#1081 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:06 PM

All bad trades

The ATTPG crew doesn't care. These fans have been around since 2008 btw...a couple of bad games from Pau and they are out in full force with their usually racist (anti-euro) rants.

The truth about Pau is, of course that he's one of the toughest, and most professional players on the team not named Kobe. He's a highly skilled big with a diverse skillset, and his arrival in Lakerland has meant contender status from Day 1.

He's also one of the most blatantly disrespected stars on the team and it's truly a shame.
Posted Image

#1082 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:36 PM

^ wake up bro, you are leaking.

#1083 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:41 PM

The ATTPG crew doesn't care. These fans have been around since 2008 btw...a couple of bad games from Pau and they are out in full force with their usually racist (anti-euro) rants.

The truth about Pau is, of course that he's one of the toughest, and most professional players on the team not named Kobe. He's a highly skilled big with a diverse skillset, and his arrival in Lakerland has meant contender status from Day 1.

He's also one of the most blatantly disrespected stars on the team and it's truly a shame.

its not about Pau being a wack player. he's just not right for this team,ok. most people get this by now. we dont need pau. we do need a bench tho

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#1084 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:58 PM

LOL dude are you for real? How the [expletive] is calling out Pau for his soft play being racist? My goodness I'm astounded by this comment. Pau has had more than a few bad games. I'm a big fan of his and appreciate what he's done for us in the past, but even I will not deny he's sucked this season. Pau sure as hell ain't one of the toughest players in the league. Stop it. This season he's been soft as Charmin. 13 points and 9 boards are solid numbers for a role player, but not for someone earning 20 million a season.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 26, 2012 - 09:58 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#1085 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 26, 2012 - 10:07 PM

lol
lost all credibility

#1086 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:19 PM

Im not defending Pau. I want him traded. Im just saying they are bad trades and NO I dont have faith in Jamison whos 36 years old and has 2 out of 13 good games. Right now MWP has been more consistent than Jamison and thats saying something within itself. No we need a PF and other pieces for the bench if were moving Pau for example Josh Smith + Korver. Or Milsap + Brewer

Something of that kind.
Laker fan for life.

#1087 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:24 PM

With how Pau is handling this, he's going to make it easy for the front office to send him packing.

It seems the cycle stays set on repeat for how Pau Gasol handles his role with the Lakers the past two seasons.

He willingly adapts to changes and plays second (or even third) fiddle for the good of the team. Gasol eventually vents his displeasure that the team hasn’t featured him enough in the offense, namely in the post. The Lakers respond by feeding him the ball. Gasol responds by playing more aggressively. All of this happens with persistent rumors that Gasol’s days with the Lakers are numbered.

That’s why it should be of no surprise that Gasol admitted following Monday’s practice at the Lakers’ facility in El Segundo that he prefers playing in the triangle offense. After all, he appeared in three NBA Finals and won two NBA championships under that system

“It put me in a natural position for me, which was post. I could score and I could pass,” he said. “It was a perfect fit for me when I got here and Andrew [Bynum] was out. I had a lot of minutes and it was a need to cover.”

My, how things have changed.

After the NBA nixed the Chris Paul deal that would’ve sent Gasol to the Houston Rockets, the Lakers forward overwhelmingly stressed his want to stay a Laker. Even if Mike Brown’s offense would feature Andrew Bynum more in the post and push Gasol on the high post as a facilitator. Brown’s Princeton-based system this season was supposed to give Gasol more looks because of more open spacing. That didn’t happen.

“The more complex was probably the Princeton offense,” Gasol said. “Even though the triangle is very rich, the Princeton offense had more options to it. I don’t think in a month and a half we got to 100% of the offense. We got to about 75% of the offense. There were still more things to put in.”

Mike D’Antoni’s system pushes Gasol into a mid-range jump shooter. That’s happened in spurts. All in all, Gasol’s averaging a career-low 13.4 points on 43.4 percent shooting.

“Now it’s a different personnel, different need, different look, different system, different positioning,” Gasol said. “As a professional, you adjust to a different position in your company and try to do your best so the company still finds you a valuable asset and the company still performs as well as it did before.”

Gasol initially struggled. He didn’t have the proper conditioning. In the Lakers first two games of their recent trip, Gasol posted single digits. His play looked so bad that D’Antoni benched him for the entire fourth quarter in favor of a resurgent Antawn Jamsion, who scored a season-high 16 points.

“We’re all trying to get adjusted to the faster pace and running harder to our spots so the spacing’s better, the flow is better,” he said.

Gasol bounced back, though, in the Lakers’ 117-89 win Saturday over the Dallas Mavericks. He scored 13 points on a four-of seven clip, hustled more and played more solid defense, all despite the revelation he’s been playing with tendinitis in both of his knees all season.

“It tells me what I know about him. He’s a great guy. He’s a great competitor. He had a great career and will have continue to have one,” D’Antoni said. “I didn’t have any doubts. It’s just a matter of simplifying and getting everyone to know what we want as coaches and getting all the frustrations out. He did it. I would really be shocked if he responded any way.”

And how will Gasol respond moving forward? Even though he loves the triangle, Gasol sounds willing to embrace and adapt further to meet D’Antoni’s needs.

“This offense will have more stuff to it,” Gasol said. “We’re adding it up little by little, which is a little better for us in order to function collectively on the court. So far, it’s been pretty clear. We just have to adjust and figure things out.”

#1088 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:27 PM

With how Pau is handling this, he's going to make it easy for the front office to send him packing.

I don't really don't see what's wrong with what Pau said.
htCCl0m.png

#1089 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,026 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hmm this quote stood out

"He’s a great competitor. He had a great career and will have continue to have one,”

Those words I can see Mitch saying if he's traded

But yeah, Pau posting up career worsts, inconsistencies on both ends, and knees beginning to betray him.

Yeah I agree, all that needs to happen is for Hawks to take the chance on him.

But he needs to stop "Pau"ting about the offense, he IS a professional and for all the skills he has he should be able to find where he's gonna score in the offense. No one's stopping him from rolling to the basket on screens when it's open and no one's stopping him from playing help defense.

He did all that on the 4th game in 5 nights, there should be no excuse for the prior 3.

Edited by Majesty, November 26, 2012 - 11:29 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1090 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 11:36 PM

I don't really don't see what's wrong with what Pau said.

Last week he complained about taking jumpshots and how that wasn't his game, then whined about not getting touches. Now it's him saying he prefers the triangle.

All of that seems to me like Pau is not buying in right now and I'm not sure if he will.

If he continues to open his mouth or makes it seem as if he's unwilling to buy in, the front office will gladly trade him.

Pau said he's a professional, well he needs to act like it. He is not one to complain in the media, so there's something obviously bothering him right now.

#1091 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 07:51 AM

Pau, we'd still be playing under the triangle if you didn't disappear in 2011

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1092 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,117 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 27, 2012 - 09:00 AM

Pau, we'd still be playing under the triangle if you didn't disappear in 2011

Not too sure about that, with Phil's health at the time

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#1093 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 09:03 AM

http://basketball.re...de_Of_Pau_Gasol
Posted Image

#1094 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,128 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 09:10 AM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224670/Lakers_Arent_Seeking_Trade_Of_Pau_Gasol

So he'll be traded within a week
Posted Image

#1095 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 09:28 AM

It's rare players get traded before Dec 15 because that's when a lot of players who signed in the offseason become eligible to be traded. Jan 15 is now another date to look out for since players who received a certain percentage of a raise from their last contract have to wait until at least Jan 15 to be traded.

Overall, I don't think the Lakers do anything until the trading deadline anyway if they do anything.

Posted Image

#1096 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:32 AM

So he'll be traded within a week

If you're into linear thinking, sure.
Posted Image

#1097 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:38 AM

lmao

Pau Gasol is GONE

#1098 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,736 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:47 AM

Best to wait to see when Nash comes back and see how well he does.

#1099 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,344 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:48 AM

The Los Angeles Lakers are not actively seeking a trade of Pau Gasol, according to a report from the Los Angeles Times.

Gasol trade chatter had increased in recent days in the media, coinciding with his struggles on the floor and significant contract that runs through the 13-14 NBA season.

Gasol has played in four different offensive systems over the past three seasons and clearly prefers the Triangle.

"It put me in a natural position, which was post. I could score and I could pass," he said. "It was a perfect fit for me when I got here and Andrew (Bynum) was out. I had a lot of minutes and it was a need to cover.

"Now it's a different personnel, different need, different look, different system, different positioning. As a professional, you adjust to a different position in your company and try to do your best so the company still finds you a valuable asset and the company still performs as well as it did before."

Gasol has been slow to adapt to Mike D'Antoni's system.

"We're all trying to get adjusted to the faster pace and running harder to our spots so the spacing's better, the flow is better," Gasol said.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1100 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:49 AM

Best to wait to see when Nash comes back and see how well he does.

Nash isn't going to change his defense or his ability to box out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)