#4641 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,828 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 26, 2013 - 09:30 PM

How far did Gasol take the Grizzlies as the main option?

How far did Dwight take Orlando as the main option?

Enough said.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4642 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 26, 2013 - 09:36 PM

Enough said.

Yea but Pau didn't have a guy like reshard Lewis like Howard did. Don't forget that. How do u think that man got a 22mil salary?

#4643 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2013 - 10:01 PM

Enough said.

So combined they form the Megazord?

Also who the ass revived this silly thread?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#4644 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,828 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yea but Pau didn't have a guy like reshard Lewis like Howard did. Don't forget that. How do u think that man got a 22mil salary?

Which everybody says he didn't deserve. Because it became very apparent that without Dwight spoon feeding him wide open threes he wasn't anywhere near deserving of that type of money.

Dwight like Kobe drew defensive attention to the max and because of that was able to make a lot of people look good. People that when away from the Magic look like what???

Exactly. Got to give Howard credit for spoon feeding those guys wide open shots, how do they fare without him?

Exactly. Unless you think RaShard Lewis was deserving of that big contract that he should send Dwight flowers every Christmas for.

#4645 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:17 PM

Which everybody says he didn't deserve. Because it became very apparent that without Dwight spoon feeding him wide open threes he wasn't anywhere near deserving of that type of money.

Dwight like Kobe drew defensive attention to the max and because of that was able to make a lot of people look good. People that when away from the Magic look like what???

Exactly. Got to give Howard credit for spoon feeding those guys wide open shots, how do they fare without him?

Exactly. Unless you think RaShard Lewis was deserving of that big contract that he should send Dwight flowers every Christmas for.

Not saying that Dwight didnt help them get some easier shots over the course of a game. But you act like that team that made it to the finals against was all Howard. Hedo did a lot of the ball handling and came up big for them when they needed to someone to create a shot. Hedo was their go-to guy on the perimeter. Reshard was unstoppable with his shooting and just flat out making shots.

#4646 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Actually Rashard Lewis was offered that dumb ass contract BEFORE he even played a single game with Howard.Orlando way overpayed for his services. Why? Because Rashard Lewis was THE only good Free Agent on the market at the time and Orlando the next year was going to be "Paying" for Howard. So they offered Lewis this dumb ass max superstar money just to ensure they have a "good player". 

So I dont see why you guys are saying Howard allowed Rashard to get that amazing contract... 

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2932827

Here is the link

Edited by Lakers4Life, February 26, 2013 - 11:30 PM.

Laker fan for life.

#4647 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,828 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:41 PM

Ah yes I remember that sign and trade now. The 110 million dollar contract to pair wit Dwight.Z

Wrong on thsat front Dwight isn't the reason he got it. But right on the front that he didn't deserve that contract or that money and his subsequent fall off after the 2009 season showed this because the maigic let courtney lee and hedo turkuglu go because they had to keep Lewisa.

Even so, he didn't get that contract because he was a max contract player. Which is the point I want to make anyway.

The fact of the matter is, Dwight lead an Orlando Magic team by himself to the NBA finals(with no Jameer Nelson either)

Gasol never made it past the first round till he became a Laker.

So if we are gonna play the max contract game yes Dwight is deserving of it. Any player that LEADS a team to the finals is a max contract player. Period.

#4648 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,313 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:58 PM

A 3-time DPOY going into his prime is a max-player.

Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what will happen with Pau this off-season.

Amnesty/trade/keep him? What about MWP? Clark? Jamison?

My idea: Fire D'Antoni, hire Brian Shaw as the head-coach and hire Phil Jackson as the VP of basketball-operations and let them decide.

#4649 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:05 AM

I look at it like this, if you're really good and you sell tickets, you deserve a max contract. Dwight is a BIg national story and the Laker LOVE being in the limelight. I think we have an incredible chance of making a run at two more max contract player around him like Durant and Kyrie orJennings and Love or Josh Smith and shooters

#4650 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,828 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:12 AM

Of that list I think only Durant and Kyrie are max players. Kyrie is gonna be a Laker one day anyway :D

#4651 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,313 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:15 AM

I look at it like this, if you're really good and you sell tickets, you deserve a max contract. Dwight is a BIg national story and the Laker LOVE being in the limelight. I think we have an incredible chance of making a run at two more max contract player around him like Durant and Kyrie orJennings and Love or Josh Smith and shooters

I hope you're right, but for the Lakers to do this, they need him to be in LA. For Dwight to re-sign i think we need to fire D'Antoni.

#4652 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:27 AM

My idea: Fire D'Antoni, hire Brian Shaw as the head-coach and hire Phil Jackson as the VP of basketball-operations and let them decide.

