#6061 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2014 - 08:10 AM

If we want to bamboozle another team in taking Pau Gasol, we should get GMs to read Danish's posts.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6062 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,861 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 07, 2014 - 09:56 AM

Miles Plumlee is injured? That's news to me considering he just played Sat night.  Len is a project player and was never set to be the starter this year.  I guess we don't see eye to eye on what improving is.  Giving up a trade asset for Pau to maybe win 3-4 more games vs using said piece to make a trade for younger more impactful guy that isn't a free agent risk makes more sense. 

You keep glossing over the fact that PHX does not need a player like Pau to be good. They need a hustler, a paint protector.  They are one of the top scoring teams.  The original comment about them 'needing shooters' lets me know you haven't paid much attention to their team this year. 

Replacing an injured player with someone who's putting up 16-10-3 should improve your team. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, January 07, 2014 - 09:57 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6063 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 07, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Miles Plumlee is injured? That's news to me considering he just played Sat night.  Len is a project player and was never set to be the starter this year.  I guess we don't see eye to eye on what improving is.  Giving up a trade asset for Pau to maybe win 3-4 more games vs using said piece to make a trade for younger more impactful guy that isn't a free agent risk makes more sense. 

You keep glossing over the fact that PHX does not need a player like Pau to be good. They need a hustler, a paint protector.  They are one of the top scoring teams.  The original comment about them 'needing shooters' lets me know you haven't paid much attention to their team this year. 

Plumlee isn't injured, but Alex Len and Okafor is. 

They do need a hustler and rim protector, but the fact of the matter is, that there's no-one willing to replace Okafor with a healthy rim protector at a price that can be a part of a trade. Pau is a possibility and while he doesn't help their defense much, he sure will help their offense. 

#6064 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,174 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2014 - 11:34 AM

Plumlee isn't injured, but Alex Len and Okafor is. 

They do need a hustler and rim protector, but the fact of the matter is, that there's no-one willing to replace Okafor with a healthy rim protector at a price that can be a part of a trade. Pau is a possibility and while he doesn't help their defense much, he sure will help their offense. 

Suns don't need help with offense. They're 8th in pace and FG%. And a big shooting 45% from the field doesn't necessarily help with offense. If anything, it takes time away from the younger players who have been playing efficiently.

#6065 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:05 PM

We need another lottery pick in this years draft. Trade whatever you can to get that lottery pick. Zach Levine and our pick (hopefully top 5).

#6066 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,983 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 07, 2014 - 02:21 PM

I really see value in this draft.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 03:43 PM

Lmao & naturally right away this thread gets bumped again. I figured it would obviously, but not this quickly. Y'all didn't hesitate one bit, lol.

yo.

#6068 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2014 - 09:46 PM

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Pau Gasol said he was attending the "Lion King" musical when he saw the (inaccurate) radio-station tweet that said he was traded.

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hakuna matata Pau, hakuna matata.

yo.

#6070 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 11:06 PM

Ok, so you dont see why PHoenix would do the deal. I disagree, but whatever.

However, the deal wouldn't necessarily be for Pau straight up. Include a third team, like Brooklyn. Pau goes to Brooklyn, Pierce to Phoenix and Okafor+pick to LA. Perhaps Detroit has buyers remorse from signing Josh Smith to that deal. Smith would be a nice fit with the suns, as well.

All i'm saying is that the Lakers should see if Pau can be turned into an expiring and a pick, and the Suns is one team that has some of the assets that we could use - Okafor's expiring and a lot of picks.

#6071 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,558 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:26 AM

PHX is a horrible fit for Pau. Just what they need is a 7' 0", slow as a slug, shooting a cool 44% big man. I wouldn't trade any 1st round picks for Pau. He isn't worth that.

Was Ryan McDonough brain bashed in when he was a kid, because that would be the only reason he would trade for Josh Smith. He is god awful at shooting, and loves to shoot three's even though he can't make them at any decent rate. Him and Bynum should be in the three point contest.

Len isn't injured anymore. He will start getting in the rotation.

Edited by Mooninite, January 08, 2014 - 03:38 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#6072 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:04 AM

@Lakerholicz: Rumors: Lakers looking to move Pau Gasol for an athletic power forward? http://t.co/1UcN3R5AqX

Idk how reliable the source is.

