantly.

I've re-watched maybe six games of ours this season (all losses, I purposely do this). Go see how many times Kobe is hit with a screen.

In fact, specifically...the Orlando Magic game...go watch us blow that lead, or start at the last five minutes of the game. You'll see exactly why our defense has trouble every now and then. No communication.

Again, we are a top defensive team in the NBA. We just don't sustain it, and I pointed out why in yet another post.

You're arguing against Toronto Raptors fans, then...and I'm definitely not going to take your word for it, nor would I take mine if I were watching "some of Toronto's games" versus die-hard Raptors fans (and one of the most intelligent Raptors fans I know, posting on my site) saying that Bargnani and Calderon are matadors.

Not sure what else to tell you. Believe what you want.

Kobe gets hit with screens...yes. But he's always so far away from his man that even if he didn't get hit with the screen, he'd be too far out of position to recover. He's playing lazy defense and NO COACH in the WORLD would design that scheme. Nor have they. Kobe's playing centerfield instead of just staying home with his man.

WHY?

He has the best defensive player in the last 15 years on his team as an anchor? WHY is he playing in the middle of the court, watching the ball instead of allowing Dwight to do what he does best? He's not doing that as a "scheme". Why is it "communication" that's the problem when KOBE is not playing defense? What kind of communication does he need to play 1-on-1?

If he was TRULY getting screened out of the play, he'd be chasing his man all over the floor. Then he could fight OVER the screens and depend on the HELP to stop penetration. But he's not doing that either. His man is routinely getting open for WIDE OPEN looks because Kobe isn't even in the same area code.

His teammates aren't supposed to call out screens for him when he's not even on his man...that doesn't make sense!!!!!!!

And if his teammates switch, Kobe yells at them because Kobe's not going to be able to guard their man...why? Because Kobe wasn't paying attention in the first place! Not only that, Kobe can't defend most post players (4/5) so that's a stupid and unnecessary switch!

As far as Bargs, for 10M, he's not doing any worse defensively than Pau...and his knees aren't 32y/o. Raptors fans? That's your eye test evidence? I can promise you that I have a better eye than >90% fans. You don't have to take my word for it. Look back and see how many times I've called something out to have a player or coach come right back the next day or next week to say the same exact thing. I don't look at games from a fan's POV. I'm always in coach mode. That's why I'm grounded when it comes to wins and losses. I supported Brown on principle until he started doing stupid stuff...I knew that was going to get him fired. I knew when he couldn't motivate them, he was gone. When he started forcing the issue, he was gone. When Pau wasn't helping on D, I knew that was going to be a problem. When Kobe started sucking on D, I knew that was going to be a problem. When Dwight wasn't near 100%, I knew we'd suck defensively. When Morris played better, we were more efficient on offense. All of these things are common sense but most people don't see them as soon as they pop up because they are blinded by bias.

You have a certain bias against Bargs. I get it. I have the same bias against Bosh. I do NOT under any circumstances want Chris Bosh on the Lakers. The difference is I won't argue against Bosh if it's a good trade for the Lakers...I will say I don't want him. I will say he's a creampuff that should never earn more than 10M/y at most. I will say that he deserves his on lingerie line. I don't like him.

If there was a trade out there that made sense for the Lakers, I won't argue against it.

I expect the same from you. This trade makes sense financially and strategically. Pau goes out of the West. We land a legit stretch 4. We gain a 10M expiring contract and a good backup PG. I don't see the problem.

As older, more experienced posters, we have a responsibility to not let our bias negatively affect good discussion. If you took a step back and looked at things objectively, I'm sure you'd agree that this trade is not nearly as bad as it's being presented...mainly by you.

#1962 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,521 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:32 AM

I really just cant see nash coming back and making pau better. Pau's faults are his own. Nash wont improve his horrible defense. Nash wont improve his inability to hit wide open mid range jumpers and nash wont improve him being soft.

