9329 replies to this topic

#1901 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:22 PM

LOL@ People thinking Pau for Bargani and Calderon is a bad trade.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#1902 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:28 PM

If that happened, we would surely part ways with some of our PGs

#1903 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:32 PM

It is. They are terrible on defense and thats our problem.

#1904 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Just because the Raptors are seen as the team that will acquire Gasol, doesn't necessarily mean we'll take back their players.

Bargnani could be valuable to another team in a three team trade.

#1905 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just because the Raptors are seen as the team that will acquire Gasol, doesn't necessarily mean we'll take back their players.

Bargnani could be valuable to another team in a three team trade.

Hawks!

#1906 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Heres hoping Pau has a miriculous recovery, and ups the ante since even he knows it isn't working, Nash is needed to remain and still time to gel together isn't there with the west so competitive.

#1907 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:18 PM

While I do hope Pau gets better from this "rest" to get his knees all good. I still believe we should trade him even if he plays well. SELL THAT STOCK HIGH, because its going to dip soon again.
Laker fan for life.

#1908 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Calderon/Bargs is the easiest trade to make for Pau. Fills needs and works financially.

Sorry but it's one of the only realistic trade I see without insider knowledge of who's on the block around the league....

#1909 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:46 PM

Problem with the raptor trade is that Both players are bad on both side really. Yes Bargnani score 17 a gam but his FG% is worst than paus and his D sucks anyway. Jose has a great 3 point% though but defense sucks. Really this is a trade pau for the sake of trading him. It could help but then again it could be disastrous

#1910 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:19 PM

i just checked the stats and gasol and ron artest have the same FG/FGA

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#1911 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:23 PM

i just checked the stats and gasol and ron artest have the same FG/FGA

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

And Artest is scoring more :D

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1912 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:27 PM

Problem with the raptor trade is that Both players are bad on both side really. Yes Bargnani score 17 a gam but his FG% is worst than paus and his D sucks anyway. Jose has a great 3 point% though but defense sucks. Really this is a trade pau for the sake of trading him. It could help but then again it could be disastrous

Bargnani is a better FIT in D'Antonis offense, than Pau. And he can shoot 3s. Calderon is also an awesome fit in a D'Antoni system.
This should be a no-brainer, if Pau doesn't work out once Nash gets back.

#1913 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Bargnani is a better FIT in D'Antonis offense, than Pau. And he can shoot 3s. Calderon is also an awesome fit in a D'Antoni system.
This should be a no-brainer, if Pau doesn't work out once Nash gets back.

Oh dont get me wrong I could see this working very well I'm just saying theres also a decent chance of nothing changing and bargnani is just like pau. The whole he fits better holds some ground but if a player just cant score then he's no help.

Really if this is presented it would be smart to take. It would give us a legit pg to back up nash while not not really increasing payroll. We could buyout duhon or blake(keep morris for youth and small contract) . This also gets us a scorer.

Now an interesting question would be is jaminson starting if Bargnani is here or vise versa.

#1914 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:51 PM

And Artest is scoring more :D

And in MWP's defense he shoots a lot of 3's which hurt his percentage. A 7 foot starter should never had worse stats then a player who shoots on average 6 3's a game.

#1915 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

LOL @ thinking it's not a bad trade. Bargani and Calderon are arguably the two worst defenders at their respective positions in the league. The Lakers main issue is defense. Offensively they're fine.
htCCl0m.png

#1916 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

It could be good and it could be bad. Those are great players, but neither have post season experience. It may take some time...

#1917 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:55 PM

Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change.

Though these reports are usually bull because what GM would actually come out and say he's interested.

#1918 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:57 PM

Oh dont get me wrong I could see this working very well I'm just saying theres also a decent chance of nothing changing and bargnani is just like pau. The whole he fits better holds some ground but if a player just cant score then he's no help.

Really if this is presented it would be smart to take. It would give us a legit pg to back up nash while not not really increasing payroll. We could buyout duhon or blake(keep morris for youth and small contract) . This also gets us a scorer.

Now an interesting question would be is jaminson starting if Bargnani is here or vise versa.

I'm not sure who would start. Probably Bargnani who is younger, but it wouldn't really matter too much i think.
It all depends on how Pau play with Nash. If Pau play well with Nash we may be able to sign Calderon as FA this summer using the vets minimum and keep Pau. Duhon and Morris can be adequete as back-ups this season.

#1919 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,849 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:00 AM

LOL @ thinking it's not a bad trade. Bargani and Calderon are arguably the two worst defenders at their respective positions in the league. The Lakers main issue is defense. Offensively they're fine.

Yea but it would help our offense but really just keep defense the same. I dont think anyone can play defense any worse that what gasol is these days.

Also we really need a back up pg and even though Jose is pretty bad on defense it s not like any of the pg's right now are stelar at it now.

This is not a trade to help our team immensely but really to just help a little. Really I think getting rid of pau will get this team playing much better.

Not like theres really any better trades out there also

#1920 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 12:02 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers, largely at the behest of general manager Mitch Kupchak, have rebuffed trade inquiries from at least two teams for Pau Gasol, according to sources with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking.

The Toronto Raptors and Minnesota Timberwolves have both recently tried to engage the Lakers in trade discussions for Gasol, sources told ESPN.com, but the Lakers continue to tell teams that call that they will not consider dealing the Spaniard until L.A. can fully assess its roster after the return of injured point guard Steve Nash.

Trade speculation involving Gasol nonetheless shows little sign of abating, even as the 32-year-old is being held out of the lineup to combat a worsening bout with knee tendinitis. That's likely because, as part of an ESPNLosAngeles.com story Tuesday that Gasol has not been shelved because a deal is imminent, ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin also reported, according to sources, that Kupchak has advised Gasol's representatives the Lakers will have no choice but to start exploring possible trade scenarios if the former All-Star is unable to eventually adjust to D'Antoni's system.

Sources said Wednesday that, along with the strong support that Gasol continues to get publicly and behind Lakers doors from star guard Kobe Bryant, Kupchak has been adamant that L.A. should wait until Nash's return before making any further judgments about how the team's parts mesh. D'Antoni took the job Nov. 11, knowing he wouldn't have the benefit of training camp, when the Lakers made the third-fastest coaching change in NBA history by firing Mike Brown five games into the season.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)