#1002 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:36 PM

The one we're going for is Josh Smith and stevenson, or korver or morrow(won't happen most likely)

The only way I can see them accepting it is if we can give them something by December 15th or if Josh won't commit to resigning by the trade deadline or the all-star break.

It's pretty evident that the Lakers are going after Josh Smith aggressively. The only scenario outside of a 3 team deal(which is also being discussed) is Pau for Smith+1. Least till December 15th.

Mitch already declined to trade for Smith, people don't understand that or have selected memory, also the Hawks do not want Pau even if Smith threatens to walk, Pau is not worth what he is paid and still has another year to his contract, Pau does not fill seats in the arena so there really is no positives for ATL to even consider it.Paus stock is at an all time low and other teams know that Pau does not fit into the system so they will most likely low ball the lakers on any deal involving Pau.
Posted Image

#1003 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,434 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:40 PM

Everytime I see Smith's switches on defense and ability to guard when someone drives the lane whether it be his man or a blown assignment from a teammate and then I watch Gasol let a guy run by or refuse to switch on a guard that's getting an open lane and have Kobe yell at him it's saddening.

Then for Pau to constantly deflect blame away from himself it really does put the pits to my stomach sometimes. Eventually you gotta man up and say "I just can't(or am refusing) to do what they are asking of me defensively cause I just don't have it anymore to do the minimum I used to."

But he has an excuse. Sad thing is after the Kings game I felt so terrible for him because he seemed to take a lot of it on his shoulders when it came to involving Dwight and I hoped he'd come out today and play with a passion and switch on defense.

And HE DID!!! for a whole 2 minutes..

And guess what? We got a lead and Dwight got a block off of Pau's switch and Pau scored taking it to the lane.

And WHAT HAPPENED the rest of the game? When Pau went to the lane he passed it out and it was a turnover, he took jump shots no matter when they were short, and refused to drive it even when Dwight cleared lane for him to go through or be ready for a handoff if they collapsed on Pau when he drove..and Pau just kept shooting..and shooting jumper after jumper.

Then the ONE TIME he finally takes initiative to go to the lane he passes it out and the shooter wasn't even expecting it and it went out of bounds.

Then he somehow forgets how to switch on defense WHICH he was doing effectively earlier and then after the game he deflects blame everywhere.

Mitch already declined to trade for Smith, people don't understand that or have selected memory, also the Hawks do not want Pau even if Smith threatens to walk, Pau is not worth what he is paid and still has another year to his contract, Pau does not fill seats in the arena so there really is no positives for ATL to even consider it.Paus stock is at an all time low and other teams know that Pau does not fit into the system so they will most likely low ball the lakers on any deal involving Pau.

Actually you have selective memory. We were asking for more than just Smith+1 and ATL is the one that backed out.

Mitch never said no to a Smith for Pau straight up trade. Mitch wanted to get more for Smith as in Smith + another really good player from ATL and they said no.

So yeah. Pau IS going to be out of here for Smith if Mitch can make it happen, which he is trying for.

Main thing is he's trying not to involve any of our other main pieces with Pau.

Edited by Majesty, November 23, 2012 - 11:42 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1004 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,986 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:41 PM

even if we got Smith he would just be a rental

why

#1005 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,055 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:43 PM

Even through a 3 way trade, I don't think he has enough value to get Josh Smith back to the Lakers. I don't think he'll be able to return a young all-star anymore.

But hey, Joe Johnson got traded. Maybe there's something out there.

Posted Image

#1006 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,434 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Even through a 3 way trade, I don't think he has enough value to get Josh Smith back to the Lakers. I don't think he'll be able to return a young all-star anymore.

But hey, Joe Johnson got traded. Maybe there's something out there.

He does and we'd probably be looking to unload Ebanks and clark along with pau. We just can't do that till December 15th before every option is available for us. If Mitch were able to do it till then for JUST Pau then he's an even greater genius than we know.

#1007 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:02 AM

I'd love Carl Landry on this team, guy gives effort and plays solid defense.

Milsap is another guy but I don't think that's realistic.

Smith really is the most logical based on money coming in and out. Atlanta has a lot of money coming off the books so adding Gasol would go against that BUT they wouldn't want to lose Smith for nothing in free agency

#1008 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,434 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'd love Carl Landry on this team, guy gives effort and plays solid defense.

Milsap is another guy but I don't think that's realistic.

Smith really is the most logical based on money coming in and out. Atlanta has a lot of money coming off the books so adding Gasol would go against that BUT they wouldn't want to lose Smith for nothing in free agency

Thing is we were THIS close to getting Milsap for Odom before we got the TPE instead.

Oh would THAT have been a steal lol

#1009 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,541 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:17 AM

Exactly. Not to mention they'd finally be able to move Horford to the 4 where he fits best.

And if Gasol falls flat on his face with them, they'll have his expiring contract next season to work with.

#1010 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,932 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:20 AM

milsap would be nice! i've read that they've been meaning to let him leave for FA to give favors a shot, but i don't ever see utah dealing with us

j. smoov tho... how nice would that be!

2div

#1011 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:23 AM

I dont think theres a single laker fan that doenst want Pau traded anymore. lol.

You forgot fido.....
Posted Image

#1012 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,040 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm not for trading Pau either. Not at this point anyways.
Would like to see what happens, when Nash gets back in the lineup.

#1013 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,932 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:34 AM

nash can't make pau play defense. he can't make pau set more solid screens and roll harder to the rim. and he can't stop pau from settling for jumpers. that's all on pau.

2div

#1014 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008

Posted November 24, 2012 - 12:39 AM

I watch every game...it was clear that Pau had a bad game, and I haven't denied that, but your inability to admit that Dwight had just about as much of a low impact game is what loses you the argument.

Dwight is a disaster on offense...he can't handle passes inside, he can't finish unless it's a dunk, he can't hit his freethrows, and he's getting stripped everytime he goes across the lane (showing the ball at his waist). That swing hook has been scouted by everyone, and everyone knows what to do. Dude's a turnover machine, right now.

The irony with Dwight is that the best and easiest baskets he gets are the ones where Pau basically sets the table for him.

:smh:
Posted Image

#1015 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 24, 2012 - 01:14 AM

Still not traded? DAMN

I purely changed my profile picture to get this fool out!!
Laker fan for life.

#1016 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,986 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 24, 2012 - 01:27 AM

To bad we cant just pay half of gasols salary when we trade him so we could get better trade offers.

#1017 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 24, 2012 - 02:47 AM

Pau is a lock for the citizenship award this season, would that appeal to Atlanta? :laughing:

3way Jazz-Hawks-Lakers would work

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#1018 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,276 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted November 24, 2012 - 02:56 AM

I think Atlanta is really one of the only semi-contending teams that needs a Center...

Pau can still be a great NBA center, lakers are not using him as he should be used.
Another team will appriciate him for what he is, and not ask him to be something he is not (like the lakers are doing now)

A Pau-Dwight pairing might be worse then the Pau-Bynum pairing...

#1019 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:11 AM

I think Atlanta is really one of the only semi-contending teams that needs a Center...

Pau can still be a great NBA center, lakers are not using him as he should be used.
Another team will appriciate him for what he is, and not ask him to be something he is not (like the lakers are doing now)

A Pau-Dwight pairing might be worse then the Pau-Bynum pairing...

I truly agree with you. it's really pissing me off, all these guys saying Gasol is garbage. I know he's had a tough season thus far, but it can be attributed to playing out of position, as you said. Gasol still has it, he just needs to be back at center, be it with the Lakers or some other team. I could see his frustration in last nights game, by the way he played. He is just really uncomfortable at PF. Hopefuly coach could make some adjustments.

#1020 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,434 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 04:14 AM

Los Angeles Lakers: Mike D’Antoni’s comments signal that it’s time to trade Pau Gasol

Posted Image
If you haven’t followed the story closely, you’d have no idea the Los Angeles Lakers had a problem with All-Star big man Pau Gasol.
Gasol, traded to the Lakers in 2008 as a deal that swung the momentum in the Western Conference and led to two NBA titles, has been at the center of trade speculation dating back to last season, when he was almost traded in a package deal to the New Orleans Hornets for guard Chris Paul.
And since then Gasol has taken the brunt of blame when it comes to the Lakers losing games.
But most recently, it was his brand new coach, Mike D’Antoni, who was taking shots at Gasol.

Posted Image KEVIN DING @KevinDing

Why did D'Antoni sit Pau down the stretch? "I was thinking I'd like to win this game, that's what I was thinking."
23 Nov 12

In a game in which Gasol played the fewest minutes of any starter, scored six points on 3-of-8 shooting with four rebounds and had a team-worst -23, the Lakers fell to the Memphis Grizzlies 106-98.
If it wasn’t the first time Gasol has been called out by a Lakers coach, this would be no big deal. But it wasn’t.
And with the Lakers season tilting back and forth faster than two even sized kids on a seesaw, it might be time to trade the 11-year veteran.
Thanks to ESPN’s trade machine, we here at KJG believe we’ve found the perfect trade partners.
The Atlanta Hawks could swap Josh Smith and either Kyle Korver or DeShawn Stevenson in exchange for Gasol’s services.
Obviously the key piece would be Smith, who not only would thrive in D’Antoni’s fast-paced system, but would also be reunited with best friend, Dwight Howard. Smith and Howard are running on one-year deals and could be the future of the Lakers if this offseason plays out the right way for LA. Smith is shooting just 20 percent from three and general manager Danny Ferry has made is painfully clear the Hawks are in rebuilding mode.
Korver is obviously the piece the Hawks would be tentative to give up. Korver is scoring just over 10 points per game and playing the third most minutes on the team. He’s knocking down 42 percent of his three-point attempts, attempting six threes per game.
Having the dynamic Smith and Korver or, to an extent, Stevenson, would give the Lakers a the high-tempo offense D’Antoni loves to run, while Smith would provide another defensive force, making one of the top front courts in the league.
As for the Hawks, they would get a veteran forward, who can play the five, moving Al Horford back to the four. Horford could thrive against undersized power forwards and the Hawks would no longer have to worry about a free-shooting forward as a ball stopper from beyond the arc.
Gasol also has two years remaining on his contract, allowing the Hawks to move forward with point guard Jeff Teague, Horford and Gasol as the foundation of the franchise.
For the Lakers, the time is now to trade Gasol.
For more NBA news, follow Raj on Twitter: @RajPrashad

Edited by Majesty, November 24, 2012 - 04:14 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)