It just seems like we would be waiting till Christmas he will play a few games and there will be no gasol improvement The team will imrove dramatically though which could make gasol look better but I just dont see what nash is gonna do to help gasol.

#1963 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:44 AM

What Dirk (in his prime) couldn't do on the defensive end...was overshadowed (by far) by how incredible he was as an offensive player. Same with Steve Nash.

Don't compare Bargnani to Dirk, in any manner. He's more Gasol (today's Gasol)...and honestly, not even that. Bargnani doesn't pass as well as Pau, certainly doesn't rebound as well, and he has NEVER shot over 47% from the floor...and a career FG% of just 43.8% as a PF/C.

Cool...Calderon is better than our backups. Sounds fantastic. Not worth it.

I compared skillsets...not overall players. That would be asinine.

Dirk is a shooter who rarely shoots over 50% (only twice in his career)...does that mean he's not a great shooter? No. It means most of his shots come from the perimeter...same as Bargs...why would you even consider that to be relevant? Did you really expect a stretch 4 to shoot >50% from the field? NO.

Bargs is an underrated passer. That DEFINITELY comes from the eye test.
Bargs is a MUCH more aggressive scorer than Pau. MUCH as in Kobe compared to Duhon MUCH more.
Bargs is a MUCH better outside shooter than Pau.
Bargs is a MUCH cheaper PF/C than Pau.
Bargs is a MUCH better fit offensively than Pau.

I called this back in August. We are going to run into the same problems we had with Bynum and Pau in the post if we don't move on of them out. Dwight and Pau can not co-exist efficiently because they seek to occupy the same space.

Bring in Bargs and we solve that problem. He's not going to rebound well playing on the perimeter...to expect him to would be asinine.
He's not going to be a lock-down defender but neither is Pau for 2x the money...

Arguing against this trade does not compute. It's not a "wow" thing but it will be a trade that creates a "greater than the sum of it's parts" effect.

#1964 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Wait...I have a bias against Andrea Bargnani? What bias?

:facepalm:

I clearly stated why I don't want him here.

1) He doesn't know how to post up...at all. If he's not launching long jumpers, he's not doing anything.
2) He doesn't know how to pass. You say he's a better passer than Dirk? I say he doesn't know how to pass, period.
3) He's not a good defender. You can tell me how much better he is than Gasol and Dirk (whatever your argument is), but even if a basketball god dropped from the sky and said you were correct, being better than those two doesn't make him good.

Now, where's the bias? I've stated all of this over and over again.

We land a good stretch four? No, we're landing a bench player.

Antawn Jamison's numbers from last season (similar role as Bargs):

17.2 PPG on 40.3% FG, 34.1% 3PT, 6.3 RPG, 2.0 APG

Andrea Bargnani's numbers from this season:

16.8 PPG on 39.5% FG, 32.1% 3PT, 4.6 RPG, 1.5 APG

Why not just start Jamison, play Jordan Hill behind him, and go trade Gasol for a three? Bargnani does nothing better than Antawn Jamison.

Makes little sense to get him...but we can go ahead and line our team with defensively-inept players that rely solely on superstars to get them their points, who can't rebound worth [expletive] and still struggle shooting the ball even when open.

#1965 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:06 PM

As long as Brian Colangelo is running the Raptors, Bargnani isn't going anywhere. They could've had Iggy or Rudy Gay but he wouldn't pull the trigger with Bargs.

Edited by KobeBeef24, December 06, 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#1966 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:09 PM

I called this back in August. We are going to run into the same problems we had with Bynum and Pau in the post if we don't move on of them out. Dwight and Pau can not co-exist efficiently because they seek to occupy the same space.

Pau does not seek to score in the low post enough. He won't even do it when Dwight is on the bench. Does your eye test prove otherwise? You're not watching the same game.

When he does try, he can't. He tosses up horrible shots. He screens, goes to establish position after looking for a pass, and then he backs his man down and either goes up soft, or passes it back out.

