#1043 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 01:32 PM

If we still have him at the end of the year, is he not amnesty-worthy? I see no difference between now and then.

That's the thing, we can't look at the "then" and accurately claim that there is no difference. It is only a guess, at best.
When Nash returns and a true chemistry is made with the team, I can see Pau being very useful.

He's not being very useful on defense or rebounding right now, don't get me wrong. He has some work to do, but he's not the only Laker that has some work that needs to be done to get this chemistry rolling.

and btw we can't amnesty a player right now, we still have to wait for end of the season. I'm just talking hypothetical.

I understand, but I think it is too early to be talking amnesty when there could be a better trade opportunity before that hypothetical can become a reality. I wouldn't think any major amnesities would be done until Kobe/Nash retire.

He's more into "Dodgeball" right now.

LMAO

Edited by -Wade-, November 24, 2012 - 01:34 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#1044 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 910 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted November 24, 2012 - 01:46 PM

Watching Pau try to rebound is like watching a horrible volleyball game.

#1045 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 01:50 PM

The funny thing is on 2k13 Pau is a god dam terrible defender too, the games so realistic!

#1046 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:06 PM

The black Stan Van Gundy O_O

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1047 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,849 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:07 PM

^ giant toothpick :laughing:

#1048 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,202 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:54 PM

He should be traded, he is not being used in his position. Btw did Antoni win the game by benching him on the fourth?

Came close. We would have won if we benched im at the half. He got us into a 18 point deficit we could get out of

#1049 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,202 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:14 PM

Pau gasol's salary is 19 mill this year and 19.285 mill next year. He also has a 15% trade kicker. That means when he is traded he gets and extra 2.85 mil just because he was traded. The team getting gasol would have to pay that then.

Pau would then be the 2nd highest player in the nba this season. No team will take him. No team would be willing to give up 20 mill of players to get pau gasol. Only chance he would be traded is next season at the trade deadline. This is due to him ending his contract this year.

I have said this before. He is dollar for dollar the worst player in the NBA and its not even close.

#1050 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,787 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 05:21 PM

i'd say amar'es is right up there. if he comes back and they keep winning then i'll eat my words.

2div

#1051 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:06 PM

All quiet in here now I see. LOL.
Posted Image

#1052 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,787 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:10 PM

there always peace when the Lakers win

but i still think he should go, this game just increases his stock! haha

2div

#1053 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:14 PM

He's basically another Lamar Odom at this point. When he's focused and playing aggressively, we're damn near unstoppable. When he half-asses it, games become much harder to win. There was zero difference in the number of touches he received tonight compared to last night in Memphis. The difference was that he actually rolled in high PnR with Kobe (instead of floating out 17-19 feet from the basket) and he made a concerted effort to post him man and attack off the dribble on two separate occasions. It's all mental with Pau, has been for the last 2 years.

#1054 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Still on the trade his ass bandwagon

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 24, 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#1055 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Pau gasol's salary is 19 mill this year and 19.285 mill next year. He also has a 15% trade kicker. That means when he is traded he gets and extra 2.85 mil just because he was traded. The team getting gasol would have to pay that then.

Pau would then be the 2nd highest player in the nba this season. No team will take him. No team would be willing to give up 20 mill of players to get pau gasol. Only chance he would be traded is next season at the trade deadline. This is due to him ending his contract this year.

I have said this before. He is dollar for dollar the worst player in the NBA and its not even close.

According to Eric Pincus, his trade kicker won't actually effect anything since his salary is already too high.

http://www.hoopsworl...rs-team-salary/

Note: In the case of Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol, their trade kickers are moot since they are already above the maximum salary. Functionally, it’s as if they have no trade kickers at all.

Again, I disagree. He doesn't have a lot of value, but even the worst contracts have gotten traded before. Joe Johnson was traded and he makes slightly more and is under contract for 3 more seasons after this one.

Edited by Japago, November 24, 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

#1056 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,471 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:49 PM

All quiet in here now I see. LOL.

yeah and if he responds with 3 terrible games this thread will be up again.

Thing is I don't think you get that "one game" every 10 isn't good enough.

Gasol can put together a performance like this EVERY single night and actually can switch on defenses in the same way too like he did in a fashion tonight, nothing stops him from doing it just like nothing stops him from ROLLING to the basket off screens every night too.

Let Gasol string off 5 good games doing this and maybe my opinion will change.

But this whole "defend him for 5 bad performances so I can act like one good performance erases it all so I can brag and act smarter than anyone else that had valid points" schtick you're attempting ain't working.

Let's see if Gasol remains consistent, because if he comes out with bad performances in the next 5 games(3 of them) then it will prove what everyone has been saying.

So stick around for 5 straight games still bragging about your boy, and if he lets you down again because of his inconsistency, don't disappear.

Edited by Majesty, November 24, 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1057 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:55 PM

we will have to see how Gasol responds
Posted Image

#1058 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 24, 2012 - 10:03 PM

He's basically another Lamar Odom at this point. When he's focused and playing aggressively, we're damn near unstoppable. When he half-asses it, games become much harder to win. There was zero difference in the number of touches he received tonight compared to last night in Memphis. The difference was that he actually rolled in high PnR with Kobe (instead of floating out 17-19 feet from the basket) and he made a concerted effort to post him man and attack off the dribble on two separate occasions. It's all mental with Pau, has been for the last 2 years.

Pretty much agree with this.

It's been going on so long now though that I really doubt he can put it together consistently though. Maybe Nash will help him out, maybe not. I really don't see anyone wanting Pau enough to give us anything worth trading him for though.

#1059 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 24, 2012 - 10:16 PM

Pretty much agree with this.

It's been going on so long now though that I really doubt he can put it together consistently though. Maybe Nash will help him out, maybe not. I really don't see anyone wanting Pau enough to give us anything worth trading him for though.

Agree but i think we will have to ship him out with either hill or ebanks seing as those guys minutes are being killed.
Posted Image

#1060 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,351 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Come on Pau!

Edited by Chad, November 24, 2012 - 10:54 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users