Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#1361 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,104 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:43 AM

Derrick Williams is essentially shawn Marion. Having said that I like the idea of getting kirilenko like WC suggested.

Ariza would be great off the bench.

I mean having hill, Ariza, Jamison, barea, Meeks off the bench makes us deep

But the drop off from pau to Williams is pretty large and Minnesota seems to be eager to be rid of him
Posted Image

#1362 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 782 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:45 AM

Yeah that is exactly the problem. Pau's talent and skill is still there, but his aggressive mentality which he had during the two championship runs is not. In the Olympics playing for Spain he looked the old Pau, but once we get to the NBA season he looks like the same guy who did absolutely positively nothing in the last two postseason runs.

and that's the 19M dollar question. you would think the lakers would get a top of the line sports psychologist to work with the guy and figure out what the hell is going on...

#1363 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:45 AM

maybe because he's tired lol

Kobe played in the Olympics as well and he's still playing out of his mind. That's not an excuse.
htCCl0m.png

#1364 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:50 AM

Derrick Williams is essentially shawn Marion. Having said that I like the idea of getting kirilenko like WC suggested.

Ariza would be great off the bench.

I mean having hill, Ariza, Jamison, barea, Meeks off the bench makes us deep

But the drop off from pau to Williams is pretty large and Minnesota seems to be eager to be rid of him

If and when we trade Pau, it's going to be crucial that we acquire a starter and solid bench player.

I'm not big on the Amare idea but if we were to some how get JR Smith in that then I'd be on board.

I do think though that my Kirilenko/Williams/pick (or Barea) deal would be really good for this team.

Williams hasn't panned out to be a star but being back in LA w/ his favorite team and being surrounded by star talent make take the pressure off of him to be a star.

#1365 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,104 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:54 AM

The one thing Williams can do is finish off of assists. Spotting up or dunking, layups, etc

So I guess in some way he fits but he can't do anything by himself

My guess is the lineup would be

Howard/ hill
Williams/ Jamison
Artest/ Ariza
Kobe/ Meeks
Nash/ barea

Bench looks better, starting lineup looks worse, much worse.
Posted Image

#1366 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted November 29, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Anyone who thinks we should trade for Amare is just foolish. Why trash the chance at landing a big FA in 2014 by consuming ourselves with that contract?

#1367 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,450 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 09:09 AM

You've gotta be [expletive]ting me :facepalm:

Does someone hold your hand when you cross the street too? Looking up statistics is EASY; why don't you watch the games and you'll see the truth of the matter. However, here are your stats (even though I've cited them thousands of times)

'10-'11 Postseason: 13/8, 42% FG, 36 MPG
'11-'12 Postseason: 13/10, 43% FG, 37MPG

Again (comprehension is sorely lacking) stop focusing on the contract. The heart of the matter is that HE SUCKS. He's soft, trash, garbage, pathetic, etc...take your pick.

Wow. My comprehension skills lack? You're the one who just brought up statistics of [expletive] I've been saying. I've been saying his FG% has gone down since we've moved him from the post. Do you not comprehend that I'm talking about WHY his stats have gone down and not that they have? Clearly not.

I have made the argument that since we have moved Pau away from the basket that he has declined dramatically. You just continue to dodge providing any sort of evidence that I'm wrong and when you give me stats you prove ME right.

You've been making all kinds of bull[expletive] excuses for this sorry player. You claimed that the ONLY reason teams wouldn't want him is because of his contract. Really? How about how terrible he is? This is what I said in regards to him playing center:

Get over it, he's not the center on this team...DH is. EVERYTHING I said stands because he's done these things over and over and over again. Have good low post position? Squander it. Defense? Don't make me laugh. It's no secret that Pau doesn't like physical contact. It's his own fault he chooses to shoot jumpers; of course he loves to earn his 20 mil by standing around, wait for the ball, and just shoot a jumper. What happened to this supposed skilled Pau Gasol that could finish with either hand? That could post defenders up?

Defensively, he's pathetic. Offensively, he's lazy. He's becoming the worse trash this franchise has ever seen and I SERIOUSLY mean that.

lol again providing nothing to back up your claims. No [expletive] we're keeping Dwight as the center. That's why I'm in favor of trading Pau. Pau does not choose to shoot jumpers. He is put there.

It's really quite comical. I brought up the contract thing again because YOU brought it up, but somehow you think that's like apart of my argument?

"His contract doesn't fit his play and for the upteenth time, this isn't breaking news or some kind of new revelation...PAU GASOL HAS BEEN [expletive] FOR 2+ SEASONS."

Then you say to drop that subject even though I AGREED he isn't worth the contract? Are you dense?

Side note: Do not want Amare.

#1368 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 09:57 AM

Anyone who thinks we should trade for Amare is just foolish. Why trash the chance at landing a big FA in 2014 by consuming ourselves with that contract?

Which is exactly why I don't think that rumor holds any water based off the Lakers cap plan in a couple years.

#1369 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 11:27 AM

If and when we trade Pau, it's going to be crucial that we acquire a starter and solid bench player.

I'm not big on the Amare idea but if we were to some how get JR Smith in that then I'd be on board.

I do think though that my Kirilenko/Williams/pick (or Barea) deal would be really good for this team.

Williams hasn't panned out to be a star but being back in LA w/ his favorite team and being surrounded by star talent make take the pressure off of him to be a star.

I doubt they would throw J.R. Smith into the trade for Gasol... just don't see that happening

Andrei Kirlenko would not be on the trading block for the Wolves because he's pretty much the second scoring option for the Wolves at this part of the season

#1370 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,741 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 29, 2012 - 01:05 PM

The one thing Williams can do is finish off of assists. Spotting up or dunking, layups, etc

So I guess in some way he fits but he can't do anything by himself

My guess is the lineup would be

Howard/ hill
Williams/ Jamison
Artest/ Ariza
Kobe/ Meeks
Nash/ barea

Bench looks better, starting lineup looks worse, much worse.

Starting lineup would have Jamison and Williams would be coming off the bench.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1371 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Pau you're the most skilled post player in the league you go down to the post! Damnit. I hate this mindset he needs to space the floor, no you dont as much as you need to post up!
https://twitter.com/...260171608424448

Gasol on a tricky balance: "I'll try to get into the paint as much as I can, but also remind myself that (I need to) keep the floor spaced."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1372 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 01:56 PM

Had to bring back the Garbage sig. Its time. Pau is at the lowest point of his Laker career right now, lets see how this goes

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1373 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Times up
Posted Image

#1374 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Times up
Posted Image

#1375 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,089 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Wow. My comprehension skills lack? You're the one who just brought up statistics of [expletive] I've been saying. I've been saying his FG% has gone down since we've moved him from the post. Do you not comprehend that I'm talking about WHY his stats have gone down and not that they have? Clearly not.

I have made the argument that since we have moved Pau away from the basket that he has declined dramatically. You just continue to dodge providing any sort of evidence that I'm wrong and when you give me stats you prove ME right.

lol again providing nothing to back up your claims. No [expletive] we're keeping Dwight as the center. That's why I'm in favor of trading Pau. Pau does not choose to shoot jumpers. He is put there.

It's really quite comical. I brought up the contract thing again because YOU brought it up, but somehow you think that's like apart of my argument?

"His contract doesn't fit his play and for the upteenth time, this isn't breaking news or some kind of new revelation...PAU GASOL HAS BEEN [expletive] FOR 2+ SEASONS."

Then you say to drop that subject even though I AGREED he isn't worth the contract? Are you dense?

Side note: Do not want Amare.

Why did I bring up statistics?

