• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#421 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,635 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:39 PM

C'mon guys, Pau is the ultimate glue-guy.

Dont judge him just based on his final miss. Metta wasn't in position and damn near made the shot. Had he made it, this thread would have been mute.

41% shooting is why im pissed at him

#422 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Calderon + Bargs for Pau would benefit both teams. Not to mention, it would lower the value of the OKC's Toronto Pick

Then again, I've yet to see Pau play under Pringles

Edited by alec613, November 13, 2012 - 11:04 PM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#423 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:33 PM

Hey remember when he had the ball at the top of the key took them to the basket and got fouled...

Yeah Pau can do that WHENEVER he wanted. The fact he doesn't is what makes us facepalm.

This so much. Its Pau he plays soft like 80% of the minutes he gets when we know he can do much more.
Laker fan for life.

#424 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:38 PM

@Majesty @lakers4life , i dont think Pau can go to the basket whenever he wants. especially like he did, he put the ball on the floor from 20 feet out and got to the hoop,,,thats not Paus game.. Pau should be able to dominate in the post, but we dont get him the ball enought there. instead the majority of his shots are jumpers, and this is why hes shooting such a bad % this season - his role on offense is more of a guard's role right now, mostly jumpers and a few post ups,,,,sounds like kobes role..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 13, 2012 - 11:38 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#425 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,733 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:49 PM

@Majesty @lakers4life , i dont think Pau can go to the basket whenever he wants. especially like he did, he put the ball on the floor from 20 feet out and got to the hoop,,,thats not Paus game.. Pau should be able to dominate in the post, but we dont get him the ball enought there. instead the majority of his shots are jumpers, and this is why hes shooting such a bad % this season - his role on offense is more of a guard's role right now, mostly jumpers and a few post ups,,,,sounds like kobes role..

it's not that we don't get him the ball in the post, it's the fact he rarely goes to the post and rarely spins to the basket and when he gets post he doesn't fight for the position and winds up pushed out to the three point line and looks to pass.

When metta gets in the post he gets the ball pounds it and gets to the basket. WHY can't Pau do this?

Wait a minute.. HE CAN.. and has done it countless times before. Pau could get any shot he wants over any type of defense. THAT is how skilled the guy is, so when he's out there lollygagging it's why it makes fans so upset

Edited by Majesty, November 13, 2012 - 11:50 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#426 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:51 PM

I think Pau might be on quite a decline here on offense. There seems to be an erosion of post up and scoring skills

Dude is taking 3.5 shots per game from 3 to 9 feet and hes shooting 12% from the field...WTF

http://hoopdata.com/...?name=Pau Gasol

From 10 to 15 feet...shooting 20% (43% last year)
From 16 to 23 feet...shooting 35% (43% last year)...takes almost 5 shots per game from this distance

His passing looks good, his 1 on 1 defense looks good, his rebounding looks good, Im just not sure we can count on this guy for scoring anymore, kind of like Lamar. You just hope he gives you 10 rebounds, plays good defense and minimizes his mistakes

All year last year and even this year, this guy is not posting up when hes the best player with the 2nd unit. Hed gladly pass it into the post to MWP or Hill or Jamison and just float outside

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#427 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,733 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:52 PM

I think Pau might be on quite a decline here on offense. There seems to be an erosion of post up and scoring skills

Dude is taking 3.5 shots per game from 3 to 9 feet and hes shooting 12% from the field...WTF

http://hoopdata.com/...?name=Pau Gasol

From 10 to 15 feet...shooting 20% (43% last year)
From 16 to 23 feet...shooting 35% (43% last year)...takes almost 5 shots per game from this distance

His passing looks good, his 1 on 1 defense looks good, his rebounding looks good, Im just not sure we can count on this guy for scoring anymore, kind of like Lamar. You just hope he gives you 10 rebounds, plays good defense and minimizes his mistakes

All year last year and even this year, this guy is not posting up when hes the best player with the 2nd unit. Hed gladly pass it into the post to MWP or Hill or Jamison and just float outside

if he wasn't making 17 million it wouldn't be as big a deal imo to bring him off the bench. Unless we resigned him to be a bench player like we did Lamar. But we'll more than likely trade him for Josh Smith and Anthony Morrow if the Hawks are that stupid :P

#428 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:54 PM

calderon and bargani , or calderon and derozen and sign kmart. pau is done here. i was a big fan,but hes done HERE, he is not DONE(period) tho.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#429 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 13, 2012 - 11:59 PM

He refuses to post up whenever he has the opportunity. It's mind-boggling how he's become allergic to playing out of the post in the last three years. Makes zero sense to me. When we see him playing Olympic ball with Spain he's completely fine dominating the low block but once the season begins he's back to shooting jumpers as a first resort. Horrible. No excuses about spacing either, Dwight Howard is not Shaq-sized and neither was Andrew Bynum the two seasons prior. It's all mental and it's becoming a serious drag.

