9329 replies to this topic

#5121 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 14, 2013 - 03:25 AM

Pau can't explode to the basket for some reason. A bunch of jump shots doesn't get anyone to the line. I hope he's not tanking so not to be traded. I know this, if Rambis doesn't get this defensive system rolling we're screwed. Kobe's not going to make that much of a difference with these teams attacking us in the paint. Seems only Wes and X are playing GOOD on the ball defense. And whats with Blake attempting all these pocket passes??? Crazy Turnovers

I'm amazed, but he got 27 shots and only 5 free throws.  Only made one so I doubt it'd have mattered.

#5122 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 14, 2013 - 03:45 AM

Only thing Kobe will do is get our guys easier shots.  On the defensive side in terms of wings, Wes is doing all he can.  5 blocks and 5 steals.  Wes leads our team in blocks, Xav leads us in steals, Jordan Hill is our best rebounder.

Those are our defenders, when Hill rotates to help against drives Gasol has to not get lost.

Jordan Hill can average 18/12 EASILY as a starter so I'm glad he's starting now, and people laughed when I said he was a better offensive rebounder than Faried -_-     

Anyway, we've got wing defenders, and we shut down the 3 tonight for the most part, we got killed on second chance points and points in the paint, and if Pau is disengaged on rotations and Hill is in foul trouble it's gonna be a long night.

I'm amazed the game was only within 4 with the free throw disparity, costly turnovers at the end and a noshow from Farmar so meh.

But Pau needs to be more efficient, if we get him 27 shots and 24 are at the rim he needs to hit at LEAST 17 of them(at the basket).  

The calls weren't on our side, as yes Gasol was obviously fouled on some of his misses and the nuggets got away with reaches all night that were called on us but it's still no excuse.

Pau needs to shoot 55% or better when we get him shots and touches like that.   Meeks also had a bad game but he's been fairly consistent but we know he's hot and cold.  Pau needs to shoot at least 55% from the post if we're gonna be successful.

As of right now the main guy that needs to step up imo is Jordan Farmar, and the main guy that needs to be more efficient is Pau Gasol.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5123 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,490 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2013 - 05:24 AM

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Pau's done.  I do believe he's in desperate need of a change of scenery with lower expectations for his abilities.  Pau could go somewhere else and avg 14/8 and the team would be happy and he could be an asset.  In LA too much is expected of him and fans just don't understand that players get older and it is what it is. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, November 14, 2013 - 05:24 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#5124 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 14, 2013 - 06:16 AM

To be perfectly honest, I don't think Pau's done.  I do believe he's in desperate need of a change of scenery with lower expectations for his abilities.  Pau could go somewhere else and avg 14/8 and the team would be happy and he could be an asset.  In LA too much is expected of him and fans just don't understand that players get older and it is what it is. 

The cries that Pau needs to "do more" are not realistic in my view either.  He can certainly give better effort and stop camping out at the at the top of the paint.  But fan demands that a slender, aging Pau will rebound better, jump higher, and be more explosive are just  rants and pure fantasy.

#5125 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 14, 2013 - 06:20 AM

I completely agree. Pau is not a #1 or even #2 option anymore and his defensive troubles are getting more and more pronounced, which is one of the reasons why he doesn't really work well with the Lakers in this system.

Put him in a system where he's an obvious 3rd option and where there are a couple of tough frontcourt defenders and he could really be an asset. Pelicans alongside Anthony Davis or the Bulls with Noah and Gibson are the two most obvious situations.

#5126 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,598 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:02 AM

I doubt it, he will get a contract in the NBA i'm sure.

I have no doubt. But question is if the contract will be much more than what FC Barcelona could offer

I honestly think unless a team like San Antonio or Miami comes calling or MAYBE Minnesota or Memphis

Then I think he'll just live comfortably in Spain and make money playing basketball over there

There is no way he will be able to make more money in Spain than in the NBA.
Posted Image

#5127 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:32 AM

I think Pau is playing like a big with no guards getting him easy shots.

His mid range has been off for 3 years now, which I don't get.

But he is still solid as an overall contributor , he Hill and Blake are playing at relatively high levels.

#5128 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:43 AM

Ship his butt out already. .whatever he can offer is not enough to be here

#5129 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,741 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 14, 2013 - 07:56 AM

Ship his butt out already. .whatever he can offer is not enough to be here

For what?
A worse player or slightly better with a horrible contract?

#5130 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 14, 2013 - 08:02 AM

A worse player 

Impossible

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5131 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 14, 2013 - 08:42 AM

I think Pau is playing like a big with no guards getting him easy shots.

His mid range has been off for 3 years now, which I don't get.

But he is still solid as an overall contributor , he Hill and Blake are playing at relatively high levels.

no he isn't.....he has been trash since 2011

#5132 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 02:24 PM

The cries that Pau needs to "do more" are not realistic in my view either.  He can certainly give better effort and stop camping out at the at the top of the paint.  But fan demands that a slender, aging Pau will rebound better, jump higher, and be more explosive are just  rants and pure fantasy.

No, a fan demands that if Pau gets 27 shots and 24 are from the post that he in the very least connect on 17 of the 24.  

It's not too much to ask for the 'most skilled big in the game'.   We ask that when he's posted up in an iso he doesn't try to throw a pass over two defenders for an alley oop when he could just back the guy down for a hook shot. 

It's not too much to ask that he not go to the same post move over and over again that doesn't work when he has several.

It's not a "be faster, jump higher etc"  A guy with his skill should still be able to score 20 in 17 shots.  

But when it takes you 27 shots to score 21 points  in the post as a center there is a problem.

Edited by Majesty, November 14, 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#5133 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,157 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 14, 2013 - 03:12 PM

But when it takes you 27 shots to score 21 points in the post as a center there is a problem.

He scored 25 points.

#5134 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 03:20 PM

then correction

"But when it takes you 27 shots to score 25 points  in the post as a center there is a problem."

#5135 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,157 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 14, 2013 - 04:06 PM

Not all his shots came in the post. Is say we wait to see what he looks like when Kobe comes back

#5136 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,721 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 14, 2013 - 06:42 PM

No, a fan demands that if Pau gets 27 shots and 24 are from the post that he in the very least connect on 17 of the 24.  

It's not too much to ask for the 'most skilled big in the game'.   We ask that when he's posted up in an iso he doesn't try to throw a pass over two defenders for an alley oop when he could just back the guy down for a hook shot. 

It's not too much to ask that he not go to the same post move over and over again that doesn't work when he has several.

It's not a "be faster, jump higher etc"  A guy with his skill should still be able to score 20 in 17 shots.  

But when it takes you 27 shots to score 21 points  in the post as a center there is a problem.

Please re-read my post instead of reading into it what you wanted.  We are actually in agreement for the most part.

#5137 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,015 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 14, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Pau was pretty much the same age and the same "slenderness" a few years ago. He's a bum.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5138 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 15, 2013 - 06:20 PM

Pau should die a Laker.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#5139 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 15, 2013 - 07:37 PM

Pau should die a Laker.

So, you're saying he should be put out of his misery?

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#5140 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,296 posts

Posted November 15, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Pau shooting a cool 39%

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol