Starter

• 5,338 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 24, 2013 - 11:05 AM

Those 4 rebounds tho.

Must have been during garbage time.

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Pau played okay, nothing special. Had a period where Bosh was just absolutely destroying him making him look like a child after Jordan Hill had shut him down on the total contrary.

yo.

#6043 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,338 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:03 PM

That 2nd quarter where Pau couldn't defend Bosh ultimately led to Miami's momentum.

#6044 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,925 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:15 PM

I hate watching Laker games with family because they always have excuses for Gasol when I start blasting him.

HE JUST DOES NOT GIVE A [expletive] ANYMORE GET HIS ASS OUT

• 40,395 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:16 PM

My Pops used to tell me I was too harsh on him for a while until this season he finally had enough & even looked at me with a sad & distraught face as if he had given up himself. That was tough to see.

yo.

#6046 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:26 PM

That 2nd quarter where Pau couldn't defend Bosh ultimately led to Miami's momentum.

Its was tied in the 4th.

Our terrible defense lost us the game.

#6047 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,338 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:31 PM

Its was tied in the 4th.

Our terrible defense lost us the game.

I know. But we had a lead in the 2nd until those Bosh plays. 

Free throws, silly turnovers (Farmar in the 4th), and porous defense cost us the game. Had we improved on at least one category, we would have had a chance.

#6048 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2014 - 04:30 AM

Idea:

Phoenix get:

Gasol, Xavier Henry and Jodie Meeks

Why: Phoenix  already have 4 picks (all of them between 15-30) and could afford to trade one of them. This team could use a couple of shooters like Meeks and Henry, as well as a solid big in Gasol, to make a real run this year.

Lakers get:

Okafor, Gerald Green and a first round pick (least favorable of Phonix's own and Minnesota's first round pick owned by the Suns).

We get a draft pick, an exciting guy who can dunk and Okafor who may be signed for cheap this summer.

Who says no?

#6049 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,619 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 07, 2014 - 05:34 AM

I dont see how this benefits the Suns.  They don't need shooters due to being 7th ovr in % and 2nd ovr in 3's made.  Even if they did Henry is not a shooter and they have guys that can shoot as good as Meeks. 

Green is doing good for them and they some good bigs balling for them now.  You could make a case that Pau could help them but with them actually waiting for Len to get healthy, Plumlee in the MIP discussion and the Morris twins giving them production I just don't see how you would slide Pau in there.  Not to mention they are run and gun and are in desperate need in interior defense. 

Idea:

Phoenix get:

Gasol, Xavier Henry and Jodie Meeks

Why: Phoenix  already have 4 picks (all of them between 15-30) and could afford to trade one of them. This team could use a couple of shooters like Meeks and Henry, as well as a solid big in Gasol, to make a real run this year.

Lakers get:

Okafor, Gerald Green and a first round pick (least favorable of Phonix's own and Minnesota's first round pick owned by the Suns).

We get a draft pick, an exciting guy who can dunk and Okafor who may be signed for cheap this summer.

Who says no?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6050 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 06:43 AM

I dont see how this benefits the Suns.  They don't need shooters due to being 7th ovr in % and 2nd ovr in 3's made.  Even if they did Henry is not a shooter and they have guys that can shoot as good as Meeks. 

Green is doing good for them and they some good bigs balling for them now.  You could make a case that Pau could help them but with them actually waiting for Len to get healthy, Plumlee in the MIP discussion and the Morris twins giving them production I just don't see how you would slide Pau in there.  Not to mention they are run and gun and are in desperate need in interior defense. 

The basic idea of this trade is Okafor + pick for Gasol + asset. Who those guys are, doesn't really matter too much. 

If the Suns are serious about making a push this season, Gasol for Okafor, who isn't playing, would be a good move to make.

With 4 first rounders - none of them being in the lottery - they could afford giving up one of them. 

