9329 replies to this topic

#4521 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:26 AM

I really think Mitch should move Pau to Minny for Peck and fillers. Today!
I can't see why Minny would decline - it's not like they're going anywhere this season anyway so they'd be better off tanking and Pau's injury isn't serious in the long run if he goes into surgery. Also, they might even lose Peck this summer, if a team makes a high enough bid on him.
Why wouldn't they do this trade?

#4522 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,778 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:33 AM

^I like your idea, but I wouldnt do the trade if I am Minny's GM. Pau's skills and 19m contract have no appeal to me, unless I want the cap space for a run at someone in 2014. We will find outi if the GM or Rubio really runs the team I guess.

#4523 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,344 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:51 AM

Pau cant be traded right now because he is injured right???

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4524 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:51 AM

^I like your idea, but I wouldnt do the trade if I am Minny's GM. Pau's skills and 19m contract have no appeal to me, unless I want the cap space for a run at someone in 2014. We will find outi if the GM or Rubio really runs the team I guess.

I'm not really sure what the best basketball move would be for Minny - probably keep what they have and hope no-one overpays for Peckovic this summer. But, they do have K-Love locked up for a long time and Rubio on a long rookie-deal and getting Pau may actually be a good idea for them. I hope.

#4525 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Pau cant be traded right now because he is injured right???

You can always trade an injured player as long as the other team is willing to waive the physical. I think.

#4526 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,907 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Wait, you can't see why Minnesota would trade useful healthy players for a guy that may not play again this season?! Love is already injured, why would they further cripple themselves by adding another injured player?

Really, you seriously think Minnesota would deal for Pau right now? OK...

Pau, if traded at all, won't go anywhere until the summer.

#4527 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Am I the only one who would trade Gasol for Garnett? Its clearly a better deal for Boston and helps them next year when Rondo returns and Pau gets healthy again. For us, Garnett fits much better next to Dwight, plays good D, and would really help out our team THIS year. Kobe in his last interview expressed his urge to win this year, and that he doesn't have 3 years to wait as Dwight suggested. Nash-Kobe-Clark-Garnett-Dwight would shut down people on D, and MWP could help lead the second unit as a stretch 4
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#4528 fido

fido

• 10,907 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Wait, again, Rondo is out for the year, why would Boston trade a healthy, helpful player for another injured player?!

What is going on around here?

#4529 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:41 AM

The numbers are staggering when combing through them: his lowest points per game (13.4), lowest field goal percentage (45.3%), lowest true shooting percentage (50.7%), lowest field goal attempts (11.4), lowest rebounds per game (8), 2nd lowest total rebound percentage (13.2), lowest usage rate (20.1), and lowest free throw percentage (70.6%). Across the board his numbers are down in nearly every facet, all adding up to the lowest PER of his career at 15.9. The last time, and only other time, Pau Gasol was under a 20 PER was his rookie season, and even then he was at 19.5.

http://www.silverscr...ightmare-season

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4530 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,325 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:42 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=be9t3mr

“It’s all on what they plan on doing,” said Pierce. “If they try to go into a rebuild mode, then, you know, I don’t know if I want to be a part of that. But that’s up to them and what they need to do. I don’t want to go out on a rebuild mode.

“I want an opportunity to at least try to win another championship, simple and plain. And if that’s not going to be here — if that’s going to be somewhere else — so be it. That’s what it has to be. I mean, even the greatest players played for other franchises.”

Twilight Zone Lakers.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4531 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Not likely Pau is traded but if he is, it's to a team that's looking to get a top 5 pick this year and package it with Pau for something HUGE. That's how I'd rebuild if I were a team like the Bobcats, Pelicans, Kings or Wizards. Pau's gonna have much more trade value in the summer when he's an expiring contract and they can use him and the pick to aquire MULTIPLE pieces in a trade since he makes 20mil.

I can see a team rationalizing trading for Pau now...just don't see what they have to offer us that would make it worth our while.

#4532 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 07, 2013 - 01:46 PM

With the deadline coming up, a lot of things aren't in our favor anymore (weren't really, to begin with, but at least we had a few options).

Currently, Boston is rolling without Rondo...5-0, I believe. Players are more motivated, the sense of urgency is there, and a big part of that is Garnett's defense. Boston can't trade any key piece right now, not while they are playing this way.

Yeah, Memphis is likely to make another trade, but let's be honest: with John Hollinger on board, do you think the Grizzlies are going to trade for a player who is, statistically, hitting a major decline in his career?

