All-Star

• 5,695 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 14, 2012 - 03:16 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=bgffqh9

How's this trade?

or http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=b5wkj3j for a filler SF

Edited by ツ  , November 14, 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#482 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 14, 2012 - 03:18 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=bgffqh9

How's this trade?

i dont like Jamison at the 3.....

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#483 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,695 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 03:18 PM

i dont like Jamison at the 3.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5wkj3j

what about this?

#484 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 03:28 PM

Pau for Deng and Hinrich . - Hinrich is so underrated , 2nd unit - hinrich,meeks,deng,jamison/hill,dwight/hill would not get outscored. maybe we can get Taj Gibson too....?

Pau and whoever for Jimmer/Thomas ,Thorton(i like thorton more than Evans)or Evans, Salmons/Johnson - i think Jimmer has all the skills to be as productive at the point as little Isaiah Thomas.. idk what 3 wings YOU want from SAC , but alot of their wings can score..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#485 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 03:30 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=b5wkj3j

what about this?

i know Klieza had a breakout year,,,,so this trade is a maybe,i dont love it tho..

id love Bargs and calderon - ya theyd suck on D, but, a healthy Dwight made ORL's D top 3 year after year, once he gets healthy man, i aint scurred!

#486 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 14, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Bench him to get his attention and trade by the all star break if no significant improvements, he will have a chance to prove his worth with Mike then we'll see. But youth is what is needed so.... No matador attitude get a Nadal transfusion, lol. Fight til the end!! And consistency please.

#487 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:14 PM

GCMD, you're telling me that Bargs is less like Gasol...so, your description is more like...a more aggressive Antawn Jamison? Gasol is the better defender, and he's not even that great.

Two, and three, years ago...the Raptors were the absolute worst defensive team in the NBA. What happened last season? Bargnani missed half of it, Calderon missed 13 of the 66, they added a VERY good defensive player in James Johnson, and they ended up 14th.

Bargnani and Calderon are a step backwards. They may provide us with offense, but we're turning into the old Phoenix Suns if we do that, and adding an offensive-minded coach that even stated he didn't put enough emphasis on defense...and then having Nash and Jamison in our lineup...we are going to be in the middle of the league on that end of the floor.

Even with Dwight, it doesn't matter, because teams will run us to death. That's the one way, and probably the only way (aside from foul trouble), to take Dwight out of the game on the defensive end.

Calderon's defense is worse than Nash's. I can't stress that enough. I have blasted Nashty for his defense for years, one of his biggest critics, even saying he didn't deserve one of his MVP's because of how bad he is on that end of the floor...but Jose is just insignificant out there. He would be the worst on this team, and if there were better ways to prove that (aside from stats that people don't care about), I'd put money on it that he would end up on the bottom of the list.

What is the obsession with shooters??? we have Nash, Kobe, and Dwight our offense is coo we need young defensive players we need to get Jae Crowder or other young defensive minded players

Yeah man, or E'Twaun Moore, who is BALLIN up in Orlando, or Gerald Green, who is all-star'ing it up with the Pacers. What about Nolan Smith? Man, we could get, maybe, John Jenkins...did you see what he did the other night? He's shooting 50% too...I mean, he's played just one game, scored six points, but you can just TELL the dude needs more playing time to be a star.

-_-

We are going to run an offense that requires shooters. Very few teams in NBA history have won a championship with a lack of shooters. Dwight Howard is not effective without them, because defenses (especially the great ones) can play 18 feet of floor, instead of 24 feet...and that extra six feet is significant.

Just having Kobe, Dwight and Nash doesn't make our offense "coo" or any better than what Miami puts out on the court (#1 in the league...and take a look at their shooters, paired with LeBron, Wade and Bosh).

You seem to think (and no, don't start whining about me putting words in your mouth...you SEEM TO THINK) that a team of D-Leaguers would contend for a championship, because they are young and athletic. You can't stick players on a team because they can dunk and run. There's a reason why most of the NBA champions, throughout history, are older and experienced...sometimes, even a bit slower (Mavericks, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Heat last year vs. a faster and younger Thunder team, the 2004 Pistons were mostly veterans, the dynasty Bulls, Houston's veteran teams, the old Celtics/Lakers/Pistons of the 80's, Philly with Moses and Erving, and that's ALL of the champs since then).

This isn't college basketball. The 2011-12 champion Kentucky Wildcats would be the worst team in the NBA. You need to realize that these two games aren't played the same.

#488 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:23 PM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5wkj3j

what about this?

:facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#489 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,219 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:32 PM

i'm interested what deal you think would be good for gasol real deal assuming he's worth being traded, honestly i look around the league and don't see much. a lot of teams have young developmental bigs or the contenders have bigs.

Edited by last stand 2.0, November 14, 2012 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#490 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,695 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:40 PM

:facepalm:

it seems pretty decent to me

#491 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:49 PM

i'm interested what deal you think would be good for gasol real deal assuming he's worth being traded, honestly i look around the league and don't see much. a lot of teams have young developmental bigs or the contenders have bigs.

why do we need another PF to really contribute right now?Jamison cant play the 3 ,and will play great with Nash.. id gladly take a PF to fill in Hill's role if he goes down,tho, like Gibson.. the only thing we need is A BENCH

#492 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,542 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 14, 2012 - 04:51 PM

it seems pretty decent to me

you post some of the worst trade scenarios I've seen.

#493 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,695 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 05:46 PM

you post some of the worst trade scenarios I've seen.

lol theyre just for fun

#494 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:13 PM

I think Pau's spot on the team is safe as long as he grabs 10 rebounds , plays good D and doesn't make too many mistakes. His scoring is not needed however he is required to not be a liability

If his D and rebounding starts to slip hes a goner.

I dont think he can average more than 15 a game and shoot 50% from the field that we're accustomed to...the frustrating thing is hes extremely talented and skilled and he cant make open shots at an adequate rate. Very frustrating

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#495 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:16 PM

I think Pau's spot on the team is safe as long as he grabs 10 rebounds , plays good D and doesn't make too many mistakes. His scoring is not needed however he is required to not be a liability

If his D and rebounding starts to slip hes a goner.

I dont think he can average more than 15 a game and shoot 50% from the field that we're accustomed to...the frustrating thing is hes extremely talented and skilled and he cant make open shots at an adequate rate. Very frustrating

With this teams bench giving us between 10-20 points a game. His scoring IS needed. Our bench is horrendous. Pau needs to score.
Laker fan for life.

#496 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,230 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:19 PM

I wonder if D'Antoni can get Pau to the championship level he was, If he can do that to Pau then we will be good to go.

Imagine,, a healthy Dwight and THAT Pau with Nash doing screen and Rolls

Oh boy

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#497 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:21 PM

Think of it
Kobe 25ppg
Howard - 15-20ppg
Artest - 10ppg
Nash - 10ppg
Pau - 10ppg?
Bench - 10-20ppg

= a total of 85-95 points a game is that really going to get it done?

Worst part is Artest and Pau are shooting at such an inefficient clip that their points are like a negative to this team. Especially Artest whos shooting something like 34% and takign 10 shots and Pau shooting 40% for 14 shots a game. Its not going to get it done.
Laker fan for life.

#498 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 14, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Gasol has talent/skills but lacks the tough mental makeup and tough physical attitude to be a great player. That's why when the going gets tough Gasol is missing in action. That is why in my opinion he needs to be moved.
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#499 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 14, 2012 - 07:14 PM

Think of it
Kobe 25ppg
Howard - 15-20ppg
Artest - 10ppg
Nash - 10ppg
Pau - 10ppg?
Bench - 10-20ppg

= a total of 85-95 points a game is that really going to get it done?

That's assuming that Howard and Nash aren't going to score more in an offense that caters to them. In addition to that, once Dwight and Nash hit the spot with P&R, Gasol will average more than ten a night.

2012 Heat - 98.5 PPG
2007 Spurs - 98.5 PPG
2006 Heat - 99.9 PPG
2005 Spurs - 96.2 PPG
2004 Pistons - 90.1 PPG

Teams can win championships scoring under 100 PPG...they just have to play defense. A team's scoring is higher or lower not just because of their ability (or inability) to score, but also because of their pace. If a team plays slower, using up the clock, they can still be one of the best teams in the NBA...and most efficient scoring teams...without putting up 100 every night.

Right now, the Lakers are averaging 96.5 PPG. That's with us playing six games without Nash.

EDIT: Gasol is already averaging 13.8 PPG, so yeah.

#500 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted November 14, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Unless you get a significant wing player to play next to Kobe and complimentary 4 I wouldn't trade Gasol
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users