Saying that Dwight and Gasol can't co-exist, in an offense that allows one player to play in the high post and the other to operate down low, back to the basket OR face up...doesn't make sense. Was this an issue back in 2010, when the Lakers made it to the NBA Finals with Bynum and Gasol after winning 57 regular season games? Bynum actually takes up more space than Howard does down low.

But, no...don't listen to me. Go watch Coach Nick's video. He's supposedly a legend, anyway.

Funny that he does cite Kobe giving up on defense once, but looking at the video, that's the only time. And what do you see when watching Gasol in those clips? He's missing shots, or being hesitant...even when Howard isn't in there.

To say that two big men, who occupy the post, can't play together...when one can actually knock down 16-footers better than he can any other shot he takes (by the percentages, although you don't believe in that, for some reason)...you should just tell us that no twin tower duo can work. There are two spaces to occupy, near the rim, for a reason...and we have two other players in our five that are restricted to shooting, so Gasol has enough room to play 1-18 feet from the rim, which he should be capable of doing.

Nobody is in here saying we shouldn't trade Gasol, unless they just like the guy. Nobody is saying he's doing good. You're suggesting we bring in a Jamison clone, and a PG that doesn't play defense and can't do anything on his own (because he's not a scoring threat), and that makes little sense to me.

#1967 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:17 PM

give us DeRoZan -__-

#1968 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:21 PM

give us DeRoZan -__-

Heck, I'll take Terrence Ross if we can't have DeMar haha

#1969 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:21 PM

Is Pau Gasol still a Laker?

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#1970 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:38 PM

Pau does not seek to score in the low post enough. He won't even do it when Dwight is on the bench. Does your eye test prove otherwise? You're not watching the same game.

When he does try, he can't. He tosses up horrible shots. He screens, goes to establish position after looking for a pass, and then he backs his man down and either goes up soft, or passes it back out.

Saying that Dwight and Gasol can't co-exist, in an offense that allows one player to play in the high post and the other to operate down low, back to the basket OR face up...doesn't make sense. Was this an issue back in 2010, when the Lakers made it to the NBA Finals with Bynum and Gasol after winning 57 regular season games? Bynum actually takes up more space than Howard does down low.

But, no...don't listen to me. Go watch Coach Nick's video. He's supposedly a legend, anyway.

Funny that he does cite Kobe giving up on defense once, but looking at the video, that's the only time. And what do you see when watching Gasol in those clips? He's missing shots, or being hesitant...even when Howard isn't in there.

To say that two big men, who occupy the post, can't play together...when one can actually knock down 16-footers better than he can any other shot he takes (by the percentages, although you don't believe in that, for some reason)...you should just tell us that no twin tower duo can work. There are two spaces to occupy, near the rim, for a reason...and we have two other players in our five that are restricted to shooting, so Gasol has enough room to play 1-18 feet from the rim, which he should be capable of doing.

Nobody is in here saying we shouldn't trade Gasol, unless they just like the guy. Nobody is saying he's doing good. You're suggesting we bring in a Jamison clone, and a PG that doesn't play defense and can't do anything on his own (because he's not a scoring threat), and that makes little sense to me.

I will add to that.

On youtube someone said this So that should be that.

Edited by Majesty, December 06, 2012 - 12:39 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1971 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Is Pau Gasol still a Laker?

Yes and he will be for the near future. The Lakers aren't gonna trade him until they see how he plays with Nash.
htCCl0m.png

#1972 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:42 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=anf5x26

If that was indeed Minnesota's offer, we would need to find a 3rd team. Also Minnesota needs to give up more to make the trade work. Here is what I came up with for a 3way trade with Atlanta. Salaries match, check the link above.

