Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#1861 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,368 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:19 PM

if only there was a healthy danny granger. not a lot of SFs out there. not a lot at all
Posted Image

#1862 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:25 PM

if only there was a healthy danny granger. not a lot of SFs out there. not a lot at all

oooh i want him, no homo.

LAL get - granger, augistine

IND gets - Pau , backup pg from 3rd team :
(the pacers would want to trade West cuz hes gunna be a FA, might as well get some value)

3rd team gets - David West , steve blake : (this team would downgrade some at backup pg, but improve their team alot)

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 04, 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#1863 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:32 PM

if Hill could consitently hit the mid range J, he'd be better for our team than pau. im not saying he's a better player(pau's un-used post game) but , i think we should trade pau for some wing players

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 04, 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#1864 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 04, 2012 - 11:34 PM

if only we got iguadola with the dwight trade.... :whistle:

#1865 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,204 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:15 AM

if Hill could consitently hit the mid range J, he'd be better for our team than pau. im not saying he's a better player(pau's un-used post game) but , i think we should trade pau for some wing players

I think if Hill plays well while Gasol is out alongside Clark especially it will make D'antoni go to it more.

I mean heck if he can put a 4 in Clark in there that can hit a midrange shot AS WELL as help defend off pick and rolls like he did tonight, that alongside Hill's defense and rebounding and Gasol will be the one that's a "victim of the system" instead.

So I hope with all my heart that Hill and Clark continue to work well together and become the defensive and rebounding duo of our bench unit. If that happens then it will help the team a LOT. Honestly it was VERY hard for the Rockets to score on the inside with those two. Let's not forget that Clark learned a lot of what he does defensively from Dwight Howard and it's evident the way he switches off screens and goes after Blocks, and Hill is just your hustle guy. and they work off each other EXTREMELY well, the penetration was either stopped by Clark or by Hill in one way or the other and it was great to watch!!!

Clark obviously works better as the wingspan defender we've been trying to make Ebanks and if that mid range jumper gets consistent and he gains confidence in his get to the basket moves, him alongside Hill alone would solve a LOT of defensive problems with our bench while giving us TWO maintenance men. I WANT to see more of this duo on the court!!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1866 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,514 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:35 AM

Where did I go wrong. :whistle:

Edited by Chad, December 05, 2012 - 01:36 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#1867 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,859 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'm not sure how much the pacers want to trade granger now that he's gone and his replacement (Paul George) isn't doing too well (he's shooting something like 38% or something)

I would LOVE to have him tho!

2div

#1868 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:43 AM

I'm not sure how much the pacers want to trade granger now that he's gone and his replacement (Paul George) isn't doing too well (he's shooting something like 38% or something)

I would LOVE to have him tho!

damn, i aint know that,,, i did know paul george was overrated tho... paul george and gerald green shoulddd be able to be a good 2/3 combo

EDIT: hey, good for us, paul george actually showed his potential tonight(rare thing,imo) he just put up 34 vs Chitown

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 05, 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#1869 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:15 AM

pau for jordan crawford and ariza , id do it an a heartbeat,,,,crawford is a small name with HUGE game... the salaries wouldnt add up tho unless we added Okafor to the deal(deal-breaker?)

#1870 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,859 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:20 AM

I would still want a PF in exchange, just for the depth.

A pacers trade would be really nice now that I'm thinking about it. I'd be down for psycho t, serviceable all hustle role player along with batman.

Good post whoever brought granger up!! Crossing my fingers he'd still be on the block!

2div

#1871 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 02:26 AM

I would still want a PF in exchange, just for the depth.

A pacers trade would be really nice now that I'm thinking about it. I'd be down for psycho t, serviceable all hustle role player along with batman.

Good post whoever brought granger up!! Crossing my fingers he'd still be on the block!

oooh i want him, no homo.

LAL get - granger, augistine

IND gets - Pau , backup pg from 3rd team :
(the pacers would want to trade West cuz hes gunna be a FA, might as well get some value)

3rd team gets - David West , steve blake : (this team would downgrade some at backup pg, but improve their team alot)

hey, in this above trade , the 3rd team could give us a power forward ,most likely theyd have an extra one if they took in David West. im down for Physco T,too ,but idk if theyd give us phyco T,augistine,and granger. (i really want augistine)(i think we need some wings to lead our 2nd unit)

#1872 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,831 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Trading with Boston is not an option for obvious reasons, but a Gasol for Jeff Green and Courtney Lee would actually work for both parties.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, December 05, 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#1873 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 05, 2012 - 08:50 AM

Just saw this on ESPN Insider and passing it on. Nothing we don't really already know.

The Los Angeles Lakers will need to shop Pau Gasol if he can't adapt to Mike D'Antoni's system and the player who reportedly tops their wish list is New Orleans power forward Ryan Anderson, according to Jabari Davis of Sheridanhoops.com.
Most teams would like to get Anderson, however the Hornets have no desire to trade the sweet-shooting power forward, especially since they have no idea when rookie Anthony Davis will return from his ankle injury.
Anderson was acquired via a sign-and-trade during the offseason and he can't be traded, if New Orleans is willing to move him, until Dec. 15.
Trading Gasol is difficult as he he's on the books for over $38 million through 2013-14.
New Orleans doesn't want Gasol, so the Lakers need to find a third-team which would satisfy the Hornets demands. The Bulls have been mentioned, however they need to move Carlos Boozer, but no teams want him.

Source: http://insider.espn....features/rumors

#1874 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,831 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yup. I saw that too. It seems there actually might be a slight possibility that a Ryan Anderson deal might get done with Chicago as the third team. IMO this is about as close to a pipe dream as we can get

This is how it's supposed to go...
Lakers get: Ryan Anderson - fillers
New Orleans get: Future 1st, Taj Gibson - fillers
Chicago get: Pau Gasol

#1875 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:24 AM

not even new orleans wants gasol lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1876 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,316 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:32 AM

Lol poor pau and boozer.

#1877 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:54 AM

Trading with Boston is not an option for obvious reasons, but a Gasol for Jeff Green and Courtney Lee would actually work for both parties.

Have the Lakers EVER traded with Boston in the history of the NBA?

Hate to go off topic but when I started mycareer in 2K the stupid Celtics drafted me,
then I was traded for Morris to the Lakers.

I laughed my ass off because that is so fake.

#1878 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,316 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:38 PM

Nash Was Promised Lakers Wouldn't Trade Gasol

Dec 05, 2012 3:14 PM EST

Posted Image

When Steve Nash signed with the Los Angeles Lakers, a source says he was promised that Pau Gasol would not be traded.
Nash was also considering offers from the Raptors and Knicks.
When Nash returns and plays with Gasol, the Lakers could conceivably ask him to reconsider.
Nash signed with the Lakers prior to their acquisition of Dwight Howard.
With Gasol struggling, his name has surfaced in trade speculation.

Via Ric Bucher/Comcast

#1879 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:44 PM

not even new orleans wants gasol lol

Of course not. Even if other teams believe he'll return to form, why would a rebuilding team want him at his age?

That's the problem with most of the trade ideas in this topic. They don't keep in mind the type of teams that might want him, which are win-now teams.

Edited by Japago, December 05, 2012 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

#1880 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,764 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:28 PM

We need a defensive Pf or Sf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

2 user(s) are reading this topic