Photo

Pau Gasol Discussion

Pau Gasol

• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#4061 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,200 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2013 - 04:37 AM

20 12 and 4 from Clark.

He hit one shot when it was a 1 point game and made assists on the next 2 plays which sealed the game. He EARNED that spot by playing well throughout the game.

Can't Gasol say 'good for Clark' instead of going 'I still deserved to be out there! So what if Clark and Jamison won the game it should have been me!". Geez im really being let down by Pau's lack of professionalism lately.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4062 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,200 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2013 - 04:49 AM

Kamenetzky Brothers @KamBrothers5h
Gasol has accepted the bench role, but in part because he still expects to close games. It's a point of pride hard to fault. AK

@kobemania Pau wasn't "crying about it." He was asked and was honest. Plus, it's not the first time this has happened, which matters. AK

It should be clear, Gasol was ASKED about not playing in the fourth. He didn't bring it up. That's a VERY important detail. AK

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4063 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,222 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 05:12 AM

It doesn't matter if he brought it up himself or he was asked. The team is doing good right now and he should support it fully instead of whining about his lack of minutes in crunch time. If he doesn't like it, he can request a trade. It's that simple.

#4064 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 692 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted January 30, 2013 - 06:38 AM

Was anyone else watching Pau on the bench at the end of the game? Every other player was leaning forward and was super into the game and Pau was leaning back all casual not really looking like he gave a eff. When Nash hit that three with around a minute to go, every player jumped off the bench to go give everyone high fives and Pau sat there sulking. I actually am fine with our team right now with Nash/Kobe/MWP/Clark/Howard starting and Blake/Meeks/(Kobe/MWP/Clark)/Jamison/Pau off the bench. But I want Pau gone if he keeps up this attitude
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#4065 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 912 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted January 30, 2013 - 08:04 AM

I didn't see that, but I havr seen games where he's on the bench with his head down, he seems to be sulking, and not even watching the game. It was disgusting.

#4066 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2013 - 08:31 AM

You guys are just hilarious, the team is winning, he isn't playing crap (at least these last 3/4 games) and you are complaining about what he says to the press or how he scratches his a... on the bench.

Posted Image

#4067 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:07 AM

^This. Put yourself in his spot. He wants to play ... you want a player on your team that doesnt? He still has alot of pride and thinks he can get the job done ... you want a guy on your team who doesnt? He has been the subject of trade speculation for months now ... how strong would your loyalty be to your employer if you heard daily rumors that you were going to be fired?

I am not defending all of his behavior though. He needs to be a better team mate.

Debbie Downer

#4068 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,626 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:23 AM

Dont you agree with me that Pau plays better off the bench? Just yesterday was his first off game so far...

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4069 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,222 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:33 AM

^This. Put yourself in his spot. He wants to play ... you want a player on your team that doesnt? He still has alot of pride and thinks he can get the job done ... you want a guy on your team who doesnt? He has been the subject of trade speculation for months now ... how strong would your loyalty be to your employer if you heard daily rumors that you were going to be fired?

I am not defending all of his behavior though. He needs to be a better team mate.

Give me 19 mil a year, I'll put myself in his spot.

#4070 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 420 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 30, 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'm a little surprised by his attitude of late. It was one of the primary reasons I was rooting for him. If he continues to be a baby my opinion will soon change.

#4071 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:01 AM

Give me 19 mil a year, I'll put myself in his spot.

As fans, we tend to look at the huge paycheck and expect players to endure whatever because they get paid for it. That's a fair view. You can also look at it from a pride in who you are/ work product standpoint, which is the perspective of most employees no matter what the job is and what the paycheck looks like. We all like to be appreciated and respected on the job, no matter what we make. Pau is no different.

Debbie Downer

#4072 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 951 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:21 AM

Where not saying for him to be happy bieng on the bench or happy about not playing the fourth but support the team. You see Metta didn't play the fourth but he was still yelling and supporting the fellas on the court. If its all about the team quite sulking on the bench and support them. We are winning now with the way were playing and ill be damned if it changes because Gasol isn't happy

Edited by erfolk, January 30, 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#4073 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:33 AM

Pau is very much a follower of big personalities so when the team, especially Kobe, is barking out things during games, practices, media Pau sees that and thinks, "wow I need to be more blunt about my displeasure as well". It is not coincidence that after Kobe said this team should be confrontational, that now Pau is being vocal.