You provided zero statistics

You asked, you received. Not that I needed to bring up statistics because unless you're mentally handicapped, you could have looked them up yourself or better yet...watch him play.

More on stats:

until you provide me with stats that prove me wrong then you are wrong.

I'm not a big stat person, but stats were given to you and you were proven wrong.

His stats have gone down because quite simply...he sucks. It's not because of any bull[expletive] excuse like "we've moved him from the post". Typical response though because Pau is the same way: zero accountability. Pau moves himself away from the basket; anyone actually watching the games can see this and it has been this way for over 2 years.

This whole back and forth started because you stated:

The only reason a team wouldn't want him is because of his contract. If you throw him back at center where he belongs he'll go back to his old stats and fg%.

Really, you think that's the ONLY reason? I have some more reasons: Gets pwned on a regular basis on the defensive end, plays the game like he's 6'6 instead of 7', zero accountability.

When Andrew wasn't in the game, guess what position Pau would play? And he still played like [expletive]. You make it seem like he JUST started playing like a bum...as evidenced by your citing of this:

Since he [Mike D'Antoni] took over as coach, 53 percent of Gasol’s shots have come from outside the paint. Under all other Lakers coaches (Jackson, Brown, Bickerstaff), only 30 percent of Gasol’s shots came from outside the paint.

I keep repeating this over and over: Pau was [expletive] before BOTH mikes even got here. He was [expletive] before Brown got here and he was [expletive] before D'Antoni got here.

Majesty asked you this:

And what is your excuse for when D'antoni, and Brown, would put him at the center position while sitting Bynum/Howard and Gasol did nothing?

The basis of your entire argument is basically Pau is playing poorly because he's not playing the center position. Fortunately, those of us who actually watch the games know there's more to it than that. You actually had nothing to say when Majesty asked this.

And what was your reason for Pau being terrible on p/r?

because Pau is more comfortable in the paint than he is out of it.

lmao

You claimed earlier that you're not making excuses for him but that couldn't be further from the truth...that's EXACTLY what you're doing.

Excuse number 1: He sucked because Andrew was there

Excuse number 2: He sucks because Dwight is here

Excuse number 3: We are using him as a jump shooter

Excuse number 4: He doesn't fit in the system

Excuse number 5: It's not 100% his fault

Excuses, excuses, excuses. And not one of them are valid.

What's going thru your head when you watch Pau get pwned virtually every game? Is it one of the excuses above? What's the excuse for him being demolished by Kenneth Faried? Carl Landry? Is it because of Andrew? lol

Is it because of DH?

When he already has good low post position and he moves away from the basket, is that because WE have turned him into a jump shooter?

So it's the system's fault he get's raped defensively? Let's blame the triangle for him getting pwned by people smaller than he is. He's too slow for smaller players and he's too soft for bigger/stronger players.

You have no argument against facts. When I gave you the statistics, you just made one of the above excuses.

Edited by Windu, November 29, 2012 - 02:09 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1376 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well we are going to need to wait anyways because December 15th is when a lot of players become available via trade.

That date coincides with Nash's return more than likely.

Trading him on Dec 15th may be waiting too long already. He really looks finished. I think his value decreases by the game.

But if they're waiting to see if Nash can improve Pau, it's even later. I think that's definitely too long of a wait.

Posted Image

#1377 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,324 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:42 PM

probably the best deal we can get for a 33 year old Pau

#1378 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,104 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:45 PM

Starting lineup would have Jamison and Williams would be coming off the bench.

Don't know if Jamison can play starter minutes
Posted Image

#1379 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,324 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:51 PM

Trade rumor is picking up steam.... this COULD be it

give us the link to your article

#1380 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Trading him on Dec 15th may be waiting too long already. He really looks finished. I think his value decreases by the game.

But if they're waiting to see if Nash can improve Pau, it's even later. I think that's definitely too long of a wait.

We have no choice but to wait unless we get some sort of out of this world offer with players available right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2), Google (2)