¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#3982 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2013 - 10:21 PM

I love THIS Pau Gasol who can actually ball but I'd say, sell high before he starts slumping again.

2 games doesn't make him a sell high.

He may have minorly increased his value, but it'll take a longer, consistent stretch before he's a sell high.

#3983 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 12:24 AM

I hope we don't keep Pau because they are worried about Dwight getting inj. If Dwight goes out we ain't winning a title anyways.

#3984 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:57 AM

I hope we don't keep Pau because they are worried about Dwight getting inj. If Dwight goes out we ain't winning a title anyways.

You're right. Losing Kobe or Dwight would be the equivalent of OKC losing Durant or Westbrook or Miami losing LBJ or Wade. No team will win a championship without 1 of their top 2.

However, i think they're keeping Pau around in case Dwight wants to be traded or leaves as a FA.

#3985 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,283 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:12 PM

Gasol Won't Request Trade This Season, Can't Envision Permanent Bench Role

Posted Image

Pau Gasol remains dissatisfied with his bench role, but is committed to remaining with the Los Angeles Lakers for the remainder of the season.

"Not right now," Gasol said when asked about if a trade request may come from his camp. "I don't think now is the time for that step to happen. Right now I'm very focused and committed to our team."
Gasol admitted that he has not enjoyed coming off the bench.

"Whether I like it or not or whether I agree with it or not, I still try to go out there and do my job.
"It's hard for anybody who considers himself one of the top players in the world to say, 'OK, I'm OK with coming off the bench,'" Gasol said. "It's a difficult situation that we've been dealing with here. The last few games have been great, and we're staying positive and we look forward to that to continue. But at the same time, we don't need any other distractions, any more negativity. We need positive embracing, we need focus, we need to

support each other. That's where we're at and that's where I'm at, too."
Gasol said he would find it difficult to be a bench player beyond the remainder of the current season.
"I've been on this team, in this city, for six years," Gasol said. "It's very hard to stick around on this team, and I take pride in that. I think I'm a valuable asset and I want my role to be as big as it can be, within the well being of the team. But I don't know if being a player that comes off the bench will be something that I'll be able to accept long term.

"Right now I want this team to work. I feel we have a very privileged team with great athletes. It's been a crazy year for everyone, and I understand that. And the last thing I'll be here is selfish right now. So I'm willing to work with what we have right now for the rest of the year and have no problems, because I want it to work. And I'm not a guy that just quits on himself or on his team."

Edited by Bjork, January 28, 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#3986 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,193 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:20 PM

guess what pusol. if you played great you would be starting

ap1.png

#3987 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:23 PM

Lol.....
Laker fan for life.

#3988 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 172 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Dwight Howard

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Hey Gasol,

Guess how much you make if you start? $19M

Guess how much you make coming off the bench? $19M

Guess how much you make if they ask you to park cars outside? $19M

Your complaints are falling on the deaf ears of most of the fan base who is just struggling through this recession to make ends meet.

Suck it up

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#3989 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,504 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:47 PM

3 weeks till we close this thread.

Let the hate out.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#3990 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,686 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:50 PM

Gasol...stop talking about how much u dislike coming off the bench!! Haven't you seen how much better you've played and your post touches and efficiency and shooting percentage has gone up!?

Come on Gasol, you got EVERYTHING you asked. You got your post touches, you're playing center, you've got a signified role on this team!

Like I said, Gasol wants to be "starting" center for this team. He isn't unseating Dwight, sorry. Get over it Pau. You're playing your best basketball in months coming off the bench! Stop talking about how much you "dislike it but will do it for the team" just STOP!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3991 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Wow does he realize how CRAPPY he has been playing!??! he doesn't deserve to start!!

#3992 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,668 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Why can't Pau just adapt to the bench? We're playing better with him as a sixth man.

#3993 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hey Pau STFU!!! Wake up and accept your role. While your on this team and Dwight isn't injured or traded then the bench is your home. Getting sick of his complaining like a [expletive]. You earn 19mill a year, you play for the greatest franchise in the NBA, you play with some of the best players ever and own 2 championship rings. Your life ain't that bad. Put that ego in check and understand you are getting old. You are not the same player you were and your defense is [expletive]. That's the whole reason your on the bench. Pau needs to just accept his new role and run with it. He has actually done ok off the bench. If he don't like it then stop [expletive]ing around and ask for a trade if you don't like it.

#3994 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:15 PM

Gasook.

#3995 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:30 PM

......He shouldn't even be on the team.

#3996 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kara no Kyoukai

• 8,464 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Damn you, Pau.

Damn you to Hades.

MMiRi9s.png

#3997 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:56 PM

Not sure what you guys are getting worked up about.

He's not happy with being sent to the bench, which no one would be if they were a career starter.

He hasn't let it affect his game, he's playing as well as he has all season. Now you guys are nitpicking just because.

He's accepting his role now but looking ahead I'm sure he'll want to be a starter again, but that will take care of itself in the offseason. I don't see them trading him this season anymore.

#3998 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,082 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted January 28, 2013 - 10:17 PM

He's one delusional individual

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3999 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:24 PM

Not sure what you guys are getting worked up about.

He's not happy with being sent to the bench, which no one would be if they were a career starter.

He hasn't let it affect his game, he's playing as well as he has all season. Now you guys are nitpicking just because.

He's accepting his role now but looking ahead I'm sure he'll want to be a starter again, but that will take care of itself in the offseason. I don't see them trading him this season anymore.

No one us asking him to be happy with it were saying accept it and realize its about the team. Right now he looks the best I've seen in months and he still plays starters minutes. If it is about the tram then look and see were better with him off the bench.

Edited by erfolk, January 28, 2013 - 11:25 PM.

#4000 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Speaking of summer, Dwight Howard is an old friend of yours, and he's having a tought start in L.A. Both of you will be free agents this summer. Have you talked about teaming up?

Josh Smith: It's come up, but we don't focus on it. I know he's having a hard time right now. He's not 100%. And when you're playing in a city with major newspapers and TMZ, you're going to be in the spotlight. We're both trying to focus on our teams for now. We'll have the summer to talk about joining forces.

ESPN MAG.

Edited by Chad, January 29, 2013 - 12:34 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users