9329 replies to this topic

#4401 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 03, 2013 - 10:46 PM

As much as Windu hates Pau, im 100% sure he doesn't want that guy, and we will all shoot ourselves if he ends up here...

Careful netlord. I got chewed out by Windu and got called a liar for using the term "hate" in trying to describe his attitude towards Pau.

#4402 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,656 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 03, 2013 - 11:36 PM

Careful netlord. I got chewed out by Windu and got called a liar for using the term "hate" in trying to describe his attitude towards Pau.

I know he hates him as a player not as a person. It's ok.
Posted Image

#4403 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 02:18 AM

As much as Windu hates Pau, im 100% sure he doesn't want that guy, and we will all shoot ourselves if he ends up here...

He already said he'd be cool with it in this thread lol

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#4404 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,656 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:45 AM

He already said he'd be cool with it in this thread lol

Well, that would change in just one game.
Posted Image

#4405 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,067 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:48 AM

I don't care how Pau leaves LA...as long as he actually does leave.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4406 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:03 AM

NIce to see Pau playing well in these last few games - it should make it easier to trade him.

Still hoping for that Pau for Kevin Love deal. Perhaps throwing in Earl Clark could get it done.

#4407 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Pau has been killing it, would have certainly lost the past 2 games and a majority of the previous 7 without him playing well. Howard is definitely the Lakers best player, when not injured, but I don't know if I would be so quick to hitch my wagon to someone who is so indecisive and injury prone of late.

#4408 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,754 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:25 AM

^Yeah but Pau is a shadow of the player that the Lakers traded for 5 years ago. He has had 2 "good" games in a row, the trade deadline is approaching ... seems like the right moment to screw the Wolves to me.

#4409 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:31 AM

The wolves aren't going to give Love for Gasol, I haven't seen a single report suggesting that they would.

#4410 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:38 AM

The wolves aren't going to give Love for Gasol, I haven't seen a single report suggesting that they would.

No, they probably wouldn't. But there are some reports saying 1) K-Love is unhappy and is going to leave as soon as he can and 2) that Minny would like to add Pau, if possible, because of his relationship with Ricky Rubio.
I know this is wishful thinking, but if Lakers offered Meeks, Clark and Pau for Love and a couple of bad contracts, perhaps they would bite?

#4411 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,754 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:43 AM

^I am thinking more like some combo of D Williams, Pekovic, Kirelenko, Barrea. Doubt they will part with Love for what we have to offer.

#4412 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,656 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:46 AM

No, they probably wouldn't. But there are some reports saying 1) K-Love is unhappy and is going to leave as soon as he can and 2) that Minny would like to add Pau, if possible, because of his relationship with Ricky Rubio.
I know this is wishful thinking, but if Lakers offered Meeks, Clark and Pau for Love and a couple of bad contracts, perhaps they would bite?

They are not trading Love, let's be realistic.
Posted Image

#4413 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:11 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=by8kw7s

We get two defensive minded players, and also get rid of Pau!!!

#4414 Nightmare

Nightmare

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:28 AM

There are also reports of Howard being unhappy and leaving as soon as he can which would be this summer. He would also like to play with his buddy Deron Williams, does that mean we should trade him for Brook Lopez? If Minesotta wants to trade Kevin Love they can get SO much more in return than Gasol. Never gonna happen.

#4415 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:20 AM

^Yeah but Pau is a shadow of the player that the Lakers traded for 5 years ago. He has had 2 "good" games in a row, the trade deadline is approaching ... seems like the right moment to screw the Wolves to me.

Agreed, though it wouldn't surprise me if Pau started to play well if united with Rubio.

I'm still of a mind that we'll will hang on to Pau until the offseason though. With Dwight's uncertain health, Hill being out, and Pau being worth more in the offseason, it does make sense.

#4416 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:44 AM

Pau on his play good enough to avoid getting traded.............He'll revert back to the soft Pau after the trade deadline

He pulled this same stunt last season

Edited by CTE WORLD, February 04, 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Free The Wave

#4417 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,754 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Agreed, though it wouldn't surprise me if Pau started to play well if united with Rubio.

I'm still of a mind that we'll will hang on to Pau until the offseason though. With Dwight's uncertain health, Hill being out, and Pau being worth more in the offseason, it does make sense.

Your logic is sound, I am just impatient, wanting to see him move on and get some meaningful players in return that can help yet this year.

#4418 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 04, 2013 - 12:38 PM

There are also reports of Howard being unhappy and leaving as soon as he can which would be this summer. He would also like to play with his buddy Deron Williams, does that mean we should trade him for Brook Lopez? If Minesotta wants to trade Kevin Love they can get SO much more in return than Gasol. Never gonna happen.

Where are these reports? lol

#4419 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:12 PM

He still thinking this is 2012. Dwight is over playing with Deron.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4420 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 04:07 AM

A report from the Sporting News yesterday indicated that the Clippers and Celtics had engaged in talks about a possible Kevin Garnett trade. Even with Rajon Rondo and Jared Sullinger out for the year, a Garnett trade appears unlikely, considering he negotiated a no-trade clause into his most recent contract in hopes of retiring as a Celtic. Still, a couple more updates relating to the Clippers/C's rumor surfaced since yesterday, so we'll round those up right here:

• Garnett will not waive his no trade clause unless Paul Pierce is also dealt, a source tells Shaun Powell of Sports On Earth (on Twitter). Even then, he would only give his consent to a deal that puts him in Los Angeles since he lives in Malibu. That would mean a deal to the Clippers and not the Lakers since there's no match for a deal there.
  • According to Broderick Turner of the Los Angeles Times, the Clippers aren't pursuing Garnett and haven't even had any conversations with the Celtics' front office about a potential deal that would include Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler.

I wouldn't mind getting KG for Pau.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users