#382 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,710 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:02 PM

No. Pau made a logical play. He couldnt get the ball to Kobe. Spurs were playing amazing defense. Ron was BAD at inbounding the ball. Plus Kobe played awful defense on green on that last possession.

I keep pau. He made that FT to give the lakers a 1 point lead and a jumper.

Some of you like to hate on Pau cuz its easy to do so.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#383 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:02 PM

The more I see Pau, the less confident I am in him. You can't even say he has good averages any more like the last 2 seasons.

Posted Image

#384 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:03 PM

No. Pau made a logical play. He couldnt get the ball to Kobe. Spurs were playing amazing defense. Ron was BAD at inbounding the ball. Plus Kobe played awful defense on green on that last possession.

3/10

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:03 PM

He made that FT to give the lakers a 1 point lead and a jumper.

A 7-footer as talented and skilled as Pau should not be shooting 38% from the field on the season, including 3-10 tonight. There is absolutely no excuse. Obviously you are completely clueless.

yo.

#386 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,431 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:04 PM

Maybe it's stupid, but I wonder what it'd be like with him coming off the bench.

If he's not going to be scoring much with Dwight on the floor, mine as well have Hill play those minutes with some defense and blocking.

#387 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:05 PM

I love the guy and Ive been wanting to give him a chance but this is going on 3 straight seasons of him playing like [expletive] I think he needs to go honestly.

#388 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,523 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

A 7 footer shooting a 3 pointer when your down 2 at the end of a game is never logical unless ur Dirk.
I don't blame Pau as much as I blame the play, why the [expletive] is a 7 footer getting the ball inbounded the ball at the corner behind the 3 point line. I don't care what was supposed to happen in that play with the screens, there's no need for it.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

• 40,395 posts

JGuez, that's exactly what I said several posts before. Nobody commented on it, but glad we agree. It might also embarrass Pau enough to light a fire under his ass. At this point, I don't see why it hurts to try. Maybe you should make a thread on it with a poll & what not.

yo.

#390 JSaber20

JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:06 PM

B..B..But he's the best passing big man in the game.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#391 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,034 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM

I feel like the last play is getting blown up a bit out of proportion. The inbounding sequence was terrible and there were no picks set to get Kobe open. Then Kobe made the backdoor cut and was partially open for half a second and Pau hesitated, which is somewhat understandable since he had a Spurs defender on either side of him.

At that point some other Lakers should have done something. Too much standing around and Pau was forced to toss up that shot. He probably should have waited a bit longer before doing that, though. Either way, it was going to be one of those, if he makes it he's a hero, and if he misses ship his ass out.

Also Howard and MWP should have manhandled Splitter after the miss to send him to the FT line. Not sure what they were doing there.

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#392 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM

The more I see Pau, the less confident I am in him. You can't even say he has good averages any more like the last 2 seasons.

This.

Edited by LakersChamps243, November 13, 2012 - 10:07 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#393 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,523 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Please tell me we had no timeouts left at that time.
Cause if we did, then ima go ham on pau
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#394 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,431 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:10 PM

JGuez, that's exactly what I said several posts before. Nobody commented on it, but glad we agree. It might also embarrass Pau enough to light a fire under his ass. At this point, I don't see why it hurts to try. Maybe you should make a thread on it with a poll & what not.

Maybe it's so crazy, it just might work. He should be able to dominate scrubs on other people's benches. He's also a good passer, could help our bench.

#395 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image
Paus shooting last 5 games.
Laker fan for life.

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Keyword: should, but you just never know with Pau. Dude can get pushed around by even guards sometimes on the block, trust me, I've actually seen it.

yo.

#397 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,710 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:12 PM

A 7-footer as talented and skilled as Pau should not be shooting 38% from the field on the season, including 3-10 tonight. There is absolutely no excuse. Obviously you are completely clueless.

No im not. He was gettin the same shots he always got. It wasnt going in. Period. Bad shootin day. But he made those clutch shots at the end.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#398 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Keyword: should, but you just never know with Pau. Dude can get pushed around by even guards sometimes on the block, trust me, I've actually seen it.

your avaitar is how teams look at their smaller players bullying Pau on the block,,,,the whole league knows to do it now

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:13 PM

No im not. He was gettin the same shots he always got. It wasnt going in. Period. Bad shootin day. But he made those clutch shots at the end.

Did you hear what I said? "Bad shootin day"? How about the whole season!? Wake up.

yo.

#400 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,710 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 10:15 PM

I feel like the last play is getting blown up a bit out of proportion. The inbounding sequence was terrible and there were no picks set to get Kobe open. Then Kobe made the backdoor cut and was partially open for half a second and Pau hesitated, which is somewhat understandable since he had a Spurs defender on either side of him.

At that point some other Lakers should have done something. Too much standing around and Pau was forced to toss up that shot. He probably should have waited a bit longer before doing that, though. Either way, it was going to be one of those, if he makes it he's a hero, and if he misses ship his ass out.

Also Howard and MWP should have manhandled Splitter after the miss to send him to the FT line. Not sure what they were doing there.

Exactly. It was a lose-lose situation for Pau. If he passed it, and the spurs stole it. bang its pau fault. if kobe got it late, bang its pau fault. Howard was stupid for foulin at the end and ron for inbouding the ball really wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)