Photo

Pau Gasol Discussion

Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#4221 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:38 PM

The Lakers have just declined so drastically on defense that I don't know if a single player can help this team.

Pau's help D may have been awful, but the perimeter defenders on our team have to keep them from getting into the paint at times. They couldn't do that either at the end.

The Suns are one of the worst teams in the NBA, and one of our levels of defense should have been enough to beat them.

Im guessing Pau didn't even rotate correctly when drivers were lead to him.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4222 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Pau's performance on that court tonight was PATHETIC!..

Time for him to GO!!!
Free The Wave

#4223 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Pau-thetic!

#4224 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Im guessing Pau didn't even rotate correctly when drivers were lead to him.

Good defenders can stay in front of their men completely some of the time instead of just funneling them to help D all the time. Beasley finished at the rim and got open jumpers all night.

The fact that the Lakers can't defend without help D is a problem.

Edited by Japago, January 31, 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Posted Image

#4225 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:31 AM

Pau played okay as the 6th man, but when Dwight went down, his interior D again fell short, with the Beasley clincher.

#4226 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:16 AM

Dave McMenamin
A lakers fan tried to go at a media man saying they instigate things by asking questions(never mentioning Gasol's name_) this was the response

@mcten
@RealWilliamCarr Pau knows what he's doing when he makes those statements. There is no instigating. We don't trick him. We ask, they answer

This is VERY telling. The guy brings up drama and never says Pau's name yet this media guy obviously first thought goes to Pau.

If this guy who works at time warner thinks anything related to drama first thouight goes to Gasol it shows what the mentality is.

Gasol is a distraction right now.

#4227 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,699 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:29 AM

pau is making me sick the last days!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4228 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:41 AM

He needs to go, I am honestly more convinced than ever at this point. 2 or 3 games of an average performance won't offset these more-than-occasional lackluster efforts that cost the Lakers games.

#4229 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,699 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:46 AM

yesterday he looked so weak with his performance on the court!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4230 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:24 AM

He should have been traded in the 2011 offseason. One year and a half later, Mitch refuses to ship his ass out of LA. Where is the "Fire Mitch" thread?

Edited by Nak, January 31, 2013 - 04:25 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#4231 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:37 AM

He should have been traded in the 2011 offseason. One year and a half later, Mitch refuses to ship his ass out of LA. Where is the "Fire Mitch" thread?

Are you serious? Hawks turned down Mitch's offer trying to get Josh Smith.

Not to mention you don't have any idea what deals Mitch has turned down lately for Gasol. If it doesn't work for the team he won't do it.

But I doubt Mitch would say no to a good deal if he can move Pau for good pieces.

Just because it isn't fast enough for you doesn't mean. "Fire mitch" thread needs to happen. Trades are a two way street and you have no clue how hard or not he's working.

Calm down. :)

#4232 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,287 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:39 AM

^ No. He is right. Pau should have been dealt right after that nixed trade fiasco.

#4233 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,163 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 05:06 AM

^ No. He is right. Pau should have been dealt right after that nixed trade fiasco.

Problem is it didn't makle sense to trade Gasol for anything that wasn't huge. Cause we'd have had to depend on guys like Murphy and Kapono and such and we saw how that panned out. Mitch wasdgonna replace that first and he did but he stayed loyal. Complain all we want 17 and 10 wasn't bad for a season playing out of position.

However THIS year is completelly different. He's gotten everything nearly he wants but can't seem to face the fact he isn't the same player. And questions the team strategy that won them 3 straight because he sat the 4th of ONE of those games!

His bad attitude, inability to back up his pre game talk and his "I"m a competitor but I'm not gonna go out there and EARN my spot back" attitude is what's hurting us AND our chemistry.

And oh yeah his lack of attempt of defense when Metta lead Beasley to him 3 times was laughable.

#4234 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 31, 2013 - 05:49 AM

So Memphis is now out of the question. The rumor about the Grizz being interested in pairing the two brothers up...no point now, since they've acquired Ed Davis.

Toronto is also going to be off our list as well, because Calderon is history, and they aren't trading Lowry (just brought in his good friend Rudy Gay, and pairing players that have great relationships together is what Colangelo does...see Calderon/Garbajosa, Bosh/Ford, and Bargnani/Belinelli). And thank the basketball gods for that, because I'd literally cry if we brought that defensive matador here (Bargs).

