9329 replies to this topic

#3641 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 19, 2013 - 01:55 AM

So you would take a [expletive] contract like barea? This is what I'm going to say. If the lakers are not on a roll by the trade deadline, Mitch will do one of two things
1. He will trade Gasol for josh smith. Im telling you Mitch will get us smith easily.

2. Mitch will get another super deal where we trade Gasol for a star that will be our future with Howard. Trust me when I say he can get Kevin love.

IMO we will be ok and in contention. He will get either josh smith or Kevin love.

First of all, yes. I would take a [expletive]ty contract like Barea's, if needed. