West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:38 PM

This is the best trade possible
http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=auwdtgh

4 team, 16 players trade

Tell me where that is "possible" considering that the biggest trade in NBA history included 13 players (if I'm not mistaken)

#3684 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:46 PM

4 team, 16 players trade

Tell me where that is "possible" considering that the biggest trade in NBA history included 13 players (if I'm not mistaken)

LOL it's a imaginary trade but hey it would help us out considerably

#3685 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:47 PM

Detroit would NEVER EVER do it

Al Jefferson, Bargani, Landry Fields, and Mo Williams?? where's the problem?

#3686 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:47 PM

terrible trade ^^

EXPLAIN

#3687 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:52 PM

cause aint no way in hell Detroit is going to give up 7 players including its best player. Plus that trade is too big. Plus, u just don't throw people in trades.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#3688 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:56 PM

cause aint no way in hell Detroit is going to give up 7 players including its best player. Plus that trade is too big. Plus, u just don't throw people in trades.

Detroit is the worst team in the NBA and has been for a while if anything they should be willing to accept anything that would shake up their roster and get some veterans on their roster
and I agree the trade is too big but that would be the only way the money works in all of that lol

#3689 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted January 19, 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just because your the worst team, doesn't mean you make bad trades, and most def doesn't mean you should just accept anything.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#3690 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 19, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Al Jefferson, Bargani, Landry Fields, and Mo Williams?? where's the problem?

Ummm maybe because they are giving up knight, Monroe, and stuckey

#3691 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 19, 2013 - 09:41 PM

How would you guys feel about this trade?

Minnesota receives:
Gasol
Ebanks

Atlanta receives:
Williams
Pekovic
Ridnour

Lakers receive:
Smith
Korver
Cunningham

This obviously depends on if Atlanta decides to blow it up. Smith improves the defense and then you can have a pretty athletic bench adding Cunningham and Korver along with Clark. The only thing that this trade doesn't address is a back up point guard.

This is actually the most sensible deal I've seen thus far that makes sense for all teams involved. I'm assuming this works salary-wise.

Minnesota is without Love for the next few months and have always wanted Pau, Atlanta has always wanted to play Horford at PF and they now need some backcourt depth with Lou Williams out with an ACL tear (D-Will not a bad young piece to pick up either), and of course we get our man in Smith along with bench pieces.

Let's hope Atlanta loses a few more and Smith starts to show out.

#3692 Laker-Gang24

Laker-Gang24

Rookie

• 168 posts
  • Name:Paul

Posted January 19, 2013 - 10:04 PM

EXPLAIN

Lmao #1 Detroit isn't the worst team in the league. #2 why would They give up all their young talent or older guys. They almost get rid of their entire starting lineup in that trade. #3 Joe Dumars might be a idiot for drafting Darko but he isn't dumb enough to trade the entire future of the franchise for Al Jefferson haha smh
Posted Image

#3693 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:19 PM

How would you guys feel about this trade?

Minnesota receives:
Gasol
Ebanks

Atlanta receives:
Williams
Pekovic
Ridnour

Lakers receive:
Smith
Korver
Cunningham

This obviously depends on if Atlanta decides to blow it up. Smith improves the defense and then you can have a pretty athletic bench adding Cunningham and Korver along with Clark. The only thing that this trade doesn't address is a back up point guard.

I like it but I don't see Minnesota giving up 3 big men for Pau Gasol while Kevin Love is injured. That would leave them with Kirilenko as their only rotation quality 4. And he's more suited to play the 3 at his age and with his own injury concerns. I think they would try to dump Roy on the Lakers so they can free up the roster space to sign more healthy bodies.

I don't see Atlanta taking on additional salary for 2 years in Ridnour either. They'd be looking to save money and free up cap space for flexibility. Maybe they take Duhon who's partially guaranteed if he's waived on or before June 30, 2013.

I'd love to think they can get Smith, Korver, and Cunningham for Pau and Ebanks but I just don't think Minnesota would give up their big man rotation (minus Kevin Love) and I don't think Atlanta would want to give away an expiring contract in Korver to take on a 2 year contract in Ridnour.

Also, Ebanks basically has a no trade clause. He'd have to agree to any possible trades.

#3694 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Minny would be good with gasol klove and rubio. But seems like atl is getting the short end of the stick.

Edited by Hollywood, January 19, 2013 - 11:34 PM.

Posted Image

#3695 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:31 PM

Feels like a trade is coming.
Posted Image

#3696 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:33 PM

I like it but I don't see Minnesota giving up 3 big men for Pau Gasol while Kevin Love is injured. That would leave them with Kirilenko as their only rotation quality 4. And he's more suited to play the 3 at his age and with his own injury concerns. I think they would try to dump Roy on the Lakers so they can free up the roster space to sign more healthy bodies.

I don't see Atlanta taking on additional salary for 2 years in Ridnour either. They'd be looking to save money and free up cap space for flexibility. Maybe they take Duhon who's partially guaranteed if he's waived on or before June 30, 2013.

I'd love to think they can get Smith, Korver, and Cunningham for Pau and Ebanks but I just don't think Minnesota would give up their big man rotation (minus Kevin Love) and I don't think Atlanta would want to give away an expiring contract in Korver to take on a 2 year contract in Ridnour.

Also, Ebanks basically has a no trade clause. He'd have to agree to any possible trades.

You do bring up some excellent points. Like I said, this would really depend on Atlanta blowing it up and of course taking on salary like you said. My thinking is that unless they are willing to let Smith walk for nothing in free agency, they will more than likely take on salary if it includes younger players. Ridnour will be an expiring after this season so will be a valuable trade piece at that time.

As for Ebanks, he's going to accept a trade anywhere else since he's not playing. Young players like him want to play, he's not going to sit on the bench here. The guy is a walking DNP right now.

Right now Minnesota is in a dangerous spot. Because they are a franchise that want to get back to the playoffs that shows they are moving in the right direction. They have coveted Gasol for the last two years and now with Love down, they may over pay for him. The other question in this is do the Lakers want to send Gasol to the T'Wolves who will be battling them for a playoff spot and are a definite playoff team with Gasol IMO.

I still believe Gasol ends up with Minnesota in the end, it may not be this type of deal though. Just throwing it out there for discussion.

#3697 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:33 PM

Feels like a trade is coming.

We've been saying that for a while haha.

#3698 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:42 PM

We've been saying that for a while haha.

But I havent ;)

Everything feels quiet and Wierd clues are popping up. It's creating a suspicious atmosphere
Posted Image

#3699 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:46 PM

But I havent ;)

Everything feels quiet and Wierd clues are popping up. It's creating a suspicious atmosphere

I sure hope that you're right. As much as I want to think that this team is turning a corner (which it might), I just feel like if we can make a good trade for Pau, it could be just enough to give us not only hope for the playoffs but also hope for beating teams like the Clippers and Thunder in a 7 game series.

#3700 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:53 PM

Any trade we make is more for next season. Ideally we land a young player like tyreke or josh and we can build chemistry for next season.

Hopefully they finall have that mixture of youth and veteran presence necessary.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)