#6073 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:19 AM

@Lakerholicz: Rumors: Lakers looking to move Pau Gasol for an athletic power forward? http://t.co/1UcN3R5AqX

Idk how reliable the source is.

Yup. They also say that fish can live underwater without drowning. Can you believe that?

#6074 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:42 AM

An athletic Power Forward?   Like Malcolm Thomas that the Spurs made sure to keep past his contract date but are never gonna play him? 

yeah he'd have been nice.. wouldn't need to get rid of Pau either. 

But let's see.. other than the Kings what teams have an athletic power forward...

Aside from trying to trade Gasol for Love, though Idk if Minni bites on that.  

What else is there...

Well there's Amir Johnson in Toronto.   

West Coach pretty much did this deal earlier in the season where he sent over Pau and such to Toronto and took Novak's contract. 

How about this trade?  

http://espn.go.com/n...radeId=myatyba

This was West Coast's one btw

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=ms9brc7

Could see the Lakers going for something like this 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#6075 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:53 AM

Don't want Derozen or his contract. Ew.

If you can get a pick for Pau - do it. 

If our pick right now lands us a top 5, then we find ourselves with another 15-20 with a Pau trade, I'd be VERY excited on draft night.

#6076 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:55 AM

Don't want Derozen or his contract. Ew.

Interesting question though. 

Would you rather take Deng at 30 at 8 million for the next 2 years(which he wouldn't take and you'd likely have to pay him 10 or more) or would you rather take 24 year old Derozan at 9 million a year for the next 2? 

And I mean look... the free agency pool(currently unsigned) at PF/C ain't exactly awe inspiring ... 

POINT GUARD: Rodrigue Beaubois, Jamaal Tinsley, Keyon Dooling, Chris Duhon, Mike James, Royal Ivey, Malcolm Lee, Josh Selby, Scott Machado, Chris Smith 

SHOOTING GUARD: Shannon Brown, Richard Hamilton, Daniel Gibson, DeShawn Stevenson, Marquis Daniels, Jerry Stackhouse, Joey Graham, Josh Childress, Xavier Silas, DeAndre Liggins, Kelenna Azubuike 

SMALL FORWARD: Josh Howard, Mickael Pietrus, Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson, Shawne Williams, Hedo Turkoglu, Reggie Williams, Dahntay Jones, Lance Thomas, DeQuan Jones, Sasha Pavlovic, Devin Ebanks, Gary Forbes, Quentin Richardson, Lazar Hayward, Kris Joseph 

POWER FORWARD: Tyrus Thomas, Lamar Odom, Chris Wilcox, Drew Goodon, Kurt Thomas, Troy Murphy, Renaldo Balkman, Royce White, Dominic McGuire, Willie Reed, Brian Cook 

CENTER: Andrew Bynum, Marcus Camby, Jason Collins, Lou Amundson, Solomon Jones, DeSagana Diop, Kwame Brown, Hilton Armstrong, Fab Melo, Joel Pryzbilla, Melvin Ely, Dexter Pittman

Edited by Majesty, January 11, 2014 - 03:25 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#6077 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 11, 2014 - 03:35 AM

Still wouldn't want Derozen. Never bought into his style of play. He could be a solid role player on the right team, but I wouldn't pay him that kind of money for it.

And those names of currently unsigned players is useless information. What might be more useful is a list of unrestricted FA's for 2014, but I'm sure all of us have seen that list of Deng, Melo, ZBo. Nothing crazy intruiging there either.

#6078 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 03:56 AM

Still wouldn't want Derozen. Never bought into his style of play. He could be a solid role player on the right team, but I wouldn't pay him that kind of money for it.

And those names of currently unsigned players is useless information. What might be more useful is a list of unrestricted FA's for 2014, but I'm sure all of us have seen that list of Deng, Melo, ZBo. Nothing crazy intruiging there either.

How about Greg Monroe? 

#6079 J2theR_LAL

J2theR_LAL

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Name:Ismael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq.

Posted January 11, 2014 - 09:56 AM

sign Kwame and flip again for someone good?  :81:

#6080 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 11, 2014 - 10:40 AM

Losing with this roster is not surprising, and it would be tough for even the best of the best coaches to make this current Lakers team, a winning one.

But to continue getting blown out over and over again...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users