9329 replies to this topic

#621 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 17, 2012 - 09:34 PM

If you look at Gasol history...3 times in the playoffs with Memphis...swept all three times, and that was the young Gasol. Gasol won nothing until Kobe and PJ. When the going gets tough....the last two years in the playoffs Gasol disappears. And the last two years Gasol had good regular season numbers. Now, Gasol is a huge liability on defense as a pf. So if you look at Gasol he is a good player when it does not matter (except he is :turrible: defense all the time)........Gasol disappears when it matters most.
And without Kobe right now even with DH and Gasol where would the Lakers be.......Kobe is even better than than we all realize...he is carrying this team and has carried the Lakers for over 10 years. Gasol, Mitch and Jimmy owe everything to Kobe, without Kobe they are all nobody's.
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#622 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 17, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Probably from Synergy stats. Only media have access to that and hes part of the media

Ok...thanks...

I'd sign off Love/Williams for Gasol in a heartbeat. Would MINN? Herein lies the rub.

Greatest thing about the D'Antoni system? It INFLATES most players' trade value...the stats will look good even if the players don't.

Off Topic:

How about them Ducks and Cats getting knocked off? LOL...

#623 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 17, 2012 - 11:46 PM

I cant believe this was just 4 years ago. Look at how confidence he is, the strong finishes and his touch looks good from 5 to 10 feet. Not sure what happened hes just not the same player anymore.

Edited by MDI, November 17, 2012 - 11:47 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#624 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,324 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 18, 2012 - 02:24 AM

drew gooden in bulls dress aahahahahahahahahahah

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#625 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 18, 2012 - 03:10 AM

It's a long shot, but hopefully the T'Wolves lose a lot more to the point where Love requests a trade out of Minnesota. They are dealing with injuries obviously including Love, but the Lakers could make a serious run at him if he becomes available at some point.

Why would Minnesota want Gasol?

1. It would get them out of that big Love contract he signed recently

2. They would get Gasol the year before his contract year. Big expiring contract that can be run out for free agency or traded for pieces.

3. Pair Gasol with fellow Spaniard Ricky Rubio.

Hell maybe we can even get someone like Derrick Williams and bring him off the bench. It's a long shot but still a possibility

Problem with what your saying though is that Love is playing great basketbal and will for many year to come. I mean last season tis guy was putting up 26/13 and he's only 24.

They would be crazy to trade him for pau. The reasoning for having cap room also is crazy to because there is no player out there they could get better than love.

Also the whole rubio gasol thing I think wouldnt make a team get rid of one of the best players in the league for a average over paided big man who cant play defense.

There is no rational or logical reason a team would atually trade good players to us for gasol. His pay is too high and his performance is too low. also its not like he really draws a crowd so not gonna raise ticket sales much.

#626 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,324 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 03:43 AM

Seriously, am I the only one who still wants to stick with Pau even in dark times?

Thats kind of sad to me if I am really his only supporter here on this Forum! Wow...

But on the other side, its kind of thinkable because Im european so I give him a bit credit for that he is Spanish and I often went to Spain in the holidays...

Still does not matter the fac to me that he is still a good passer and why not letting him make his 10-15 points per game. I think in our lakers game today we dont really need him to contribute THAT MUCH as he did 3 or 4 years ago... he now has an other role in this offense ...but thats of course my opinion and I know im gonnga get a lot of hate because most of you dont like Pau anymore or dont accept his game anymore...

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#627 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,471 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 18, 2012 - 03:55 AM

Im not sure why people think Gasol is untradeable because of his contract. Sure, he has a big contract and he haven't been that good in these first few games, but he is still among the best and most versatile big in the league and he could be a valuable asset to many teams.

Also, just a few months ago he was almost taking the spanish national team to an olympic gold medal, and was clearly the runner-up MVP of the competition.

I hope we keep him, but i would not be surprised if we trade him for a package of players.

#628 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 18, 2012 - 05:19 AM

If the Lakers can't trade Pau, they can't improve the roster much. If the Lakers can't improve the roster much, this team isn't going anywhere.

The Lakers have a huge speed disadvantage at every position except C. The Lakers are going to get lit up by quicker teams as is.

Posted Image

#629 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted November 18, 2012 - 05:22 AM

If the Lakers can't trade Pau, they can't improve the roster much. If the Lakers can't improve the roster much, this team isn't going anywhere.

The Lakers have a huge speed disadvantage at every position except C. The Lakers are going to get lit up by quicker teams as is.

This is BS, are you telling me that a team that has Kobe, Dwight, Nash,Metta, Pau cannot do anything? I thought that was Mitch's plan...
Posted Image

#630 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 05:29 AM

This is BS, are you telling me that a team that has Kobe, Dwight, Nash,Metta, Pau cannot do anything? I thought that was Mitch's plan...

1-4 can't keep up with their men. I think elite teams with lots of quickness will be too much for the Lakers to handle.

OKC and Miami have a ton of it.

Posted Image

#631 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 18, 2012 - 05:38 AM

Don't mind him. He's mr. Negative nancy. He's one of the guys who'll always find something to whine about.
htCCl0m.png

#632 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 06:52 AM

This is what EVERYONE FORGETS ABOUT PAU GASOl
Posted Image

This is Paus averages in the playoffs the last few 4 years. Last 2 years shooting 42.5%? 12.5 ppg? 7 and 9 Rebounds? Really why are we paying him 20 million again? Look at 2010 Pau Gasol and 2011 and 2012 Pau.

2009 Pau shot 58% in the playoffs 18-11, 2010 Pau shot 54% and 19.6-11 big difference.

Edited by Lakers4Life, November 18, 2012 - 06:55 AM.

Laker fan for life.

#633 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,089 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 18, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Facts mean nothing to irrational people.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#634 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted November 18, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Facts mean nothing to irrational people.

Please Windu, you are one of the most irrational people here...
Posted Image

#635 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:50 AM

drew gooden in bulls dress aahahahahahahahahahah

Its a jersey....not a dress.

#636 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,089 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted November 18, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Please Windu, you are one of the most irrational people here...

See what I mean lol

Pau Gasol is GONE

#637 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't mind him. He's mr. Negative nancy. He's one of the guys who'll always find something to whine about.

Yeah, sorry I don't have have more faith in a 4-5 team with big wins over Detroit, Golden State, Sacramento, and Phoenix at home.

Posted Image

#638 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:29 AM

The thing that makes people hate Pau is that he could be the go to guy on any other team and is still skilled enough to be that but it's all in his mind and mentality

#639 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,324 posts

Posted November 18, 2012 - 11:55 AM

PSYCHO EFFECT

#640 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 18, 2012 - 12:18 PM

Those stats are misleading.

Those stats were with Pau/LO starting in the frontcourt and Bynum either injured or off the bench. Pau didn't have to work to get from the high post in, which is not his strength. When he gets good low post position early and often, he's effective and efficient...that's not going to happen a lot with Dwight starting at C.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)