#4241 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:00 AM

[expletive] the celtics

And we need to get rid of MWP and Pau hopefully we can make a trade with Detroit and send MWP to the pistons in exchange for Knight and send Pau to Portland for Batum and Hickson

#4242 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:06 AM

^Would you take either of those deals if you were the GM of one of those teams?

Debbie Downer

#4243 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:42 AM

My jaw would drop if the Celtics traded Bradley. He's an incredible perimeter defender, and will be a Tony Allen (if he's not there already) in a couple years.

#4244 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,557 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:52 AM

^Celtics have many of the same problems we do. Core players are mostly old or injured (or both), big contracts, big egos. Bradley is one of those types of guys you build around rather than trade. Not a franchise player but real solid. At least the C's have some picks over the next few years, so they are in a bit better shape I guess.

Debbie Downer

#4245 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 09:00 AM

So Memphis is now out of the question. The rumor about the Grizz being interested in pairing the two brothers up...no point now, since they've acquired Ed Davis.

Toronto is also going to be off our list as well, because Calderon is history, and they aren't trading Lowry (just brought in his good friend Rudy Gay, and pairing players that have great relationships together is what Colangelo does...see Calderon/Garbajosa, Bosh/Ford, and Bargnani/Belinelli). And thank the basketball gods for that, because I'd literally cry if we brought that defensive matador here (Bargs).

There really isn't much out there.

I am VERY confident that Josh Smith will be traded.

Pierce and Garnett aren't untouchable, and I wouldn't be shocked if LA and Boston actually call each other up, just to see where they stand.

Houston is coming off a bad month, Harden is slowing down, and they did show interest in Gasol last year...but they don't have much in salary to make something happen. They CAN absorb around $10 million, I believe, but they'd have to trade Harden, Lin, OR Asik (their three biggest contracts, at around $5-6 million right now) with another player, and there's no way they do that for Gasol.

I read that the Pacers would consider trading Granger for an expiring. He would do a better job at the three than Ron, that's for sure.

You always have Minnesota interested...pretty sure they would be as long as they have Rubio. It won't be for Love, though, even if he was healthy and on the block.

Philly won't take a big man from us ever again.

Sacramento could be intrigued, and I would love for them to give up a disgruntled Evans and Thomas Robinson (hope they already gave up on him), but that would probably draw a few laughs. Cousins won't be in LA, since we have Dwight (who is three times the player...Cousins is a waste of talent).

Finally, Utah is still hauling around four bigs, three that want more playing time...Millsap, Favors and Kanter (Jefferson the other big). There's no doubt I'd be interested in Millsap or Favors...but I see no reason for them to bring in Gasol, since he's also a big man who is already whining about his playing time.

I don't know. Three-fourths of that is borderline wishful thinking.

maybe the lakers can use Minnesota as a 3rd team to grab millsap. I think Utah may be willing to part with him for Williams and barea and a pick. we can take millsap
Posted Image

#4246 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 10:06 AM

My jaw would drop if the Celtics traded Bradley. He's an incredible perimeter defender, and will be a Tony Allen (if he's not there already) in a couple years.

I know, Bradley is pretty much untouchable, but i think they would be interested in trading both Lee and Green, who have been underperforming. Both would be very nice fits in a D'Antoni system and both can defend extremely well.

#4247 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,557 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 10:09 AM

I know, Bradley is pretty much untouchable, but i think they would be interested in trading both Lee and Green, who have been underperforming. Both would be very nice fits in a D'Antoni system and both can defend extremely well.

If they can defend, why would DAntoni need them? :bleh:

Debbie Downer

#4248 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted January 31, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Josh Smith of course.

I wouldn't mind Ryan Anderson

also wouldn't mind Granger may be Granger and Mahinmi

Still wouldn't mind getting Tony Wroten either

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, January 31, 2013 - 10:19 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#4249 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:26 PM

Have the lakers and celtics ever traded with one another?

#4250 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:28 PM

Payton
Laker fan for life.

#4251 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:29 PM

[expletive] the celtics

And we need to get rid of MWP and Pau hopefully we can make a trade with Detroit and send MWP to the pistons in exchange for Knight and send Pau to Portland for Batum and Hickson

Ron artest to the pistons for Brandon knight. Are you high
Posted Image

#4252 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:47 PM

The Lakers Holding The Line: With the Lakers finally putting together a winning streak, panic in Laker-land has started to die down. League sources peg the Lakers as doing due diligence on trades, but that they are not being overly aggressive about anything including moving Pau Gasol.

Gasol isn’t happy about his new role coming off the bench, but he has said publicly and privately that he’d rather be a Laker than be traded and it seems the Lakers agree with him.

Sources close to the process say the Lakers continue to talk about Gasol deals with teams, but that they basically understand that moving him would net them pennies on the dollar for Gasol’s talent. It is clear Pau Gasol doesn’t have much of a future with Mike D’Antoni; however the Lakers don’t have enough assets to just give away Gasol to move him.

The general thinking is as long as things are progressing and everyone can live with each other, the Lakers look like they are going to hold the line on major change.

The more likely scenario is that Gasol will be moved in the off-season after the Lakers have re-signed Dwight Howard and when their roster would allow them to pull off three-for-one kinds of deals without eating contract dollars and could afford them the chance to shed some luxury taxable salary.

If the season falls apart any worse than it has or the Lakers slide out of the playoff picture before the trade deadline, things could be fast tracked, but it looks like the Lakers plan to hold firm at the deadline, or at least that’s how it looks 22 days out.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworl...2iXZr5umJFbf.99

#4253 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Move MDA then [expletive] him
Posted Image

#4254 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:54 PM

lets see if mitch can pull something out in 21 days!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:09 PM

Eliza Dushku's man.

yo.

#4256 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Gary Payton for Chris Mihm in 04

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4257 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:29 PM

Read more at http://www.hoopsworl...2iXZr5umJFbf.99

This is pretty much what I expected.

Makes the most sense. We all want Josh Smith but I don't think that's available. Could change, but Pau will most likely find a new home this summer.

#4258 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,841 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:49 PM

if we don't replace Gasol/MWP we are FOR SURE not making the playoffs.

ap1.png

#4259 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:53 PM

if we don't replace Gasol/MWP we are FOR SURE not making the playoffs.

Most likely scenario imo.

#4260 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,360 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:04 PM

finally an update!

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol