#121 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 04, 2012 - 01:02 PM

Loyalty is for fans.

If it makes sense to trade Kobe, the Lakers should do that too.

Blasphemy

#122 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 04, 2012 - 01:08 PM

Loyalty is for fans.

If it makes sense to trade Kobe, the Lakers should do that too.

NEVER

That gives the franchise a bad name and would keep HOF players away from the lakers.

#123 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 04, 2012 - 02:14 PM

Don't be so ungrateful for a player that helped contribute to 3 finals appearances and 2 championships

That doesn't have [expletive] to do with how much of a [expletive] he's become.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#124 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 04, 2012 - 03:00 PM

Since when does gratefulness factor into trade discussion? That is only reserved for franchise players who have contributed to a team for much of their career (like Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, etc.) Fisher made big shots for us on the way to 5 championships, should we have kept him out of gratefulness as well? He was great for us from '08-10 but he's been a shell of himself since then. That was more than 2 years ago. Being grateful to a player doesn't override their actual play on the floor, especially not when they are collecting a $20M check in the meantime.

He is our only tradeable asset at this point. If he can net us two solid players that push us closer to a championship, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. He's done too little in the postseason the last two years to give me any 2nd thoughts about it.

right, he is the only logical person to be traded to make the team better, were not gonna trade kobe and howard. and NOBODY in the league wants anything to do with the rest of our "TEAM". i don't think most of these people have seen smith play or something but, he is every bit as good as gasol at this point. he averaged 18.8 pts, 9.6 rebs, 3.9 ast, 1.4 stls and 1.7 blks last year. and he's just entering his prime. only nod you can give to gasol is that he is a better offensive player at this point. but smith is no scrub on o either, couple that with his defensive prowess and he is without a doubt a better all around player than gasol at this point.

#125 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,013 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 05, 2012 - 01:11 AM

if ur gunna trade Pau, you might as well trade Jamison and Meeks with him... all 3 players are under performing with us, teams know this.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#126 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 01:44 AM

Forget all the other factors in our losses, lets just blame Pau. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#127 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:39 AM

the league has changed, we've been getting owned by smaller units for the past couple of years. if gasol isn't gonna play like he's 7'1 250, what the point of having him?

You guys didn't have issues with our BIGS when they were averaging 20 rebounds per game and winning rings. Over the last two years it was actually everyone else who couldn't stay in front of their man defensively. You guys weren't saying the game changed when Pau and Bynum were saving us when Kobe went cold.. The truth is we lost very good athletes and let D-Fish stay around too long. We got SOME athletes back now. (not at the 1-2 or 3) But Pau is nowhere near our real problem. Pau will average 15 and 10, change shots, shoot 79 percent from the line, and he's the best passing big man in the leaugue. You need to worry about Metta, Blake, Meeks, Jamison and the fact that we have bad contracts that won't alow us to have REAL athletes in their prime long before blaming Pau. This year Pau will be used properly. Just give it some time

#128 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:42 AM

Give Pau a break.

#129 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:50 AM

right, he is the only logical person to be traded to make the team better, were not gonna trade kobe and howard. and NOBODY in the league wants anything to do with the rest of our "TEAM". i don't think most of these people have seen smith play or something but, he is every bit as good as gasol at this point. he averaged 18.8 pts, 9.6 rebs, 3.9 ast, 1.4 stls and 1.7 blks last year. and he's just entering his prime. only nod you can give to gasol is that he is a better offensive player at this point. but smith is no scrub on o either, couple that with his defensive prowess and he is without a doubt a better all around player than gasol at this point.

Come playoff time when everyone goes half court, SIZE WILL MATTER. Its up to the coaches to find a way to play Pau the right way. IMO everytime D12 is not on the court Pau should be. Pau is best when he starts in the post. Lets us not forget the reason we beat Orlando in the finals was because our length ans size bothered D12. Let's not forget that OKC's size and length helped keep them in all but one game against Miami in the finals. It's not about now, it's about the Playoffs. Miami and Boston can tell you that

#130 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:00 AM

What's the big deal ? He has been one of our best players so far and he's starting to develop chemistry with Dwight which is great and it's what we need.

