#41 Superman

Superman

Rookie

• 69 posts
  • Name:Esai
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Id do pau for smith, his offense sure isnt an upgrade but his defense is what stands out. Too have howard, smith and world peace playing defense, sounds great too me. We have offensive options with nash , kobe nd howard.

#42 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,143 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:02 PM

With Nash, Kobe and Howard why do we need the 4th guy to rotate the ball? Obviously, 4th and 5th guys should either be able to hit the 3 or be athletic enough to cover our defensive liabilities / offensive liabilites (fast break)

#43 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:03 PM

Gasol Is not the problem... how we use Gasol is

#44 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Pau is not the problem. He was fantastic in Game 1, he got lost in the shuffle the last 2 games. He's played adequate defense on Aldridge and Blake griffin on back to back games. Hes playing 40 minutes every night, it shouldnt be happening

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#45 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,544 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Gasol Is not the problem... how we use Gasol is

This x100000

#46 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:19 PM

The biggest problem isn't Gasol, but the Lakers aren't going to get anything by trying to trade MWP or Blake. Heck, I doubt you find somebody that will straight up take them in a salary dump.

You gotta trade something of value to get something back.

Posted Image

#47 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Not really, I don't think Mike Brown wants him to shoot 3s from the baseline. I don't think Mike Brown wants him to pretend defending. Gasol has regressed. People need to accept this. Even you Spaniard.

I will accept something that makes sense, you should accept this...
Posted Image

#48 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:31 PM

The biggest problem isn't Gasol, but the Lakers aren't going to get anything by trying to trade MWP or Blake. Heck, I doubt you find somebody that will straight up take them in a salary dump.

Realistically, what are you going to get back if you trade those two? Before we got Blake, I think he had a positive reputation, but since he's been here, he's steadily regressed. The guy is scared to shoot...

MWP...has no trade value. The Harden elbow undid years of good behavior and now it's becoming clear that he's declining in skills too.
Posted Image

#49 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:33 PM

Lol people keep thinking this is NBA 2K pau for Smith? How about pau and blake for lebron?
Posted Image

#50 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted November 03, 2012 - 02:34 PM

Realistically, what are you going to get back if you trade those two? Before we got Blake, I think he had a positive reputation, but since he's been here, he's steadily regressed. The guy is scared to shoot...

MWP...has no trade value. The Harden elbow undid years of good behavior and now it's becoming clear that he's declining in skills too.

Yeah. That's what I'm saying in that post you quoted.

Edited by Japago, November 03, 2012 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#51 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,299 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:00 PM

That's an excellent question last stand.

I'm mystified by that myself.

#52 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Exactly. He is the only trade chip that can improve our team drastically. Pau will always put up good numbers statistically so he will always have value. The fact is we really need speed, defence, athleticism and 3 point shooting to be a true title contender. Only way we can get a quality player or players is by trading Pau. Ive always liked Pau but sometimes you have to sacrifice a good player for the overall betterment of the team. If we don't I'm not fussed but it will be difficult to upgrade our team otherwise. If Mitch can work his magic and improve our team by trading Blake,Duhon,MWP I'm all for it but that will be very very tough. Hope he can otherwise Pau is the most viable option.

#53 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:34 PM

I honestly think it wouldnt make a difference even if we got Lebron.
Posted Image

#54 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:34 PM

You are delusional if you think he is going to be traded after all that happened this summer.
If there is anyone that needs to be traded is Mike Brown. For the sake of Lakers champiionship aspirations? With Brown there are none.

Well if Pau doesn't start playing better then he'll follow Brown out the door too.

#55 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:42 PM

We should have shipped out Gasol back in the 2011 offseason. Gasol has never been the same player after the "Fiasco Trade" and he has actually regressed. He is still a very good player offensively but I think he is really struggling defensively. Nowitzki ate him alive in the 2011 playoffs and he couldn't even outplay Serge Ibaka in the last playoff series vs OKC.

The biggest need the Lakers have right now is athleticism and age: Pau is everything but an athletic, physical player, so it would make sense to trade him for young athletic PFs regardless of their offensive capacity. We've got Howard as our primary post threat then we only need a stretch 4 (Jamison) and also an athletic defender and rebounder (Josh Smith, for instance). Therefore, the best move the Lakers can make is to trade Pau Gasol for a young athletic PF AND get rid of MWP as soon as possible.

I'm a Spaniard, I'm a big fan of Pau but I realize his time in Lakerland has come to an end.

Edited by Nak, November 03, 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#56 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:59 PM

Pau will not be traded unless Dwight Howard publicly comes out and requests that he be traded...

#57 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:23 PM

why is gasol the fall guy even when he's playing pretty well

Look at the roster. He's the only real trade asset.

That said, I don't think "Gasol has been playing well" and "Gasol has to be traded" are necessarily mutually exclusive. I like him as much as anyone, but I think trading him might not be a bad idea, either. The bottom line is that this Laker team is slow, at virtually every position, and they do not have a coach who is smart enough to make their various strengths outweigh that.

Gasol has been playing well, but he is also not young, and paid extremely well. It might be possible to improve the team by trading him. ( I would rather fire the coach, but if that can't be done for some reason... )

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,225 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:25 PM

trading pau for josh smith just makes our collective B-ball IQ way less. i don't see anyone worth trading Gasol for
Posted Image

#59 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,399 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:58 PM

I would be glad getting Howard's best friend Josh Smith I was with it from the get go. Smith gets buckets, plays D, can run the floor, chances down PGs, young, blocking machine. Plus, he is pretty damn good in the pick and roll and pick and pop

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 03, 2012 - 05:17 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#60 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:26 PM

We'd upgrade defensively and downgrade offensively.

We have not even BEGUN to tap into Pau's potential in the P&R with Nash...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (2)