LAL gets:
F Josh Smith
G JJ Barea
G Anthony Morrow

ATL gets:
C Nik Pekovic
F Derrick Williams
F Earl Clark
G Luke Ridnour

MIN gets:
F/C Pau Gasol
F Mike Scott
G Darius Morris
G Chris Duhon

Why does every team do this?
LAL: Get's some youth and athleticism, and strengthens the bench. Josh Smith, Jamison, and MWP would rotate between the 3 & 4 with the starters as well as playing some bench minutes. A combo of Barea, Meeks, and Morrow off the bench at G would bring us a ton of athleticism to play some run and gun for D'Antoni. Think of a lineup of Barea, Meeks, Morrow, Smith, and Howard. That's really athletic and fast, would be fun to watch.

ATL: They know that Josh Smith is leaving after this year, and they seem to be headed for a youth movement. Pekovic is only 26 and is exactly the big bodied Center they would like to have so that they can move Horford to PF where he excels. Williams is a young guy who is oozing with potential and doesn't have a high salary. He fills in for the role that Marvin Williams played and never succeeded at. A lineup of Teague/Harris/Williams/Horford/Pekovic isn't terrible and is very young. Taking on Ridnour and Clark is the cost of this trade,
but Clark is a small expiring, and Ridnour has been playing well and becomes an expiring contract next year.

MIN: The Wolves finally get Gasol who they have been interested in for a few years now. They have to trade away their top 2 PGs at this time, but they get back Duhon and Morris to help out now, and they eventually get back Rubio from injury. Love and Gasol fit great together. They can both pass and rebound well, and Gasol moves back into the low post where he excels where Love can space the floor with his great shooting. Once Rubio gets back you have a trio of players who all can score, pass, and have a high basketball IQ. Throw in AK47 who is playing very well and you have a nice starting lineup. Maybe somewhere in this trade, MIN ends up with another SG from ATL instead of Duhon who knows.

Lakers new lineup:
Nash/Barea/Blake
Kobe/Meeks/Morrow
MWP/Morrow/Smith
Jamison/Smith
D12/Hill/Sacre
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#1973 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't know where you think you've gone with this. Pau's best days as a Laker were in the low post with LO on the perimeter. That's the only blueprint we have for getting the most out of Pau. If he's not doing that, he's worthless to us...which is my point...which is why he needs to be traded. Could that change with Nash? Sure...but not likely.

How many games did Bynum and Pau play in the post together in the last Ch'ip run? Not many because Bynum was recovering from injury most of the year, LO started at PF and Pau started at C.

Why did I say Pau and Dwight weren't going to co-exist? Did you really just try to extrapolate that out to the generalization that "Twin Towers can't be successful"? REALLY?

That's stupid. I have NEVER said that nor would I.

I said Pau would have a hard time playing with Dwight because Bynum and Dwight occupy and need about the same space and Pau had a LOT of trouble adjusting to Bynum's emergence as the #1 post option.

There was PRECEDENCE set that lent credence to the belief that Pau and another dominant post player would NOT co-exist.

I'm tired of correcting your "assumptions".

AND? Was that supposed to prove something? All it did was re-affirm my statements. Kobe's playing lazy. Kobe's out of position. Kobe's not trying.

And? You're preaching to the choir. I believe that if Gasol was just more aggressive, he could do well with Dwight on the floor. Pau's problems are mental, not physical. He has the tools. He's not using them and we have enough evidence to believe that he's just not comfortable being the 2nd option in the post and he does not want to adjust to the offense. Nothing we can do about that but move on.

I have NEVER said Twin Towers can't work. I have ONLY said that Pau and Bynum in the post didn't work and Pau and Dwight probably won't work either...for the same reasons. Pau likes to occupy the space Dwight HAS to play in. Pau can play at the high post but Dwight can't. Pau has shown that he struggles that far away from the block.

Does that mean that I believe two 7fters can't play together? No. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I'm not suggesting we bring in a Jamison clone for the sake of bringing one in. I'm saying that it will be a better fit for the offense, cost half the amount of Gasol and net us a good backup PG who also fits the offense and would only be on the books until this summer.

As for Majesty, you have taken Coach Nick's statement out of context. Noone is saying Bargs is an upgrade from Pau. I think the consensus is that a floor spacer fits better offensively than a player that occupies so much paint property in the MDA Offense. Dwight would have an easier job scoring in a 4-out, which is what Real Deal has said numerous times but when I suggest a player that fits that role to a T, he's against it?

Coach Nick said it's not an upgrade...true. Pau is more talented than Anderson and Bargs. Neither make nearly as much as Pau though so it's not like we are expecting them to be better players...just better for this team and it's offense.

We don't need 3 players making 20M or more...especially when one of them is struggling to adapt to the offense. Why this isn't common sense for most is mind boggling to me.

#1974 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,360 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:10 PM

*Sigh*

Some of you just don't get it.

#1975 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,445 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:15 PM

Josh Smith would never come off the bench.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#1976 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:22 PM

Wait...I have a bias against Andrea Bargnani? What bias?

:facepalm:

I clearly stated why I don't want him here.

1) He doesn't know how to post up...at all. If he's not launching long jumpers, he's not doing anything.
2) He doesn't know how to pass. You say he's a better passer than Dirk? I say he doesn't know how to pass, period.
3) He's not a good defender. You can tell me how much better he is than Gasol and Dirk (whatever your argument is), but even if a basketball god dropped from the sky and said you were correct, being better than those two doesn't make him good.

Now, where's the bias? I've stated all of this over and over again.

We land a good stretch four? No, we're landing a bench player.

Antawn Jamison's numbers from last season (similar role as Bargs):

17.2 PPG on 40.3% FG, 34.1% 3PT, 6.3 RPG, 2.0 APG

Andrea Bargnani's numbers from this season:

16.8 PPG on 39.5% FG, 32.1% 3PT, 4.6 RPG, 1.5 APG

Why not just start Jamison, play Jordan Hill behind him, and go trade Gasol for a three? Bargnani does nothing better than Antawn Jamison.

Makes little sense to get him...but we can go ahead and line our team with defensively-inept players that rely solely on superstars to get them their points, who can't rebound worth [expletive] and still struggle shooting the ball even when open.

Only reason I'd go younger than Jamison is because of the system we have in place. 10M for a stretch 4 is market value. Jamison would have gotten no less than MLE if he wanted it but he CHOSE to take less to play for a Ring...

Keep talking about Bargs defense like Ryan Anderson is a DPOY candidate...that should tell you that your wants and wishes matter little to the Lakers and what they want. They want a stretch 4...defense is not high on their list.

If they could have Smith, they would go after him...but they can't.

Pau makes a lot of money. There aren't a lot of trades that work financially. And there aren't many players that make that much that are both more talented than Pau and on the block. Most years, there's at least 4 teams under the cap that facilitate trades like this one, landing a good player or picks in return. This year, there isn't.

I'm not arguing offense vs Defense. That would be dumb. I'm arguing offensive upgrade vs a player who doesn't want to adapt. I'm arguing that a talent downgrade may HELP this team because of the needs it fills offensively.

Fit vs Overall Skills.

Only teams on the cusp of greatness can make moves like this.

And I can easily argue that Pau's knees will NEVER allow him to play well defensively again...tendonitis does not go away over night and is rarely ever cured. Bargs for Pau may turn out being BETTER for the team over the long run.

Edited by GCMD, December 06, 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#1977 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:25 PM

And yes Real...you are biased against Bargs. Admitting that goes a long way towards civil conversation...

And BTW, what's your solution Real? Give me a realistic trade that makes more sense offensively.

Edited by GCMD, December 06, 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#1978 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:40 PM

How many games did Bynum and Pau play in the post together in the last Ch'ip run? Not many because Bynum was recovering from injury most of the year, LO started at PF and Pau started at C.

65 regular season games, and 23 playoff games that season.

Why did I say Pau and Dwight weren't going to co-exist? Did you really just try to extrapolate that out to the generalization that "Twin Towers can't be successful"? REALLY?

That's stupid. I have NEVER said that nor would I.

I said Pau would have a hard time playing with Dwight because Bynum and Dwight occupy and need about the same space and Pau had a LOT of trouble adjusting to Bynum's emergence as the #1 post option.

There was PRECEDENCE set that lent credence to the belief that Pau and another dominant post player would NOT co-exist.

I'm tired of correcting your "assumptions".

Ugh. It amazes me how many people read one sentence of a post.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SAY that a low post player, and a high post player, can't co-exist...THAN you might as well say that a duo of any two big men can't work unless one is strictly a three-point shooter.

My exact words were "you should just tell us" unless I'm having trouble reading my post. Never did I say that you posted it.

AND? Was that supposed to prove something? All it did was re-affirm my statements. Kobe's playing lazy. Kobe's out of position. Kobe's not trying.

The video was posted to show you how Gasol was playing, actually, but I'm assuming (although I better not do that!) that you just didn't care. I can't give you his FG% near the rim (and tell you how bad it is) because you don't like stats, and I can't show you video of him being reluctant to do anything OR missing shots close to the rim because...maybe it's a bad thing for you?

And? You're preaching to the choir. I believe that if Gasol was just more aggressive, he could do well with Dwight on the floor. Pau's problems are mental, not physical. He has the tools. He's not using them and we have enough evidence to believe that he's just not comfortable being the 2nd option in the post and he does not want to adjust to the offense. Nothing we can do about that but move on.

Ah, so him and Dwight CAN co-exist, but Gasol just doesn't want to.

Sounds to me like Gasol wants to play center, get really physical, and bust ass down low like Shaq Diesel.

Newsflash: he doesn't do it by himself, with Dwight on the bench. He doesn't want to play like a true seven-footer. I used my "eye test" on this...I see him leaking back out and letting others post up (like Jordan Hill).

Doesn't sound like Gasol can play with any non-shooting big man. Kind of odd that he was able to play so well with his own brother, though, who occupied that space down low for Spain every year they've been on the same court together.

I'm not suggesting we bring in a Jamison clone for the sake of bringing one in. I'm saying that it will be a better fit for the offense, cost half the amount of Gasol and net us a good backup PG who also fits the offense and would only be on the books until this summer.

Genius idea, financially, because Bargnani will be making $12 million for us in 2014-15.

Dwight ($20 mill)
Kobe (probably $10-15 mill)
Nash ($10 mill)
Bargnani ($12 mill)

Looks like we have just enough money to make us players for a big-time free agent like John Lucas or Aaron Gray. Can't wait to see that.

#1979 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:43 PM

Would other teams wants Pau now that he got knee issue?

I'm pretty sure he'll get better with rest & treatment....I don't know what you guys think but trading Pau to fit MD system is bigger risk than it appear to be....will MD system even work? If lakers keep loosing, then what? Fire MD....Pau traded...Pau is a great big man & great passer...People just don't give him credit...guys got knee problem and can't jump but he's still playing hurt.

Edited by Estate, December 06, 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#1980 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 01:44 PM

And yes Real...you are biased against Bargs. Admitting that goes a long way towards civil conversation...

Where is the bias? For what reason?

Is it because he's a Euro? I've always liked Dirk (when he was in his prime).

It's because he's...uh, a Raptor? I like Ed Davis, a lot.

Maybe his face? Rondo sure is ugly, but I'd want him here in a heartbeat.

Could be his name? It's really hard to pronounce, but I did win five-consecutive spelling bees from the 4th-8th grade, so that's not too much of a problem for me.

Ah...is this kind of like the stats thing? You just kinda throw it out there, shake your head up and down, and walk off without concrete proof of it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)