Atlanta may or may not want to keep Josh Smith, but that's irrelevant right now. They know that Lakerland is full of drama, and many question marks surrounding Dwight's stay. It makes little sense to trade Josh Smith to LA by the deadline, UNLESS he comes out and requests that trade, specifically. Otherwise, Atlanta will trade him to another team, or keep him until season's end, hoping that they can look good enough to lure Howard back over to the Eastern Conference and into a Hawks jersey.

Why would Denver trade us their primary scoring option for Pau Gasol? Well, it could make sense, because Gallo is owed a grand total of $42 million over the next four seasons (including this one), ending in the summer of 2016...with no team options. Gasol does come into Denver as their center, replacing Koufos...but defense is one of Denver's problems, and Gasol won't solve this. The Nuggets are the 4th best passing team in the NBA (so they won't need Gasol for that) and the 2nd best rebounding team (so much for that)...so does it really make sense to bring in Gasol? Maybe the 2009 Gasol.

Houston has no reason to make a trade with us until the offseason, because they are set and ready to go after Dwight and Bynum. A Gasol trade would screw that up.

Minnesota dealing Love to us does nothing for this season, as we are focused on bringing Howard back. Would they try and satisfy Rubio's passion to play with one of his mentors? Sure, if they didn't have him locked up for at least two more seasons after this year...but by then, Gasol will be considering retirement (or will be retired, at this pace), and what would keep Rubio around once his contract expires? I'll agree that a trade to Minnesota is more likely than anywhere else, at least right now, but they won't deal Kevin Love yet.

If Utah thinks Gasol provides veteran leadership, and they are worried about not being able to pay one of their bigs (Millsap) in the future, maybe conversations develop there, but a Gasol-for-Millsap (or Favors) trade smells too good to be true at this point.

#4533 fido

fido

• 10,907 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Millsap would be a coup, doubt it could happen right now.

In fact, no Pau deal will happen until the summer. Unless a team is into trading active players for inactive (which would be and is bizarre), or Charlotte wants to part with a first rounder or two.

#4534 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think Wizards could be an ideal trade partner for Pau trade even with Pau's current condition.

Pau + Ebanks for Okafor + Seraphin + Jordan Crawford doesn't look bad.

#4535 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,697 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 07, 2013 - 02:14 PM

Where is logic from the people that a team would actually take pau right now. Before it was almost impossible being that his contract sucks and he sucks but now you think a team will take him just to sit on the bench for the rest of the season. lol. No trade until offseason.

#4536 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Where is logic from the people that a team would actually take pau right now. Before it was almost impossible being that his contract sucks and he sucks but now you think a team will take him just to sit on the bench for the rest of the season. lol. No trade until offseason.

Well. Here is a bit of my logic.
Regardless of which market you are at, it is often a good idea to be either contending for a championship OR to try and win the lottery. Everything in between sucks and many fans can accept tanking to some degree, if they sense a clear direction of the front office. Some teams could use Pau's experience and post-scoring as well as his presence in the locker-room to mentor younger players.

In Minnesota's case, they actually have many of the pieces needed to make a strong push next season. But they're close to the cap and Peck is a restricted FA and will get a lucrative offer somewhere that might force Minny to let him go or overpay and perhaps not be able to re-sign Budinger. Another point is that they have a superstar who is unhappy in K-Love, but since he is a superstar they wouldn't be so stupid as to trade him, unfortunately.
What they could do would be to trade Peck, Derrick Williams and a couple of heavy contracts for Pau and few fillers. This would give them a solid core of Pau-Love-Rubio, they could resign Budinger and they could probably persuade a guy like Calderon to sign next season as well. That would be a very solid team, who could make some noise in the west.

Another team could be Washington. They're not doing anything this season either and neither Okafor or Ariza are big parts of that team going forward, so why not make a deal here? Okafor and Ariza for Pau and Ebanks would work.
Next season Washington would be able to start Pau-Nene-Webster-Beal-Wall, and if they get lucky in the lottery and Wall/Beal starts to come into their own, it could be the start of something interesting in Washington.

#4537 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:56 AM

Yes Milsap would be a coup. Consider we almost got him for Odom when Lamar asked to be traded before sending him to Dallas for the exception we were gonna turn into Beasley but then eventually turned into Nash.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4538 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,474 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:13 AM

Peckovic and Love are happy in Minnesota for some reason. Balls.

#4539 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:38 AM

We should be really trying to move MWP over anything lmfao.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#4540 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:08 AM

As others have said, no Gasol deal is getting done till summer. No one is going to trade for an inactive player with an albatross of a contract.

I wish we'd move MWP and/or one of our PG's, but I still believe no one wants him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (4), Bing (1)