#6051 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,619 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 06:54 AM

Okufar like Pau is an expiring.  I still don't see how Pau makes sense for them. What does he offer at this point for that team in particular that Plumlee doesn't.  PHX main weakness right now is interior defense.  Pau doesn't fix that.  If they want to improve their roster they'd be looking to get a defensive guy that can run the floor and play defense on the block and in Pick and Roll.  PHX is in a place to where they have the luxury of winning and increasing interests in fans and other players to play there and falling out into the lottery and still getting value. 

The basic idea of this trade is Okafor + pick for Gasol + asset. Who those guys are, doesn't really matter too much. 

If the Suns are serious about making a push this season, Gasol for Okafor, who isn't playing, would be a good move to make.

With 4 first rounders - none of them being in the lottery - they could afford giving up one of them. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#6052 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2014 - 06:57 AM

okufur  :smh:

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#6053 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,619 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:08 AM

Guys have to understand that GMs aren't fans.  PHX Gm knows his team probably can't defeat a top seed in the teams state so why would he trade for Pau MIGHT could make them marginally better in order to get wiped out against at this point would be the Spurs?  Better to let Plumlee and Len develop them wasting a pick on Pau Gasol. 

#6054 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:25 AM

Okufar like Pau is an expiring.  I still don't see how Pau makes sense for them. What does he offer at this point for that team in particular that Plumlee doesn't.  PHX main weakness right now is interior defense.  Pau doesn't fix that.  If they want to improve their roster they'd be looking to get a defensive guy that can run the floor and play defense on the block and in Pick and Roll.  PHX is in a place to where they have the luxury of winning and increasing interests in fans and other players to play there and falling out into the lottery and still getting value. 

He offers them a starting caliber C to a team that only has an unproven and injured rookie who has played a combined 32 minutes and a second year player who, admittedly, have looked like he could develop into a rotation player. 

It also gives them an asset that can be used going forward in case they chose to move either Plumlee or Len and it gives them a chance to work out a sign-and-trade with a team this summer.

The filler could be someone like Frye as well, which would give them a lot of cap-room this summer. 

#6055 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:38 AM

Look, i know i'm grasping at straws but if we're plummeting and are looking at a top 8 pick, it would be awesome to combine that with a pick in the 15-20 range.

The dream would be to land Dante Exum AND Willie Caulie-Stein. That'd be pretty cool. Sign Deng for 10 million this summer and then K-Love in 2015. Bingo, championships. Or something.... 

#6056 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:52 AM

He offers them a starting caliber C

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6057 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:52 AM

Look, i know i'm grasping at straws

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6058 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,619 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:55 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what holes Pau cover up? They are 20-12 in an extremely deep West.  Pau doesn't cover what's holding them back, they also don't have a set core or roster in place.  A team that is young, developing and have no real core set would be stupid to trade away a pick for an aging player that may not even stick around.  On top of that you have to pay him big bucks to stay.  Their better off developing the guys they have.  Unless you can make the case that Pau makes them a contending team, trading for him wouldn't make a lick of sense. 

He offers them a starting caliber C to a team that only has an unproven and injured rookie who has played a combined 32 minutes and a second year player who, admittedly, have looked like he could develop into a rotation player. 

It also gives them an asset that can be used going forward in case they chose to move either Plumlee or Len and it gives them a chance to work out a sign-and-trade with a team this summer.

The filler could be someone like Frye as well, which would give them a lot of cap-room this summer. 

#6059 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 08:00 AM

Unless you can make the case that Pau makes them a contending team

I'd like to see someone attempt this...

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6060 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,445 posts

Posted January 07, 2014 - 08:07 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what holes Pau cover up? They are 20-12 in an extremely deep West.  Pau doesn't cover what's holding them back, they also don't have a set core or roster in place.  A team that is young, developing and have no real core set would be stupid to trade away a pick for an aging player that may not even stick around.  On top of that you have to pay him big bucks to stay.  Their better off developing the guys they have.  Unless you can make the case that Pau makes them a contending team, trading for him wouldn't make a lick of sense. 

Replacing an injured player with someone who's putting up 16-10-3 should improve your team. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)