There really isn't much out there.

I am VERY confident that Josh Smith will be traded.

Pierce and Garnett aren't untouchable, and I wouldn't be shocked if LA and Boston actually call each other up, just to see where they stand.

Houston is coming off a bad month, Harden is slowing down, and they did show interest in Gasol last year...but they don't have much in salary to make something happen. They CAN absorb around $10 million, I believe, but they'd have to trade Harden, Lin, OR Asik (their three biggest contracts, at around $5-6 million right now) with another player, and there's no way they do that for Gasol.

I read that the Pacers would consider trading Granger for an expiring. He would do a better job at the three than Ron, that's for sure.

You always have Minnesota interested...pretty sure they would be as long as they have Rubio. It won't be for Love, though, even if he was healthy and on the block.

Philly won't take a big man from us ever again.

Sacramento could be intrigued, and I would love for them to give up a disgruntled Evans and Thomas Robinson (hope they already gave up on him), but that would probably draw a few laughs. Cousins won't be in LA, since we have Dwight (who is three times the player...Cousins is a waste of talent).

Finally, Utah is still hauling around four bigs, three that want more playing time...Millsap, Favors and Kanter (Jefferson the other big). There's no doubt I'd be interested in Millsap or Favors...but I see no reason for them to bring in Gasol, since he's also a big man who is already whining about his playing time.

I don't know. Three-fourths of that is borderline wishful thinking.

#4235 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,246 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:41 AM

If we some HOW acquire Smith, I hope we get Korver. He will be great offensively for passing Kobe.

Edited by Gotrings?, January 31, 2013 - 06:41 AM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#4236 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:42 AM

This guy looks at the ref for a foul before he even goes up to take a shot.
To Live and Die in L.A

#4237 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,556 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Two GMs who spoke to Ric Bucher of 95.7 The Game believe there's "no chance" that Kevin Garnett plays the final two seasons of the three-year, $36MM contract he signed this past offseason (Sulia link). The executives believe the 36-year-old won't be able to coax any more out of his aging legs, and wouldn't want to hang around as an albatross to the Celtics. The GMs also aren't expecting any team to take him on in a trade, given his outsized salary, though only $6MM of his $12MM for 2014/15 is guaranteed.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4238 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,287 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Problem is it didn't makle sense to trade Gasol for anything that wasn't huge. Cause we'd have had to depend on guys like Murphy and Kapono and such and we saw how that panned out. Mitch wasdgonna replace that first and he did but he stayed loyal. Complain all we want 17 and 10 wasn't bad for a season playing out of position.

However THIS year is completelly different. He's gotten everything nearly he wants but can't seem to face the fact he isn't the same player. And questions the team strategy that won them 3 straight because he sat the 4th of ONE of those games!

His bad attitude, inability to back up his pre game talk and his "I"m a competitor but I'm not gonna go out there and EARN my spot back" attitude is what's hurting us AND our chemistry.

And oh yeah his lack of attempt of defense when Metta lead Beasley to him 3 times was laughable.

We had a package of Luis Scola + Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic in front of us and we didn't even look at it.

Just good job.

#4239 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 07:36 AM

The Celtics and Lakers really should give each other a phone call, even though they're rivals. I think both teams would agree that it's preferrable to hate each other in the finals, rather than both being out of the playoffs and both teams actually have pieces that could complement each other.
Green, Lee and either Bradley or Sullinger for Gasol and fillers could be interesting to look at. The problem is taking on salary going forward, but i think it could be worth it. If Howard is healthy, Green, Lee and Bradley/Sullinger would fit right into our system (better than Pau) and we could make a late push. If Howard isn't healthy, why not try to get some pieces we can use in the future in a D'Antoni system.
Nash-Kobe-Clark-Green-Howard, with Meeks-Lee-Metta-Sullinger/Bradley as the main guys off the bench, would be fun.

For the Celtics, it comes down to whether they belive there is a chance of another run. If they got Pau and unloaded Green and Lee, they could move KG to the 4, and still have a few good pieces - especially if they moved Rondo for a young prospect (Perhaps for Tyreke Evans and Isaiah Thomas). In two years, all the old-timers would come off the books.

#4240 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,547 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 31, 2013 - 07:58 AM

Dont touch the third rail here, my friend. You are about to violate one of the 5 sacred unwritten rules of this forum.

Debbie Downer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)