Regardless, if he plays well he needs to accept it. If he can't, he should stand up and just ask for a trade. We can't be trying to correct a horrendous start and having one of the main pieces moping around. That ruins morale and chemistry. Pau is right to feel some discomfort but at the end of the day, you need to be able to move past it. I will give him a week or so to get to that point. But we just cannot have him spending the rest of the season like this, because he will sabotage the playoffs.

#4074 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,764 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:35 AM

Then he shouldn't have sucked ass and put up 12/8 and completely suck in 2 postseasons in a row.

#4075 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,222 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:45 AM

As fans, we tend to look at the huge paycheck and expect players to endure whatever because they get paid for it. That's a fair view. You can also look at it from a pride in who you are/ work product standpoint, which is the perspective of most employees no matter what the job is and what the paycheck looks like. We all like to be appreciated and respected on the job, no matter what we make. Pau is no different.

No. He's still earning that huge paycheck even when he comes off the bench. It's not like Lakers are paying him less. Therefore, he should think of the team first. We are finally back in doing business and his unprofessionalism is distracting this team, and their togetherness. Throwing coaches under the bus, causing teammates unsettled is better?Then he can request a trade and get the [expletive] out. We don't need players like him.

#4076 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:49 AM

Then he shouldn't have sucked ass and put up 12/8 and completely suck in 2 postseasons in a row.

Not sure I understand your point ....

So, he didnt "earn" his money, is that your point? And if you "suck ass" at work you get fired but he gets to just keep cashing his big checks, is that your point? And the Lakers should have never rewarded him with a big contract after he helped them win 2 titles, and should have known that a) his skills would drastically and quickly decline and b) they would acquire Howard 2 years before Pau's contract runs out, is that your point?

Veteran players sign deals in the latter parts fo their careers rewarding them for previous results. As a GM you just hope they perform well enough to "earn" most of the fat check. Many dont, the GM then looks stupid and the player draws the critisim because he can no longer do the things he previously could.

Pau's pouty child routine is unacceptable, his desire to play as much as possible is perfectly understandable. And he has no reason to apologize for his contract, he could have commanded that from many other teams at the time. The Lakers took their chances.

Debbie Downer

#4077 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:53 AM

No. He's still earning that huge paycheck even when he comes off the bench. It's not like Lakers are paying him less. Therefore, he should think of the team first. We are finally back in doing business and his unprofessionalism is distracting this team, and their togetherness. Throwing coaches under the bus, causing teammates unsettled is better?Then he can request a trade and get the [expletive] out. We don't need players like him.

No disagrement, see my other posts in this thread. The Lakers made their deal with Pau on his contract, so let's stop whining about the money. He needs to stop whining and be a better teammate. I want every player to want to play as much as possible, but disrespect for fellow players and coachses is unacceptable.

Debbie Downer

#4078 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,764 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 30, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Not sure I understand your point ....

So, he didnt "earn" his money, is that your point? And if you "suck ass" at work you get fired but he gets to just keep cashing his big checks, is that your point? And the Lakers should have never rewarded him with a big contract after he helped them win 2 titles, and should have known that a) his skills would drastically and quickly decline and b) they would acquire Howard 2 years before Pau's contract runs out, is that your point?

Veteran players sign deals in the latter parts fo their careers rewarding them for previous results. As a GM you just hope they perform well enough to "earn" most of the fat check. Many dont, the GM then looks stupid and the player draws the critisim because he can no longer do the things he previously could.

Pau's pouty child routine is unacceptable, his desire to play as much as possible is perfectly understandable. And he has no reason to apologize for his contract, he could have commanded that from many other teams at the time. The Lakers took their chances.

no....what I was saying is he has no right to complain about getting benched and not closing out games.

#4079 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 2,879 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 12:52 PM

Who gives a [expletive]? We're winning and he's playing well...so far anyways.

#4080 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,618 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 30, 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm worried about Pau bringing down the team. They're playing well, he's excelling in his bench role but he is kinda Ebanksing on the sidelines when he should be supportive.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users