9329 replies to this topic

#401 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:16 PM

A 7 footer shooting a 3 pointer when your down 2 at the end of a game is never logical unless ur Dirk.
I don't blame Pau as much as I blame the play, why the [expletive] is a 7 footer getting the ball inbounded the ball at the corner behind the 3 point line. I don't care what was supposed to happen in that play with the screens, there's no need for it.

when you shoot jumpshots primarily,,,youre gunna have a shooting % less than 50 most of the time,,, and when youre Js on a cold streak , your shooting % will just be abismal . Pau isnt being utilized right here, he needs to go. hes not part of the big 4 on this team,there is no big 4, Paus not the same Pau, and its not close to being all his fault

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#402 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:16 PM

Regardless of the play do you realise Pau shot 3-10? What about those 2 easy and 1's he missed? They dont show up in the boxscore you know.
Laker fan for life.

#403 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,814 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:17 PM

dude is garbage

at this point, everything he does, JHill can do better

13z8pc6.jpg

#404 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

A 7 footer shooting a 3 pointer when your down 2 at the end of a game is never logical unless ur Dirk.
I don't blame Pau as much as I blame the play, why the [expletive] is a 7 footer getting the ball inbounded the ball at the corner behind the 3 point line. I don't care what was supposed to happen in that play with the screens, there's no need for it.

watch the replay again, The spurs trapped pau in the corner, he didnt have room to pass to kobe because of the great D, he had 3 seconds to shoot. Yes it would of been amazin if he drove and got a foul.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#405 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,314 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Image

make one for Kobe and Pau now :P

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

We're not just talking about Pau's late game clutchness & then lack of with the arguably bad decision to follow it up, this is concerning his whole season. It's been absolutely abysmal. He is simply under-performing exaggeratedly. It's hurting us tremendously.

yo.

#407 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:18 PM

The last play was bad but the real reason i'm tired of is 14 ppg 41% FG%. This is horrible. If your a big man with these number you wouldnt make it on any team.

#408 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:19 PM

The last play was bad but the real reason i'm tired of is 14 ppg 41% FG%. This is horrible. If your a big man with these number you wouldnt make it on any team.

half or more of his shots are jumpers. hes not a bigman on our team,bro..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#409 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:19 PM

dude is garbage

LOL jordan can do better? Dont make laugh

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#410 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:21 PM

half or more of his shots are jumpers. hes not a bigman on our team,bro..

But thats his fault. He gets the ball to the post plently but then does a stupid turn around jumper or gets pushed near the 3 point line

#411 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:21 PM

dude is garbage

Seriously?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#412 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,314 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Exactly. It was a lose-lose situation for Pau. If he passed it, and the spurs stole it. bang its pau fault. if kobe got it late, bang its pau fault. Howard was stupid for foulin at the end and ron for inbouding the ball really wrong.

No if Kobe got it late on the Block where he loves it and then missed we'd have lived with it because Kobe has made it from there thousands of times.

But for Pau to launch a 3 when he's only made one all season when Kobe was wide open on the cut THAT is what we have a problem with.

When we WANT Pau to be aggressive he passes the ball too much, then the time we want him to pass the ball he decides he's gonna shoot....

Inconsistencies is the problem. Not even in his shooting percentage it's when he chooses to be aggressive.

People live with Pau going 6/18 because at least he took it to the basket 18 times.

Ron for his shot being on and off is ALWAYS aggressive on both ends of the floor so whether he has a good or a bad game offensively he gives effort no matter the shooting percentage and will score 12-17 points a game on his aggression alone.

Pau on the other hand can one night go for 20 points the next night go for 9 when it's wide open for him ALL because of his aggression problems.

Well tonight he had Kobe wide open off a cut and he being the "best passing big man" should have made that play. Instead, he faked the pass...and decided to shoot a three instead.

It's not "if he passes to Kobe and Kobe misses it's Pau's fault' NO it wouldn't have been. What Pau did is 10 times worse. Don't try to save him when he made that terrible play that he's better than. I'm not going to even bring up giving the Spurs an extra possession with his lack of protecting the rebound.

Edited by Majesty, November 13, 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#413 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:23 PM

But thats his fault. He gets the ball to the post plently but then does a stupid turn around jumper or gets pushed near the 3 point line

half of his shots are spot up jumpers, thats not his fault. yes, he does get punked tho..

#414 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,136 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:25 PM

half of his shots are spot up jumpers, thats not his fault. yes, he does get punked tho..

Yea because when he tries to post he gets pushed out or passes it away. He has plenty of chances to post.

#415 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,556 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:26 PM

C'mon guys, Pau is the ultimate glue-guy.

Dont judge him just based on his final miss. Metta wasn't in position and damn near made the shot. Had he made it, this thread would have been mute.

#416 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:27 PM

watch the replay again, The spurs trapped pau in the corner, he didnt have room to pass to kobe because of the great D, he had 3 seconds to shoot. Yes it would of been amazin if he drove and got a foul.

What great D? Lmao the dude guarding Kobe fell and he had a quick second to pass it to him.
And like I said, there's no reason for Pau to even get the ball off in inbounds pass that far on the side considering the situation.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#417 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,610 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:29 PM

I don't know if this discussion should really be about the inbound play. It might have just been a simply poorly drawn up play.

His shooting though...yeah it's been bad. I don't want to judge him till we have a new offense though. Maybe the Princeton just wasn't good for him.

#418 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 963 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Pau just gotta go...sigh.

#419 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:33 PM

I don't know if this discussion should really be about the inbound play. It might have just been a simply poorly drawn up play.

His shooting though...yeah it's been bad. I don't want to judge him till we have a new offense though. Maybe the Princeton just wasn't good for him.

Well it's safe to say that he's underachieving considering his skill set at his height.
The dude can be dominant but it seems he's just too limp dick to drive and play hard
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#420 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,314 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hey remember when he had the ball at the top of the key took them to the basket and got fouled...

Yeah Pau can do that WHENEVER he wanted. The fact he doesn't is what makes us facepalm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users