netlord

Flying high

• 10,587 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 29, 2013 - 01:57 AM

He's one delusional individual

Did you read the post above yours?

The guy is playing well right? What are you guys complaining about?
Posted Image

#4002 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2013 - 02:01 AM

If Pau is gone, get ready to watch Howard's ugly post moves, travels and offensive fouls more often.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#4003 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 02:07 AM

I don't understand Pau's problem with coming off the bench. Odom embraced his role when he was here and it paid off with 2 titles. He's 33 now and he should be the one to say "I want to come off the bench, it's better for my health and team's plans." He simply can't coexist with another dominant center.

#4004 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,587 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:15 AM

I don't understand Pau's problem with coming off the bench. Odom embraced his role when he was here and it paid off with 2 titles. He's 33 now and he should be the one to say "I want to come off the bench, it's better for my health and team's plans." He simply can't coexist with another dominant center.

Pau's problem is that of any NBA starter who starts playing off the bench, I don't think it's that difficult to understand.
Posted Image

#4005 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:25 AM

what the [expletive] are you talking about?

#4006 Rad

Rad

• 1,615 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:41 AM

what the [expletive] are you talking about?

It's a mental thing; Pau has become accustomed to starting. If you've been starting for the last few seasons, why would you want to come off the bench?

#4007 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,937 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 29, 2013 - 04:03 AM

It's a mental thing; Pau has become accustomed to starting. If you've been starting for the last few seasons, why would you want to come off the bench?

Because it's for the best of the team.

The best way to use them is when finishing games and when they come off the bench for each other and it works perfectly.

Gasol is smart enough to notice this and he also seems to play with more of a purpose and at his natural position where he can do the most damage. So it works out for everyone.

So I hope he embraces it and stops saying 'i dont like it but ill do it for the team.' Stuff.

Manu ginobli is coming off the bench without batting an eye or complaining to the media. Gasol is the epitome of 'class' so he should be doing the same. Especially with his basketball IQ he should realize how much better this is.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4008 Rad

Rad

• 1,615 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 04:11 AM

^ I agree with you, I understand it's for the better of the team. Hopefully Pau does keep quiet about it and as you said, embraces the role. What I said is still a valid point as to why he is so sooky about the situation.

#4009 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 04:23 AM

That is why I'm saying he should just suck it up, and do what Odom did back then. It is plain simple. If he wants to get touches in the post, play his position, and win at the same time, coming off the bench is the only way. He's contradicting himself with these shenanigans.

#4010 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 29, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Did you read the post above yours?

I'm complaining about his complaining.

Gasol admitted that he has not enjoyed coming off the bench.

Why not enjoy it? That's where he belongs.

It's hard for anybody who considers himself one of the top players in the world

lulz. The delusion

Gasol said he would find it difficult to be a bench player beyond the remainder of the current season.
"I've been on this team, in this city, for six years," Gasol said. "It's very hard to stick around on this team, and I take pride in that. I think I'm a valuable asset and I want my role to be as big as it can be, within the well being of the team. But I don't know if being a player that comes off the bench will be something that I'll be able to accept long term.

Same [expletive]ed up mentality he's had for a while now. Dude is bamboozling the hell outta a lot of folks. His production is bench production so why wouldn't he accept coming off the bench? Was he this delusional after his playoff disappearances too?

"Right now I want this team to work. I feel we have a very privileged team with great athletes. It's been a crazy year for everyone, and I understand that. And the last thing I'll be here is selfish right now. So I'm willing to work with what we have right now for the rest of the year and have no problems, because I want it to work. And I'm not a guy that just quits on himself or on his team."

He's being contradictory. Trying to say all the right things but in reality he's offended by having to come off the bench. He doesn't want to be selfish RIGHT NOW but in the "long term" he'll be selfish; that's basically what he's saying: "I'll play along for now but I'm too good to come off the bench long term"

He never says he's going to play better, he never takes accountability for his poor play, he never does play better, and then he has the balls to complain about being benched??? GTFO

Hate the day he became a Laker

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4011 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 07:52 AM

I assume you're referring to the last six games

Hardly enough

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4012 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 07:58 AM

He doesn't give a [expletive] about team's situation, he is worried about his next contract that's why he's contradicting himself. He knows teams won't pay him much if he's established as a 6th man, bench player nonetheless. We should hear about it from his mouth soon.

#4013 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 388 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 29, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Or maybe it was the come-to-Jesus meeting that has changed everybody's way of thinking from "what's best for me" to "what's best for the team".

#4014 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 29, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Pau played very well for sizable amounts of time the last 2 years during the regular season, so I would be careful thinking that Pau will be anything going forward but another dud IF we do make the playoffs. BUT, on the flip side, Dwight has a very limited offensive game that is turnover prone (either offensive foul or getting stripped) that will make a deep trip into the playoffs difficult. We need a guy with better post up offense than Howard. If Howard develops something better, then great, but in order to play inside out we have no choice but to keep Pau now. Just know that IF we do make the playoffs, Pau will probably disappear regardless of how well he plays the regular season.

#4015 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 233 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hate the day he became a Laker

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4016 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 02:21 PM

As a heart attack

Pau Gasol is GONE

#4017 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2013 - 02:29 PM

3 weeks till we close this thread.

Let the hate out.

Dat delusion.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#4018 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,275 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:43 PM

There's a growing expectation that the Hawks will end up moving Josh Smith before the trade deadline, a source tells Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

:fist:

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#4019 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:47 PM

No Pau, no rings in 2009 or 2010.

Now with Howard's future still being up in the air and Hill being hurt, it's highly unlikely the Lakers deal Pau, their only under contract big, before the summer. The only way they do is if its for another big and somehow I just don't see the Josh Smith thing happening - especially after his recent and incredibly ridiculous max money demand.

#4020 Trytobeunbias

Trytobeunbias

Rookie

• 12 posts
  • Fan Since:Back in the day.
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Shaq

Posted January 29, 2013 - 03:51 PM

If I remember correctly Odom didnt exactly embrass his bench role at first so it may take a few more games for Pau to fully recognize the all around benefit of him anchoring the second unit.

Even if its really obvious to the fans players still want to start its normal.

Edited by Trytobeunbias, January 29, 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users