Let's see if D'Antoni can jump-start him somehow. If not, I'd like to see him gone by the deadline. We can't have a $20M contract for a guy who's playing like a roleplayer most nights.

#430 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,733 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:01 AM

He refuses to post up whenever he has the opportunity. It's mind-boggling how he's become allergic to playing out of the post in the last three years. Makes zero sense to me. When we see him playing Olympic ball with Spain he's completely fine dominating the low block but once the season begins he's back to shooting jumpers as a first resort. Horrible. No excuses about spacing either, Dwight Howard is not Shaq-sized and neither was Andrew Bynum the two seasons prior. It's all mental and it's becoming a serious drag.

Let's see if D'Antoni can jump-start him somehow. If not, I'd like to see him gone by the deadline. We can't have a $20M contract for a guy who's playing like a roleplayer most nights.

yes, Artest is actually a "roleplayer" and he's been playing better than Gasol which is shocking. Artest is statistically having his best year as a Laker and his best defensive numbers(thus far) than he's had since 2008. While Gasol has suffered a 10% drop in field goal percentage and like I said before a LOT of it has to do with effort. it's saddening.

#431 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:10 AM

yes, Artest is actually a "roleplayer" and he's been playing better than Gasol which is shocking. Artest is statistically having his best year as a Laker and his best defensive numbers(thus far) than he's had since 2008. While Gasol has suffered a 10% drop in field goal percentage and like I said before a LOT of it has to do with effort. it's saddening.

um, metta is shooting 38% from the field and 32% from 3. id love to have your back on this argument tho.. trade pau..

#432 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,733 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:33 AM

um, metta is shooting 38% from the field and 32% from 3. id love to have your back on this argument tho.. trade pau..

metta is shooting 38% as a 40% career shooter.

#433 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:35 AM

metta is shooting 38% as a 40% career shooter.

hes underperforming too..

#434 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:36 AM

Take away two games where he was red-hot against doormat teams and he's shooting a paltry 18/63 (28% from the field) after tonight's game. That's with him averaging 10+ FGA per game (his highest as a Laker), further solidifying his net negative impact on the offensive end.

#435 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:36 AM

I find it funny that when Gasol was forced to play full time center he wouldn't mind posting up. But then when he was able to play a portion of his minutes at PF (since 2010-2011 really) he got too happy in the high post (probably because of a lack of physical play) and ever since then has been content shooting (or rather bricking) jumpers. Even when he does slide up to center in the second unit, he still plays soft, although he goes to the post a bit more then.

At this point, if we're going to have him shoot jumpers, might as well get a legit stretch four. His passing would have been useful in the triangle/princeton, but with D'Antoni at the helm it makes less sense.

#436 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,733 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:39 AM

hes underperforming too..

}

he's actually headed towards having his best year as a Laker thus far and is already scoring more ppg than he has since 2008-2009 when he was a Rocket and he's the 4th/5th scoring option on this team and he's headed towards having his best year as a Laker thus far. So yeah

Edited by Majesty, November 14, 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#437 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:42 AM

}

he's actually headed towards having his best year as a Laker thus far and is already scoring more ppg than he has since 2008-2009 when he was a Rocket and he's the 4th/5th scoring option and he's headed towards having his best year as a Laker thus far. So yeah

i think hes going to have his best year as a laker. but right now if his booboo stats indicate that, thats not good.

#438 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,733 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:44 AM

i think hes going to have his best year as a laker. but right now if his booboo stats indicate that, thats not good.

he's the 4th/5th option on the team in terms of scoring and he's headed towards having his best year I think that's a good sign. It's Pau I'm worried about with his 10% drop in field goal percentage and all around disinterest.

#439 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:47 AM

he's the 4th/5th option on the team in terms of scoring and he's headed towards having his best year I think that's a good sign. It's Pau I'm worried about with his 10% drop in field goal percentage and all around disinterest.

i think 45% shooting from the field and 35% from 3 would be a good sign, his offense now, not so much of a good sign, imo..

#440 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,733 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 12:55 AM

i think 45% shooting from the field and 35% from 3 would be a good sign, his offense now, not so much of a good sign, imo..

he hasn't shot 45% or anything close since 2004 and that's because he only played 7 games.

Actually the one time he shot 45% was in the 2007-2008 season in the, you guessed it, Princeton offense with the Sacramento Kings =p

Since then he's always shot in the 40% range and he's shooting 38% thus far so he's not far off his mark and he's averaging more points than he has as a Laker thus far, more steals too. So we'll see. But he's having one of his better years thus far and his best as a Laker so far so that's all a good sign.

Like I said, Ron's game is BETTER while Pau's is getting worse. This is the bigger issue imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)