#761 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 22, 2012 - 04:15 PM

you contradict urself alot bro, i think ur just in love with Jsmoooooove.

1.jamison was not meant to be a shooter for our bench, which you said he was, but then you said he was supposed to be our bench's 2nd scorer(which is the truth)

Dude you make no sense -_- You think that Jamison isn't meant to be a shooter on our bench but that he was meant to be the second scorer? I said Jamison was meant to be the extra scorer on the bench,

Quoting myself

THAT is all that's missing on our bench is an extra shooter.

It was MEANT to be Jamison but he hasn't come through as of yet.

Jamison was meant to be our extra scorer off the bench and I stated it from the first sentence so where was I incorrect? I think you misread me and are now trying to make a point that doesn't exist.

2. you admit that our bench needs a 2nd scorer, a shooter will not be that. a shooter will thrive with Nash,a shooter most often wont thrive with our bench(ask jodie effing meeks)(HE IS OUR SHOOTER) the bench needs a playmaker(was supposed to be Jamison).

lol are you REALLY trying to say that a shooter and scorer aren't the same thing? Jamison is our second guy that's on the wing as a spot up shooter he's nothing more nothing less, he's asked to be a shooter that's why a majority of his shots come from three. Our bench unit is meant to punish people at range. Hill and Howard are on the inside to handle rebounds and take it to the post and the funny thing is Jamison has been getting some wide open threes. You say a shooter won't thrive with our bench which is just an idiotic statement first of all, you use Meeks as an example despite the fact he's known to be streaky and hasn't even had a defined role yet on our bench till recently. Tell me, what happened last night when he started acting like what he was(a spot up shooter) and stopped trying to do too much? That's right he scored. He got easy shots and he scored.

So for you to say a shooter won't thrive on our bench is just idiotic.

Jamison was made to be a guy that would get himself open shots from the mid range and three which is what he's been good at and he's actually done, the unfortunate thing he's missed a majority of his shots.

3. kobes minutes will continue to be too high, as long as our bench is wack. so, the bench needs to be fixed to keep his minutes down, and thats what i want to do,,,you want to keep the bench below average and therfor keep kobes minutes up.

But I don't think you grasp how much you're giving up if you put Jamison in the starting lineup. You're basically trying to say

"Moving Jamison to the starting the lineup while having 2 bench players helps us more than having Josh Smith in the starting lineup and another shooter on our bench."

That is the single most idiotic statement you can make. Why the heck would we put Jamison in the starting lineup if we aren't content with what Pau is doing. You think Jamison would do any more? Oh that's right you expect NASH to carry the load along with Kobe and Dwight despite the facts team exploiting when we're weak at the 4 that it WOULDN'T WORK.

We get busted by other teams because of our lack of interior D, if you put Jamison as the starting 4 you're basically telling a team "go ahead and score 60 points in the paint against us please.. we aren't even trying to defend you in there."

Use your head man. Jamison is a worse defender than Pau, he's smaller than Pau, his shot has been worse than Pau this season and he's 'stretched' the floor absolutely none this season against a bench lineup. You want to put him there against STARTING 4s and then sit back and say "its fine cause those 2 players on our bench will make up for it."

No, they won't. No one in their right mind would start Jamison because they don't want to get Josh Smith. It's nonsense and it's hard to believe you're actually trying to argue it.

4. if we dont move Jamison or Hill into our starting Pf slot, Jamison will continue to be a waste of a pickup(playing SF)

nash
thorton
kobe
hill/jamison
dwight
that lineup would be better than our starting lineup now(for this team ran by nash) , plus thorton and isaiah would make our bench great. if we get some depth on the wings, metta can play less(kobe at the 3), and kobe can play less(better bench=less minutes) , and Jamison would play the position where he had twenty 20point games where he shot 45% or more last season(66game season).. OUR TEAM WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER with all the above.

