#7681 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,101 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 22, 2014 - 07:03 PM

No I was talking about having both Pau and one of the guys you mentioned.

Technically you could. 

But personally I don't see Pau taking little enough to be relegated to a bench role.   it would be nice but I don't see it. 

To me Gasol would be perfect at backup center. Wouldn't be asked to play much defense, can score in bunches, can have a smaller amount of minutes to take less of a tole on his body.  Marshall and Gasol off the bench would rip another bench unit to shreds on their pick and rolls alone. 

The problem is I don't think Gasol would buy it and I'm not going to trust him at starting 4 defensively anymore, not even Dwight could make up for that.  I think with Pau it's start or bust for him personally and unless we get fantastic defenders at the 1,3,4 this off-season then the same problems will occur no matter what coach we bring in.   I'm sure the Lakers will pitch the idea and he'll carry the ball all the way to San Antonio before throwing it back =P

Edited by Majesty, March 22, 2014 - 07:04 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7682 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,209 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 22, 2014 - 07:31 PM

He could be our starting center and we could probably get him to take a little but of a discount if we:
1. Fire D'Antoni
2. Give him a NTC

#7683 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,773 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Obviously depending on who we get if we let Gasol go, you'll find people then complaining that the replacement has no offense lol .. 

If you got the footwork and a good post up game you'll be fine.. Thats why i feel as long as we get defensive players,Pau would be a good compliment on the other end .. 

#7684 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,209 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 22, 2014 - 07:38 PM

Obviously depending on who we get if we let Gasol go, you'll find people then complaining that the replacement has no offense lol ..

If you got the footwork and a good post up game you'll be fine.. Thats why i feel as long as we get defensive players,Pau would be a good compliment on the other end ..

Exactly how I feel. Agree with 100% of this post.

#7685 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 22, 2014 - 08:25 PM

Getting a better defensive anchor is a lot easier than getting than getting 2 elite perimeter defenders. Don't forget that the Lakers have one of the worst defensive coaches in the NBA now too.

Obviously, we're not talking about getting the team back to championship contention for the next few years. But, it's probably easiest to start by getting a good defensive anchor and good defensive coach.

Edited by Japago, March 22, 2014 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

#7686 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 988 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted March 22, 2014 - 08:46 PM

He could be our starting center and we could probably get him to take a little but of a discount if we:
1. Fire D'Antoni
2. Give him a NTC

Windu's nightmare: Pau in purple and gold with a No Trade Close.

#7687 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted March 22, 2014 - 09:06 PM

Grizzlies want Pau Gasol?  

The Grizzlies are eyeing soon-to-be free agent Pau Gasol, who said in December that Memphis would be an “appealing” option, but the team would make Gasol a “secondary” priority to re-signing Zach Randolph if Z-Bo opts out, USA Today’s Sam Amick reports. Gasol’s brother Marc Gasol is under contract with Memphis through next season, but it appears the team would prefer to keep its current frontcourt pairing intact rather than seek out a family connection.

Grizzlies CEO Jason Levien said last month that he hoped that Randolph would remain with the team long-term. The power forward has voiced frustration with the club this season and remains undecided on his roughly $16.9MM player option, but he said in November that he’dlike to retire in Memphis, and as Amick notes, he’s made his affection for Memphis clear on multiple occasions.

Pau Gasol has said a team’s chances of winning will weigh most heavily on his decision in the summer, and while Memphis has been significantly more successful than the Lakers this season and last, the Grizzlies are scrapping for one of the last playoff berths this year. The Lakers, armed with cap room and a lottery pick in June’s draft, have an 80% chance of re-signing Gasol, according to teammate and close friend Kobe Bryant.

Still, both Bryant and Gasol would reportedly like to see the Lakers replace coach Mike D’Antoni.

http://www.hoopsrumo...y-interest.html

Edited by Majesty, March 22, 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#7688 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 22, 2014 - 09:31 PM

If the Grizz really do want Gasol, let's start talking Ed Davis. I'd love a chance to land him as a FA or in a trade with Pau.

#7689 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 23, 2014 - 03:40 AM

Technically you could. 

But personally I don't see Pau taking little enough to be relegated to a bench role.   it would be nice but I don't see it. 

To me Gasol would be perfect at backup center. Wouldn't be asked to play much defense, can score in bunches, can have a smaller amount of minutes to take less of a tole on his body.  Marshall and Gasol off the bench would rip another bench unit to shreds on their pick and rolls alone. 

The problem is I don't think Gasol would buy it and I'm not going to trust him at starting 4 defensively anymore, not even Dwight could make up for that.  I think with Pau it's start or bust for him personally and unless we get fantastic defenders at the 1,3,4 this off-season then the same problems will occur no matter what coach we bring in.   I'm sure the Lakers will pitch the idea and he'll carry the ball all the way to San Antonio before throwing it back =P

Completely agree. Pau wont go anywhere to be the 6th man - especially not, if he's also taking a discout. That said, i still could see him going to the Grizzlies in some way. Probably in a sign-and-trade. 

#7690 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 04:09 AM

Completely agree. Pau wont go anywhere to be the 6th man - especially not, if he's also taking a discout. That said, i still could see him going to the Grizzlies in some way. Probably in a sign-and-trade. 

For their pick I'd do it.  Now that they are in the playoffs they've fallen from the 16th lottery pick to 22nd. 

Also Golden State is 2 losses from NOT being in the playoffs O_O ain't THAT worrisome. 

Especially as the Warriors have 

Grizzlies
Knicks

Dallas
San Antonio

next.  If they go 1-3 they're very potentially in the 9th spot O_O 

Edited by Majesty, March 23, 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#7691 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,773 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Would Oklahoma sign Gasol ?

#7692 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,600 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 23, 2014 - 08:00 PM

#prayforPau

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#7693 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 08:24 PM

Gasol very sick with unknown illness; Being IV'd as we speak

1. Mike D'Antoni didn't have any details on Pau Gasol. Says he thought he was getting an IV in the lockerroom. Very dizzy.

Mike D'Antoni says if Pau Gasol is unable to go Tuesday, we might see Chris Kaman staring.

1. Any one who thinks Pau Gasol sat out for tanking purposes is quite mistaken - he is apparently quite ill

Edited by Majesty, March 23, 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#7694 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 399 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 23, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Damn, poor pau. He is a great human being.

#7695 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,146 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 23, 2014 - 08:50 PM

Oh wow. I hope its not serious.

#7696 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,745 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted March 23, 2014 - 09:02 PM

Pau Gasol received 3 liters of IV fluids and will spend the night in a hospital for precautionary measures

#7697 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 23, 2014 - 09:13 PM

1. Mike D'Antoni didn't have any details on Pau Gasol. Says he thought he was getting an IV in the lockerroom. Very dizzy.

Mike D'Antoni says if Pau Gasol is unable to go Tuesday, we might see Chris Kaman staring.

Bhs7_MVCQAAsSbw.png

Edited by Lewd, March 23, 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#7698 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted March 23, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Get well soon Pau!!!

#7699 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted March 23, 2014 - 10:08 PM

1. Pau Gasol is being treated in an ambulance - will be taken to hospital from Staples

#7700 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,600 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 23, 2014 - 10:15 PM

Don't you go dying on me Pau.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users