• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#721 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:37 PM

I agree he is a good post player. When he takes it to the basket for a running hook or somthing like that his % is much better but allot of that is his fault. He gets his chances in the post but passes it out. He gets pushed out of the post a bunch because he's to weak to hold his ground thats why he hanges up at top where he just has to shoot. If he really wanted to post more he can. He is in the postion quite a bit especially when hill comes in for dwight. He needs to demand the ball inside. This has been getting worse every year. He just expects dwight to do all the grunt work.

Also helluva?? I have never seen someone spell it like that lol.

Lol don't ask me why but iPhone corrects it like that. It's bizarre.

But Pau is still valuable to teams lacking size. There aren't many good 7 footers out there with Gasol's skills.

He will bring back a good player or two. Who that is, I don't know. It will be closer to the deadline though so people losing their mind about Gasol are going to need to be patient a few more weeks

#722 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,846 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:37 PM

Neither Dirk or Love shot that last year. With Pau turning into a stretch-4 it isn't reasonable to assume he'll shoot any better than these guys.

Love also shoot 5 3's a game so of course that will hurt loves %. Pau is taking mid range jumpers. Big difference. Dirk actually would usually average around 47% for the past 7 season I believe(maybe not last year had an off year) but he also shoots 3 3's a game. Shoot in the low 40's is horrible for any type of player

#723 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:54 PM

The only saving grace for Pau is that I think people still thought highly of him before this season. All of the basketball news sites still highly rated him in the offseason in their rankings. Most still had him in the top 20. If that's the case, I think teams would still want him and think he can turn it around. He still had solid season numbers before this season.

His reputation is his only value right now.

Posted Image

#724 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:56 PM

I think Gasol needs to be in the 2nd unit, were he could play center. We shouldn't play Dwight and him at the same time. Jamison could probably be PF in the 1st unit?

#725 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,003 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think Gasol needs to be in the 2nd unit, were he could play center. We shouldn't play Dwight and him at the same time. Jamison could probably be PF in the 1st unit?

Why...in the world would we do that? We complain about Pau's defense but would throw Jamison out there? =p

Edited by Majesty, November 21, 2012 - 10:57 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#726 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:01 PM

Why...in the world would we do that? We complain about Pau's defense but would throw Jamison out there? =p

I understand your reasoning but I just want Gasol to work. He's a great player, just not in the position he currently is playing.

#727 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:34 PM

when he does play Center with the 2nd unit he doesn't post up. Whos fault is that? We can argue all we want but when he gets the minutes where he gets to be the primary post uption he isn't aggressive, heck Hill gets 2-3 post up scores a game and Pau rarely does that

Hes clearly in Lamar Odom territory now. You just hope he gets you 10 rebounds and minimizes the mental mistakes...didnt happen tonight 2/9 FG and 1/4 FT along with atrocious defense

And for a guy whos being praised all these years as a skilled center he cant make an open jumpshot...this is just getting ridiculous now. HE cant catch passes in a reliable manner anymore, way too many times he fumbles it.

http://hoopdata.com/...?name=Pau Gasol

His FG% is 42% at the rim, 16% from 3 to 9 feet, 17% from 10 to 15 feet. Lots of alarming stats. Hes not mobile anymore and neither is he a dependable scorer. Hes just a good rebounder and passer now thats it...which is what Lamar was to us

We can still win a championship with Pau playing this way because Kobe can be Kobe and Dwight can be Dwight in the big games. IF you get 2 All star level production out of your 2 best players, I think Ron and Nash are more than capable of filling in as your 3rd best scoring option and just letting Pau do the facilitating and rebounding (Which is exactly how we won in 2009 and 2010 with LO). Really sucks to say stuff like that for someone whos getting paid $19 mil a year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#728 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,003 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:39 PM

when he does play Center with the 2nd unit he doesn't post up. Whos fault is that? We can argue all we want but when he gets the minutes where he gets to be the primary post uption he isn't aggressive, heck Hill gets 2-3 post up scores a game and Pau rarely does that

Hes clearly in Lamar Odom territory now. You just hope he gets you 10 rebounds and minimizes the mental mistakes...didnt happen tonight 2/9 FG and 1/4 FT along with atrocious defense

And for a guy whos being praised all these years as a skilled center he cant make an open jumpshot...this is just getting ridiculous now. HE cant catch passes in a reliable manner anymore, way too many times he fumbles it.

