Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 707 posts
  • Name:LS3
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted January 30, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Pau shoud be the Pelicans franchise player

Edited by Henny Loc, January 30, 2013 - 01:42 PM.

#4082 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,080 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted January 30, 2013 - 01:52 PM

^^^^Yes yes yes yes please Ryan Anderson on this team now.

Maybe thats why Pau didn't play so well yesterday, he didn't wanna look to good for the Pelicans :P

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#4083 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,538 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 30, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Finding a place for Pau and his 19m deal, until the value of the expirimg contract is viewed as an asset to an acquirer, is gonna be hard. Seems like the Wolves deal was decent. If Jerry West were the GM/ Jerry B were the decisionmaker owner and they had passed on the Wolves deal, I would assume that they had something better cooking. With Mitch and Jimmie, .... yeah.

Debbie Downer

#4084 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Finding a place for Pau and his 19m deal, until the value of the expirimg contract is viewed as an asset to an acquirer, is gonna be hard. Seems like the Wolves deal was decent. If Jerry West were the GM/ Jerry B were the decisionmaker owner and they had passed on the Wolves deal, I would assume that they had something better cooking. With Mitch and Jimmie, .... yeah.

So Mitch and Jimmie get no credit or slack where it's clearly due?

#4085 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2013 - 02:44 PM

Thing is like this. When Clark of Jamison actually have good games or successfully close out games, having Pau be all " i should have been out there" distracts from everything else. Rather thas being happy for the team winning or for Jamison and Clark closing out the game effectively he7s sulking about himself. His bad attitude hurts the team. Cause that sticks in the mind. If Jamison was feeling good about having a good game and closing it out effectively or Clark having the game of his career and feeling up about it then one of your main people onm the team, one of the leaders, instead of saying "good job for Clark" or "good job for Jamison, I know I wasn't out there but Jamison did good in that spot and closed the game well so I can't complain. We win as a team so that's what I support, no matter how it comes. We have enough talent on this team that if one of us has an off game like I did tonight we have others that can pick up the slack, and I'll play better next game so that it isn't as necessary and hopefully I'll be out there in crunch time."

What is so wrong with saying something like that? It sounds like Pau is afraid that the Lakers are gonna learn to win in crunch time without him or something.

What Mitch was afraid would happen with Fisher is what Pau is acting like. He's SUPPOSED to be better than this.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4086 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:01 PM

Sooooo looks like gay is out of the picture

#4087 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Yup. That was kind of a weird 3 team trade. Not sure who benefited from it

#4088 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,538 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:18 PM

So Mitch and Jimmie get no credit or slack where it's clearly due?

Na, I'll give 'em credit where it is due, and I certainly understand that any GM will make some mistakes. Jerry W made a few, Mitch has made alot alot alot more.

Debbie Downer

#4089 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yup. That was kind of a weird 3 team trade. Not sure who benefited from it

Honestly detroit probably came out of it big winners. They will have only 35 mil of cap space for this offseason. Also toronto is instintly better but I think getting rid of davis will hurt them. They need a legit player to replace him and need to trade Bargnani if they ever want to be a playoff team.

#4090 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:27 PM

I am pretty sure right now pau will not be traded by the deadline. This though I still think will be his last season as a laker. It will probably be for bench players but who knows what team. There are no teams to trade with right now with pau. I know people are gonna say josh smith but people that isn't happening unless a impossible 3 way trade opens up. Atlanta doesn't want pau and I still doubt he will even be traded.

#4091 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 30, 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't think he'll get traded at all. He won't gain value by becoming an expiring contract because the Lakers aren't willing to take on a longer contract. I think it'll be even harder to trade him next year when the only guys the Lakers would be willing to trade him for are other expiring guys.

I think it makes sense though. At this point, I don't think you can really go all in when you're this far off from being good.

The Lakers may want to try to win for Dwight, but that would hurt their 2014 plans to add major talent around him. And if he does leave, that 2014 cap space would be very important to rebuild with. That cap space is very important regardless of what happens with Dwight.

Edited by Japago, January 30, 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

#4092 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 30, 2013 - 04:26 PM

Mitch won't trade Pau unless it makes us better. If he can get Josh Smith, he will get Josh Smith. Some people act as if Mitch and Jim want to keep Pau because of his recent success off the bench. If they can get a solid offer, Pau is gone.

#4093 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,541 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 05:10 PM

Vincent Goodwill
‏@vgoodwill
Hearing Josh Smith will be moved very soon, that he's not signing in Atlanta and they're going to get something for him #NBA

http://twitter.com/vgoodwill

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4094 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Vincent Goodwill
‏@vgoodwill
Hearing Josh Smith will be moved very soon, that he's not signing in Atlanta and they're going to get something for him #NBA

http://twitter.com/vgoodwill

Let's see what happens

#4095 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 30, 2013 - 05:41 PM

do it mitch!. idk, lets see what happens. :)

Posted Image

#4096 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,040 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:28 PM

Honestly detroit probably came out of it big winners. They will have only 35 mil of cap space for this offseason. Also toronto is instintly better but I think getting rid of davis will hurt them. They need a legit player to replace him and need to trade Bargnani if they ever want to be a playoff team.

Good bench players that know their roles would suffice.

Not really into the whole Josh Smith thing, but if Aflanta is willing, I wouldn't mind.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#4097 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,541 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:38 PM

D'Antoni on Pau expressing his frustration about being benched: "I guess the 'all for one' lasted about 48 hours. Not bad"

D'Antoni said he hasn't talked to Pau about the benching today and noted that Metta was benched too and didn't complain

D'Antoni hates Pau, lmao.
https://twitter.com/mcten

Edited by Chad, January 30, 2013 - 06:39 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4098 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:45 PM

good pau's attitude is pathetic. Guy is making 19 mill and has had a god awful season. What are we supposed to do play him and lose so his feelings dont get hurt.

#4099 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yep, Pau is becoming a distraction and going against his 'classy' demeanor.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4100 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Also like that thing about metta being benched and not complaining. From what I remember he wanted to be that spark off the bench. Shows a good attitude compared to pau's me first attitude. Its not like he doesn't get like 30 minutes still.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users