So you want to start Kobe at the 3 in your thought pattern over Metta? :laughing: holy crap trying to make your point is just making this worse for you. Yeah let's enjoy watching Kobe defend Durant and try to muscle LeBron in the post for entire stretches, it will be fun and won't wear him down at all.

Dude it's just getting more idiotic by the moment. In all honesty you should just stop now.

You're arguing you'd rather have Hill/Jamison starting over Josh Smith and have Kobe as our starting small forward.

I think this conversation is over. :smh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#762 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 22, 2012 - 04:22 PM

i didnt mean start kobe at the 3. and NO NO NO NO a shooter and a scorer are not the same thing.hahahahaha, wow

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#763 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 22, 2012 - 04:52 PM

Wow the things people say on this thread are crazy lol We need to get younger and we need more defensive minded players even if they can't score.... Every other team has 3 or 4 defensive stoppers on a contending team we have Kobe who isn't asked to guard the best player for all 48 minutes and artest who defense comes and goes and Dwight... who is the only solid defensive player we got...

Hopefully Morris can Improve his defense and become a defensive stopper in the future... he put on a lot of Muscle in the off-season and improved his Jump shot hopefully he can continue to Improve

#764 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,612 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:07 PM

According to Sports Illustrated, the Lakers have shown serious interest in Atlanta Hawk Josh Smith in exchange for Pau Gasol. The Hawks may have to include Kyle Korver or another player for contracts to match, but Los Angeles may have revived a rumored deal from last year.
Lauded as an “offensive genius” by many players, including superstar Kobe Bryant, D’Antoni’s uptempo system requires speed, three-point shooting, and athleticism, all things a younger Gasol could have provided.

Few more games like the one last night from Pau and it's a forgone conclusion. Would NOT mind adding Korver to our bench in D'antoni's system and this is off the heels of Smith getting 25 and 12 last night and Korver hitting 5 straight 3s

Edited by Majesty, November 22, 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#765 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,233 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:16 PM

Few more games like the one last night from Pau and it's a forgone conclusion. Would NOT mind adding Korver to our bench in D'antoni's system and this is off the heels of Smith getting 25 and 12 last night and Korver hitting 5 straight 3s

Where you get that from

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#766 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:16 PM

It doesn't even have to be for Josh Smith, just get this mutha[expletive]a outta here.

Edited by Windu, November 22, 2012 - 05:17 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#767 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,233 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:18 PM

we need a defensive minded player if we trade Pau

#768 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:19 PM

John Henson

#769 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Anyone is a defensive-minded player compared to Pau

Pau Gasol is GONE

#770 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,233 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Anyone is a defensive-minded player compared to Pau

very true

#771 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,612 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:21 PM

Josh Smith is one.

And until the inevitable trade happens unless Pau somehow miraculously signs the petition for him to play defense, enjoy this clip of when Smith met Ibaka and imagine what Nash could do with him and Dwight on the court at the same time. Anyway, Enjoy

#772 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,233 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:26 PM

Josh Smith is one.

And until the inevitable trade happens unless Pau somehow miraculously signs the petition for him to play defense, enjoy this clip of when Smith met Ibaka and imagine what Nash could do with him and Dwight on the court at the same time. Anyway, Enjoy

I know Smith is a defensive minded player, I was referring to Windu's post saying it "can be anyone"

Where did you get that quote from

#773 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Mitch rejected smith for Pau already.
Posted Image

#774 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,612 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:31 PM

I know Smith is a defensive minded player, I was referring to Windu's post saying it "can be anyone"

Where did you get that quote from

from the ibtimes a few days ago. I been keeping quotes and tabs in notepad about this trade lol

But I'm also looking at the fact that Kobe is criticizing Gasol's inability to get up and down the court or saying that he's used to loafing around and they can't afford to do that in this offense. That plus his defensive inefficiencies which seems to piss Dwight off every time Gasol refuses to rotate and help out all point to the direction that he's on his way out unless both of those things change.

