Photo

Pau Gasol Discussion

Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

• 40,604 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:56 PM

He isnt exciting he plays like crap and have a massive contract.

Just reading that, man.

yo.

#702 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:58 PM

Thing is i cant think of one trade that would actually benefit the team and would be realistic Right now we have no chance for Smith even in a 3 way. No GM would want pau. He isnt exciting he plays like crap and have a massive contract. Next maybe we can get something because his contract is ending and it would give a team cap room but we might want to go that route

Okay stop.

Yes he's playing bad but he's not trash like many of you make him out to be.

He's still one of the best skilled big men in the game and a team looking for size would gladly take him for this year, then have a huge expiring next season which they can let run out or trade him for pieces.

There's always trades to be made and our front office is one of the best at it.

#703 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,113 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 21, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Okay stop.

He's still one of the best skilled big men in the game and a team looking for size would gladly take him for this year, then have a huge expiring next season which they can let run out or trade him for pieces.

Pau for Josh Smith and DeShawn Stevenson(or Korver or Morrow) is fine with me.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#704 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:00 PM

Stop. Ew.

:bleh:

#705 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:03 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=8cbjnhr

#706 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Pau for Josh Smith and DeShawn Stevenson(or Korver or Morrow) is fine with me.

It was also fine with you to keep bynum longer and keep Brown :hmm:
Posted Image

#707 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:07 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=bf7y2ur

Ok actually this trade may be good.

#708 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Okay stop.

If you had never seen pau play before this season and just watched these last 12 games it would be obvious he is horrible. He has no idea what to do in defense. You can watch the why mike brown was fired where coach nick describes many many times why he horrible at defense. His offense is also horrendous. This whole skilled big man is getting old. What is skill if he sure doesnt show it. His god damn FG% is is in the low 40's. What 7 footer shoots that bad but is still called one of the most skilled big man. He was a great player but he is doing horrible this season. The guy is getting paid 19+ mill and all he can give us is this performance. The very fact that we are constantly wanting him traded just shows he is not the most skilled big man. He is not even close. Again used to be great but he has hit that tipping point where he is hurting us way more then helping and other teams see this. I would be compelty shocked if we actually got a decent player out of him.

#709 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,006 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Starting to change my stance on Gasol. Slowly.

If Atlanta offered Josh Smith and Morrow or Korver i'd be leaning towards taking the deal. Not sure Josh Smith is an upgrade or a good fit in the D'antoni system, but his friendship with Howard would increase Howard's chance of resigning. That is reason enough for doing the deal.

#710 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:12 PM

If Atlanta offered Josh Smith and Morrow or Korver i'd be leaning towards taking the deal. Not sure Josh Smith is an upgrade or a good fit in the D'antoni system, but his friendship with Howard would increase Howard's chance of resigning. That is reason enough for doing the deal.

smith won't get bullied in the post. doesn't have to necessarily fit the system.

#711 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:17 PM

We don't want Smith for Pau because of the offense.

We want Smith for Pau because it nets us a shooter for the bench and it also gives us an athletic 4 that can score, fights for rebounds and plays very good defense. So it helps our starting unit defensively and our bench offensively.

#712 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,006 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:18 PM

If you had never seen pau play before this season and just watched these last 12 games it would be obvious he is horrible. He has no idea what to do in defense. You can watch the why mike brown was fired where coach nick describes many many times why he horrible at defense. His offense is also horrendous. This whole skilled big man is getting old. What is skill if he sure doesnt show it. His god damn FG% is is in the low 40's. What 7 footer shoots that bad but is still called one of the most skilled big man. He was a great player but he is doing horrible this season. The guy is getting paid 19+ mill and all he can give us is this performance. The very fact that we are constantly wanting him traded just shows he is not the most skilled big man. He is not even close. Again used to be great but he has hit that tipping point where he is hurting us way more then helping and other teams see this. I would be compelty shocked if we actually got a decent player out of him.

Kevin Love and Dirk both are shooting less than 50 %, and they're among the best shooting big men in the world. It has something to do with the range you shoot from. Pau have been taking a lot of long 2s.
Regardless, his shooting should be higher.

#713 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:21 PM

didn't both just play their first games today, lol.

Edited by Paris, November 21, 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#714 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Kevin Love and Dirk both are shooting less than 50 %, and they're among the best shooting big men in the world. It has something to do with the range you shoot from. Pau have been taking a lot of long 2s.

Love and Nowitski are both known as three point shooters and stretch 4s. Love just is also a monster in the post and rebounder.

Pau is best known as a post player and passer.

#715 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Dirk has yet to play a games this season so his % is 0 and love played his 1st game today and went 12 for 25 with 34 points and 14 rebounds. So idk what stats you were referring too.

Pau is taking long range so much because he gives it up when he is in the post. He has his chances but he usually passes it out or gets pushed back out of the post and takes a jumper.I see him in the post lots of times but he never tries to post.

#716 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:25 PM

Also Im not saying he needs 50% but at least around 47%. That is completely reasonable.

#717 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:27 PM

Okay this is what bugs me about the criticism of Pau. Everyone loves to point to the FG% being low. That's great and everything but its very deceptive because of how he is being used.

Pau in this offense and in last years is now shooting jumpers and not playing in the post. If he is utilized like a prototypical seven footer in the post, his FG % is higher without a doubt.

In our system, the only thing he thrives at is passing. We don't need to be paying a player that much money to be a good passer and play crap defense.

He's not a bad player. He still puts up decent stats, but my problem with him is defense. And some fans will need to realize that if and when we trade him, the next player will not have the skill set Gasol does. Josh Smith for example is a helluva defensive player but we are going to want to stab our selves in the eye with a blade every time he shoots.

#718 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,006 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:28 PM

Also Im not saying he needs 50% but at least around 47%. That is completely reasonable.

Neither Dirk or Love shot that last year. With Pau turning into a stretch-4 it isn't reasonable to assume he'll shoot any better than these guys.

#719 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm siding with the Pau critics here he looks so bad out there to me right now

#720 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Okay this is what bugs me about the criticism of Pau. Everyone loves to point to the FG% being low. That's great and everything but its very deceptive because of how he is being used.

Pau in this offense and in last years is now shooting jumpers and not playing in the post. If he is utilized like a prototypical seven footer in the post, his FG % is higher without a doubt.

In our system, the only thing he thrives at is passing. We don't need to be paying a player that much money to be a good passer and play crap defense.

He's not a bad player. He still puts up decent stats, but my problem with him is defense. And some fans will need to realize that if and when we trade him, the next player will not have the skill set Gasol does. Josh Smith for example is a helluva defensive player but we are going to want to stab our selves in the eye with a blade every time he shoots.

I agree he is a good post player. When he takes it to the basket for a running hook or somthing like that his % is much better but allot of that is his fault. He gets his chances in the post but passes it out. He gets pushed out of the post a bunch because he's to weak to hold his ground thats why he hanges up at top where he just has to shoot. If he really wanted to post more he can. He is in the postion quite a bit especially when hill comes in for dwight. He needs to demand the ball inside. This has been getting worse every year. He just expects dwight to do all the grunt work.

Also helluva?? I have never seen someone spell it like that lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users