His FG% is 42% at the rim, 16% from 3 to 9 feet, 17% from 10 to 15 feet. Lots of alarming stats. Hes not mobile anymore and neither is he a dependable scorer. Hes just a good rebounder and passer now thats it...which is what Lamar was to us

We can still win a championship with Pau playing this way because Kobe can be Kobe and Dwight can be Dwight in the big games. IF you get 2 All star level production out of your 2 best players, I think Ron and Nash are more than capable of filling in as your 3rd best scoring option and just letting Pau do the facilitating and rebounding (Which is exactly how we won in 2009 and 2010 with LO). Really sucks to say stuff like that for someone whos getting paid $19 mil a year

What I bolded was what was staggering

Edited by Majesty, November 21, 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#729 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,846 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:40 PM

Wow did not know he was that bad fromt that range. I was thinking like 30's maybe but wow

#730 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:53 PM

At the rim he's 72%, but he is still horrible from 3 feet and out. It should improve, once Nash gets back.

Honestly, before we have Nash and get an idea on how this offense is going to work it doesn't make sense to do anything. If it turns out that Pau still can't find his role, then he'll be traded. I think it's that simple.

#731 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,003 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 12:25 AM

At the rim he's 72%, but he is still horrible from 3 feet and out. It should improve, once Nash gets back.

Honestly, before we have Nash and get an idea on how this offense is going to work it doesn't make sense to do anything. If it turns out that Pau still can't find his role, then he'll be traded. I think it's that simple.

Our problem with Gasol has nothing to do with his offense in the grand scheme.

His offense is bad this year offensively but we'd be more forgiving if he showed ANY effort on the defensive end.

He's not just looking terrible on the offensive end this year but the defensive end! and it shows more than it ever has.

#732 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,823 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 12:39 AM

at this point, i think a scarecrow could defend better than pau

13z8pc6.jpg

#733 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 22, 2012 - 12:53 AM

Yeh Pau has honestly taken off since 2011 playoffs. Like he cant be bohered anymore.. For this reason I wish the CP3 trade worked out :(((((
Laker fan for life.

#734 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,003 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 01:05 AM

Yeh Pau has honestly taken off since 2011 playoffs. Like he cant be bohered anymore.. For this reason I wish the CP3 trade worked out :(((((

He doesn't take off in the Olympics, that's for darn sure. In the Olympics he'll dive for the ball and play with a chip on his shoulder.

NBA season rolls around weeks later and he's out of shape and if u get one step on him he lets you go by.

Pau coming into camp out of shape after being in the freaking Olympics should have been a red flag.

Edited by Majesty, November 22, 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#735 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 01:44 AM

I still think getting a wing and moving ron to PF makes us stronger.

If you can get a stud wing and solid bench wing or PG your set with this roster
Posted Image

#736 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 02:20 AM

Cmon Mitch...

#737 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 22, 2012 - 02:25 AM

:(

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#738 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,003 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 02:26 AM

Kobe on Tonight's game understands Dwight's play and criticizes Gasol's "laboring"

"Dwight’s used to running. He’s not in tip-top shape like he will be. Pau is used to kind of laboring up the floor," Bryant said after the game. "Kind of coasting a little. In this offense, you’ve really got to put the motor on the first few steps and get up the court."

Yep....

:(

it's nothing against him as a player, but you honestly can't say, looking at how he's been playing especially on the defensive end that we'll win it all if he continues along this way. Not even Kobe and a 100% Dwight could make up for the mismatches he creates because of his lack of defense as of late. It's just the reality of it.

He's a great person, but he's 'done' as a Laker if he continues the way he has been.

Edited by Majesty, November 22, 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#739 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,471 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 02:37 AM

In other news involving NBA big men, a source said Wednesday that Minnesota continues to pursue a possible trade for Lakers forward Pau Gasol, dangling rookie Derrick Williams, who is from the Los Angeles area, and draft choices. The only players considered untouchable by the Timberwolves, who are seeking to add a veteran by the trade deadline, are Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves believe it could be enticing for Gasol to play on the same team as fellow Spaniard Rubio.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Miami-Heat-Chris-Kaman-Minnesota-Timberwolves-Pau-Gasol-Los-Angeles-Lakers-trade-021512

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#740 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 22, 2012 - 02:39 AM

Who are they going to offer out of Love and Rubio -_-
Laker fan for life.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

9 user(s) are reading this topic