9329 replies to this topic

#1881 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,828 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Ric Bucher doesn't qualify as source material.

#1882 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nash Was Promised Lakers Wouldn't Trade Gasol

Dec 05, 2012 3:14 PM EST

Posted Image

When Steve Nash signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, a source says he was promised that Pau Gasol would not be traded.
Nash was also considering offers from the Raptors and Knicks.
When Nash returns and plays with Gasol, the Lakers could conceivably ask him to reconsider.
Nash signed with the Lakers prior to their acquisition of Dwight Howard.
With Gasol struggling, his name has surfaced in trade speculation.
Via Ric Bucher/Comcast

why would they need to promise Nash that? why would Nash care so much about what they do with Gasol??? I don't get it....

#1883 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 05, 2012 - 03:30 PM

me either..
probably because of the pick and roll with pau in the zone?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1884 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,280 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:41 PM

Legion Sports@MySportsLegion

The Raptors are the favorites to acquire Pau Gasol if the Lakers trade him. Andrea Bargnani & Jose Calderon could be sent to LA (CBSSports)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#1885 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,874 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:45 PM

^
Please NO.
Impossible is nothing.

#1886 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,625 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:50 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

HELL NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1887 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,625 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:51 PM

I mean WTF ?

Then we got : Nash - Calderon - Blake - Morris - Duhon

your kidding me right? :D

#1888 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:51 PM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

:facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#1889 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,722 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Include Derozan and you got a deal...

#1890 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:55 PM

BARGNANI and CALDERON!!!!?? DREAM COME TRUE! ive never seen Bargs play but he hits 3s and ill make my own judgment on how bad he is on D and the glass(dwight will be 100% im not worried) . calderon to lead the bench and give nash rest!!! calderon is a big baller he can play with nash and kobe!
nash
calderon
kobe
bargs
dwight

this lineup will be together occasionally, woo! our 2nd units gunna be goooood! so yall haters can shut up!

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#1891 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 05, 2012 - 05:33 PM

the general consensus is that jose is a very bad defender but whatever...anything to get rid of pau

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1892 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Where did I go wrong. :whistle:

LOL

#1893 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:12 PM

NO chance of getting Ryan Anderson, guys a baller. No idea why NO would trade him lol.
Laker fan for life.

#1894 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:35 PM

uhhh i'm kinda worried about that trade. I don't know how Bargnani would play next to stars, I'm not really worried about his offense game it's pretty good nice 3's, mid range, pick n roll/pick n pop, can drive to the basket well for a 7'0, he can move well for 7'0 too. but has terrible defense as pau, doesnt look to get rebounds, he can go cold at any time.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 05, 2012 - 07:37 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#1895 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:41 PM

uhhh i'm kinda worried about that trade. I don't know how Bargnani would play next to stars, I'm not really worried about his offense game it's pretty good nice 3's, mid range, pick n roll/pick n pop, can drive to the basket well for a 7'0, he can move well for 7'0 too. but has terrible defense as pau, doesnt look to get rebounds, he can go cold at any time.

Any player can go cold at anytime.

But I understand the concerns but again, as I've said plenty of times, fans are going to be unhappy one way or the other if we trade Pau. Bargnani is offensive, no defensive. As is Anderson. If we get Smith, he's defensive, no offense game in terms of spacing the floor.

#1896 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,746 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:43 PM

:facepalm:

Wtf.....its a bad trade. We would be that much worse on defense. No thanks

#1897 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,465 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Any player can go cold at anytime.

But I understand the concerns but again, as I've said plenty of times, fans are going to be unhappy one way or the other if we trade Pau. Bargnani is offensive, no defensive. As is Anderson. If we get Smith, he's defensive, no offense game in terms of spacing the floor.

yeah but barg can be inconsistent plus he can't do anything on the other end basically just being out on the floor for nothing. Anderson can get rebounds 10x better than barg. You guys really are underrating smith's offense game too, he's not bad at it and he is not great at it, but that doesn't mean he has no offense game, He's pretty good at it. He can get his points from fastbreaks (when he blocks a shot or just a to), pick n roll/pick n pop, face up, back down, put backs. He can space the floor that is his playing style, he's been playing that way since he got into the game, he'll be way more comfortable in this playing style than pau was, and possibly do better since he is an actual face up floor spacer.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 05, 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#1898 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:06 PM

yeah but barg can be inconsistent plus he can't do anything on the other end basically just being out on the floor for nothing. Anderson can get rebounds 10x better than barg. You guys really are underrating smith's offense game too, he's not bad at it and he is not great at it, but that doesn't mean he has no offense game, He's pretty good at it. He can space the floor that is his playing style, he's been playing that way since he got into the game, he'll be way more comfortable in this playing style than pau was, and possibly do better since he is an actual face up floor spacer.

Smith can't take jumpshots. That's not even debatable. Gasol is far more consistent than Smith will ever be taking jumpshots.

But i'd personally want Smith for defensive purposes. We can score, that's not an issue. Defense will win us games in the playoffs. Dwight and Smith is beastly on defense.

#1899 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Cuz nash and blake are such good defenders right lol.

#1900 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,465 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Smith can't take jumpshots. That's not even debatable. Gasol is far more consistent than Smith will ever be taking jumpshots.

But i'd personally want Smith for defensive purposes. We can score, that's not an issue. Defense will win us games in the playoffs. Dwight and Smith is beastly on defense.

I never said smith was more consistent than Gasol, pau is the way better scorer than Smith but from the mid range and just basing it off of jump shooting idk they might be even but pau is playing to his weakness, he is not a knock down jump shooter, way more productive and consistent in the paint, if he was a good jump shooter he'll damn sure be knocking down those open shots that is why they leave him open at the mid a lot often, if he makes he makes but he misses more than he makes they're willing to gamble because he is playing to his weakness, they know he is far more consistent productive in the paint and if that means him taking open jumpers than him not coming in the paint then they're going to leave him open and they know he is going to keep shooting it which plays in favor of the opponents team.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 05, 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)