So how exactly is Pau the one to blame ? Steve Nash and Metta are non existent so far. Not to mention our bench. The all great bench players Meeks and Jamison who many people said will make this bench one of the best in the NBA are not doing [expletive] right now. Meeks isn't even playing, and Jamison barely got a bucket or two in garbage time. Not to mention the thousands of turnovers the team made. But yeah Pau is the reason we lost 3 games to start the season :)

A lot of people are blinded by their hatred to Pau, which is undeserved most of the time in my opinion. He is a great fit for this team (always has been) and he's actually one of the people that plays the best in the Princeton so far. He is one of the best passing big man in the NBA if not the best and Dwight and will benefit a lot from that. If he wasn't a valuable piece to this team who would've been long gone. Mitch and Kobe see his importance for this team, but some of the people here don't ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#131 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,126 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:04 AM

If Pau stops over passing; stops allowing midget 4s & 5s to bullying him out of good low post position; stops making weak moves to the rim; & stops allowing guys to finish over & around him at the basket = than he will be ok in the long run. But I am curious as to why he has absolutely no explosion. he can barely jump now & thats very odd.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#132 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 587 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:31 AM

If Pau stops over passing; stops allowing midget 4s & 5s to bullying him out of good low post position; stops making weak moves to the rim; & stops allowing guys to finish over & around him at the basket = than he will be ok in the long run. But I am curious as to why he has absolutely no explosion. he can barely jump now & thats very odd.

this, and did any of you saying this is a gasol hate thread not read what i said. i like pau. i just think the same as the aboved quoted. he seems to have lost all of his quickness and explosion. add the to the fact that he let's any 4 blow by and or bully him in the post when defending.

#133 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:39 AM

People just seem to have selective amnesia when it comes to Pau Gasoft.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#134 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:46 AM

atleast pau is not bad as MWP and other bench player :shifty:

33bkfif.jpg

#135 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:20 PM

Trading a player doesn't have to be about blame, or hate. Sometimes you trade a player that you love, who is playing well, BECAUSE his value is high.

Look at it this way... has Pau earned Lifetime Laker status? In my opinion, no. That's rare air. So, if he hasn't earned Lifetime status, he's probably going to be traded at some point, or he's going to walk as a free agent. When do you trade him? When he's clearly past his prime, and still playing on a huge contract? Or when you can still get maximum value in return? It's a business, not a family.

If you have an opportunity to better the team ( which is debatable ), 'ship his ass out'.

#136 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:53 PM

I guess the point is that Gasol's numbers are points and rebounds wise are still strong plus the fact of his chemistry with Dwight already is good I don't see why we would trade him ...... we can't get a better passing big man than Gasol that get's his number of rebounds and points

I know Gasol hasn't played as dominate as he has before but he's still better than most unless we are getting a player who is out producing him on defense, offense, passing and rebounding then we should trade anything else would just hurt our team

#137 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:44 PM

People just seem to have selective amnesia when it comes to Pau Gasoft.

Yeah like forgetting how well he played defensively along with Bynum against Dwight in 09 and 18 rebounds (9 of them offensive) in a series clinching game 7 against Boston in '10.

2div

#138 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yeah like forgetting how well he played defensively along with Bynum against Dwight in 09 and 18 rebounds (9 of them offensive) in a series clinching game 7 against Boston in '10.

Right, like when he gets pwned by virtually every player he's supposed to defend?

don't get me started bruh

Edited by Windu, November 05, 2012 - 07:08 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#139 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 05, 2012 - 07:24 PM

The way u attack Pau makes it seem like he's the center of ALL our problems the past 2 years.

10-11 playoffs u can, dude played like a straight [expletive], but he wasn't the only one who didn't show up. Last years playoffs, the whole team was in shambles, Pau was probably the most in consistent force we had against OKC, even more so then Kobe (we're talking consistency, not the biggest factor).

And the only player I can think of who punks Pau who he's "supposed" to own is chuck Hayes. The majority of PFs in the L right now can bang with Pau. Timmy, Serge, Blake, Aldridge, Millsap/Al, Dirk, Scola, Love... and that's just the west.

2div

#140 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 05, 2012 - 07:34 PM

Last years playoffs, the whole team was in shambles, Pau was probably the most in consistent force we had against OKC, even more so then Kobe (we're talking consistency, not the biggest factor).

No. Pau averaged 12 and 10 on 44% shooting. Kobe and Bynum were still better than him that series.

Edited by Japago, November 05, 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)