Oooooooook... if you've got PJ as your VP, let's go ahead and make him coach as well, yeah?

B Shaw can be an assistant.  Then we're golden.

#4653 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,313 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 12:59 AM

Oooooooook... if you've got PJ as your VP, let's go ahead and make him coach as well, yeah?

B Shaw can be an assistant.  Then we're golden.

I'm not sure PJ wants to coach again and what he brings to the table is more about handling egos than Xs and Os, which he can do in a VP-position. Brian Shaw coach after the same principles as Phil, has the respect of Kobe and would be an excellent coach for the Lakers. Just look at the Pacers this season - they're doing very well and it is in no small part due to Shaw.

I think the problem is Jim Buss and his ego. If Phil is hired, he would have to work close with Phil, which he may not want to. On the other hand, Jim Buss isn't the only Buss deciding things and if the rest of the family see Jim going down the "wrong path" i think they'll put Jeannie Buss in charge.

Another point: Jim Buss have done a good job so far!

Last season, Mike Brown was hired because the Lakers needed a defensive identity. It was a decent hire, but obviously didn't work out.

Many people thought D'Antoni was a good hire as well, including Jerry Buss (RIP), Mitch K, many people in the media, on this forum as well as myself, but he proved to be too D'Antoni-ish. Jim Buss also managed to land Dwight and Nash. Managed to turn D-Fish in Jordan Hill and Luke Walton into Ramon Sessions. He is actually a pretty good guy to have in the front office as long as his ego doesn't get the best of him.

#4654 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:06 AM

I think if the thunder do t win a title within the next two years that wb or kd will be moved

#4655 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,828 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:07 AM

He also landed us Chris Paul and was gonna land us Dwight Howard right after.

#4656 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:11 AM

He also landed us Chris Paul and was gonna land us Dwight Howard right after.

I'm gonna act like you

How can u say that? Your "slick" attempt at trying to say that we got cp3 was a nice try buddy because we DON'T have cp3. IF YOU'RE GONNA PUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT PUT THE WHOLE STORY!

#4657 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,828 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 01:22 AM

We got CP3 the guy Stern put in charge signed off on the deal and CP3 was on a plane to Los Angeles.

It was a move that would have put the Lakers under the salary cap and made it very easy to sign Dwight as well while still staying under the tax.

Buss and Kup had mastered the new CNBA the day it came out.

Other GMs got pissed and whined at Stern.

Stern nixed the deal.

That's the whole story.

Buss got us CP3, Stern nixed it.

That's the whole story and my point is still correct, I don't have to change the story or try to act like my initial point was different unlike some people :)

Your attempt at being me when I bust you on your "going back on points" tactics has failed as well.

I would say nice try but that was just sad :)

That's the problem with KnowitAll's

They think they know it all :)

Edited by Majesty, February 27, 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#4658 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 27, 2013 - 06:47 AM

U mean without Roids Lewis is no good. Nothing to do with D12. He put up #s with Sonics b4 D12

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#4659 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:34 AM

We got CP3 the guy Stern put in charge signed off on the deal and CP3 was on a plane to Los Angeles.

It was a move that would have put the Lakers under the salary cap and made it very easy to sign Dwight as well while still staying under the tax.

Buss and Kup had mastered the new CNBA the day it came out.

Other GMs got pissed and whined at Stern.

Stern nixed the deal.

That's the whole story.

Buss got us CP3, Stern nixed it.

That's the whole story and my point is still correct, I don't have to change the story or try to act like my initial point was different unlike some people :)

Your attempt at being me when I bust you on your "going back on points" tactics has failed as well.

I would say nice try but that was just sad :)

That's the problem with KnowitAll's

They think they know it all :)

Lol why do u argue with stuff that isn't even that serious? I'm not arguing with you dude, I'm just saying that you blasted that guy for no reason at all. If someone posts something that's not ur opinion, you blast them. There are opinions other than yours.

#4660 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:40 AM

I think the plan should be for the Lakers to trade Pau and Nash in the offseason. It's all about the future for this team.

Nash isn't part of the future. He's older. I thought he should have been traded at the trading deadline. He's still playing well, so I think he could've drawn interest.

Hopefully people are right about expiring contracts. I personally think they're overrated by themselves. But, Pau's is a pretty big one. If the Lakers can get rid of Nash first, the Lakers can afford to take in a big money long contract while still having room for a max contract.

I think it's important to have something in place already to try and entice Dwight into staying. The 2014 FA plan is nice, but the Lakers really don't have a plan beyond that.

Get a nice player or two to play with Dwight in the future this off-season while keeping enough room for a max in 2014.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2), Bing (1)