So unless we see Gasol running the court, not loafing around, and actually helping Dwight on defense then he's probably gone by the trade deadline.

It does hurt my heart to say it because he looked so distraught in the interview last night and gave the impression he's trying as hard as he can but that it isn't enough.

Sadly, it catches up with all players, he's NEVER been a good defensive player but he was always good at contesting shots and using his length to bother shooters even when they got past him... he isn't even doing that anymore. Sad to watch really :(

#775 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,115 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#776 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,612 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:39 PM

Posted Image

and that's pretty much it

let's compare Josh's response to someone going by

Years ago, but he does the same thing nowadays too as his game has improved instead of regressed.

But let's compare how Josh switches

Which is a more recent one.

Yes Smith would be valuable helping off when LeBron does go past MWP instead of forcing Dwight to do everything because Pau WON'T rotate. Smith does and does it effectively, that's why him and Dwight would work so well together especially against teams like the Heat.

#777 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 22, 2012 - 06:26 PM

We're better off keeping Pau and I think on a PnR team you need a versatile big like Pau because he won't roll, but he'll also pop. The way its' structured right now though, he's been relegated to the jump shooting power forward role...and ready needs more time as a center.

Don't use the game last night as a barometer...the team was toast on a road b2b. Kobe gave it is best shot, and we got a surprise 4th quarter appearance from Meeks...that what even kept it close. But let's not lay it all on Pau's feet. Dwight was nonexistent. There are plenty of ready made excuses for him though.
Posted Image

#778 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,612 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 06:57 PM

We're better off keeping Pau and I think on a PnR team you need a versatile big like Pau because he won't roll, but he'll also pop. The way its' structured right now though, he's been relegated to the jump shooting power forward role...and ready needs more time as a center.

Don't use the game last night as a barometer...the team was toast on a road b2b. Kobe gave it is best shot, and we got a surprise 4th quarter appearance from Meeks...that what even kept it close. But let's not lay it all on Pau's feet. Dwight was nonexistent. There are plenty of ready made excuses for him though.

I keep saying man It isn't his OFFENSE that we're most bothered by, it's his lack of help on defense and his non commitment to helping off screens or shadowing his man or protecting the paint and his overall non effort towards defense as general that's hurting us as a team.

No matter what "system" he's in that's an apparent problem all year and it's costing us in major ways.

So some need to stop looking at "well offensively its"

Offense ain't the biggest issue. His lack of defense and the mismatches he's causing because of his lack of defense is alarming, and as long as he plays defense that way we aren't winning a championship even with a healthy Dwight Howard.

#779 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Even if Smith gives us 10 points on offence. IT WILL NOT MATTER> We will have enough scoring when nash gets back, thats not the problem... the problemis the fricken defence and athleticsm. Pau DOES NOTHING ON DEFENCE. He lets his man blow by him EVERY SIGNLE TIME.

Can you imagine what Lebron James will do to our team?? .. [expletive] i dont want to even imagine. I hope we trade this soft ass off our team before we have to play him...

MITCH DO THAT TRADE NOWWWWW
Laker fan for life.

#780 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,612 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Even if Smith gives us 10 points on offence. IT WILL NOT MATTER> We will have enough scoring when nash gets back, thats not the problem... the problemis the fricken defence and athleticsm. Pau DOES NOTHING ON DEFENCE. He lets his man blow by him EVERY SIGNLE TIME.

Can you imagine what Lebron James will do to our team?? .. [expletive] i dont want to even imagine. I hope we trade this soft ass off our team before we have to play him...

MITCH DO THAT TRADE NOWWWWW

yes, watching Smith stay and shadow people to block them when they do go by and make successful switches when a guard/forward goes by one of our wing defenders is always something I wish we had on our team. Both him and Howard are capable of it so having the BOTH of them, would be beautiful in terms of interior defense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (13)