• Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:21 AM

He's leaving LA.

Hopefully its via sign and trade

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 12:11 PM

Pau will re-sign with the Lakers at the right price .. I have a feeling it will be around 11-13 million ..

Honestly, I'm not even sure that should be considered "the right price".

yo.

#7563 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:35 PM

I think that's obviously too high. 

#7564 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,715 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Pau has been playing solid since start of February. I havent seen pau been aggressive and mad in years when he played against portland  

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#7565 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,715 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:07 PM

Maybe 3-6 Million is good enough. 

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#7566 The J Man

The J Man

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Name:Jamie Cox
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2014 - 11:41 PM

U guys obviously know a hell of a lot more than me but do we really wanna get rid of Pau??

Seems to be averaging over 20 points a game & always has double digit rebounds??

Surely if we kept him to add to Kobe, a decent draft pick & then the likes of Blazemore, Farmar, Henry etc we wouldn't have that bad a team if we kept injury free would we???

#7567 Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Guest_Chaos in Sanctuary_*

Posted March 04, 2014 - 11:53 PM

^ I say it depends on if the Lakers decide to go gung-ho with MDA next season. Pau be gon, his old fart legs can't be used to running so much in a beautiful offense such as this. 

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:02 AM

Bh8SxMzCUAA4QLW.jpg

trudell300_bigger.jpgMike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter  1h
Gasol had 29 points, 12 boards and 4 assists in the loss

5fe8fd74f552226a2483dc78ce761291_bigger.Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters  35m
.@MarkG_Medina asked Gasol what’s the ideal use of small lineups? "There’s no ideal. The word ideal is out of the question at this moment."

gradient_mcmenamin_dave_square_bigger.jpDave McMenamin ‏@mcten  1h
With 29 pts Tuesday, Pau Gasol passed Joe Dumars & Jerry Stackhouse to move into 90th on the all-time scoring list (16,425 points)

yo.

#7569 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,489 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:04 AM

U guys obviously know a hell of a lot more than me but do we really wanna get rid of Pau??

Seems to be averaging over 20 points a game & always has double digit rebounds??

Surely if we kept him to add to Kobe, a decent draft pick & then the likes of Blazemore, Farmar, Henry etc we wouldn't have that bad a team if we kept injury free would we???

The problem is that he's a bad fit in MDAs system and he's been declining on the defensive end to a degree that makes him too much of a liability with our current roster, which makes it difficult to justify paying him 10-12 million. 

The thing that's a bit crazy though is that you can say the exact same things about Kobe - he's a bad fit in MDAs system and he's been declining on the defensive end to a degree that makes him too much of a liability with our current roster, which makes it difficult to justify paying him 23 + 25 million.

The Kobe deal is done and unlike Pau, Kobe can adapt to any system and if we can put solid defenders around Kobe at the point and at the wing, i think we can make the playoffs next season. That should be possible.

The problem with Pau is that for him to be succesfull, he needs an all-world defender at the 4/5 to be succesfull - someone like Anthony Davis or Taj Gibson, which is close to impossible to get for the Lakers.

The only chance i see of Pau staying, is if we draft Embiid, Aaron Gordon or Noah Vonleh. That would give us a frontcourt defender that can cover up for Pau's shortcomings.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, March 05, 2014 - 12:06 AM.

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:12 AM

Pau Says Lakers Are Scrambling, There's No 'Ideal' Right Now

Pau Gasol said the Lakers are just scrambling out there. When asked about the ideal use of small ball lineups, Gasol says there is no ideal at this time.

yo.

#7571 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,776 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:13 AM

We are still barely a 8th seed team with that roster if even that. Drastic changes are needed to get this team good. 

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 01:06 AM

Little longer postgame here per L.A. Times:

yo.

#7573 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,419 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 05, 2014 - 01:07 AM

Pau has been the one benefiting the most from D'antoni's offense for the past 3 months now.    The ideal is that the offense runs through you to start and if you start to falter it shifts inside out and then it moves around the perimeter.  Wes is a stretch four now to keep people from 'double teaming' you in the post and giving you room to operate. 

Not that hard to figure out el spaniard. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7574 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Pau is going to cost us a chance at getting Exum.  :sick: Picking at 6-8 he won't be a option.

Edited by Mooninite, March 05, 2014 - 10:35 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#7575 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,213 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted March 05, 2014 - 11:29 AM

Pau has been the one benefiting the most from D'antoni's offense for the past 3 months now. The ideal is that the offense runs through you to start and if you start to falter it shifts inside out and then it moves around the perimeter. Wes is a stretch four now to keep people from 'double teaming' you in the post and giving you room to operate.

Not that hard to figure out el spaniard.

Obviously it isn't working... That's what he's getting at. The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

#7576 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,776 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Pau will re-sign with the Lakers at the right price .. I have a feeling it will be around 11-13 million ..

Thats not the right price. Divide that by 2 and subtract 2 more mill and then maybe. 

#7577 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,776 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Paus numbers are coming from padded stats in a season that doesn't matter. He has 0 pressure to win any games and he knows he cant be traded. He gets as many touches as he wants and can pretty much do whatever he wants. Anyone saying MDA is limiting him is bull[expletive]. 

Put pau on a team that's contending and has the pressure to win and he will fold like he has the last 3 years. Thats why in the beginning of the season he sucked but now when the season has no hope and he has no pressure he actually is doing well. This will not translate to next season.

Every season people keep saying, "Oh he's gonna get healthy and so and so will come back and he will play great again". This has been said for 3 damn years now. How many seasons are we gonna waste of this soft mopping loser. Lets finally move on and get younger, healthy and hungry players who aren't going to waste money and time. 

#7578 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,803 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 12:44 PM

Paus numbers are coming from padded stats in a season that doesn't matter. He has 0 pressure to win any games and he knows he cant be traded. He gets as many touches as he wants and can pretty much do whatever he wants. Anyone saying MDA is limiting him is bull[expletive]. 

Put pau on a team that's contending and has the pressure to win and he will fold like he has the last 3 years. Thats why in the beginning of the season he sucked but now when the season has no hope and he has no pressure he actually is doing well. This will not translate to next season.

Every season people keep saying, "Oh he's gonna get healthy and so and so will come back and he will play great again". This has been said for 3 damn years now. How many seasons are we gonna waste of this soft mopping loser. Lets finally move on and get younger, healthy and hungry players who aren't going to waste money and time. 

Players usually play better as the season progresses so theres on connection between Pau playing better and the Lakers ranking ...

You're just throwing shots at him for every reason you can think of.

#7579 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 05, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Players usually play better as the season progresses so theres on connection between Pau playing better and the Lakers ranking ...

Until the playoffs then he is nowhere to be found

#7580 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,653 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 05, 2014 - 06:56 PM

Until the playoffs then he is nowhere to be found

Since the last championship teams Lakers haven't been very good. They've had good records but sucked against elite teams/players. Even when we won it was by the skin of our teeth. Our decline was imminent.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users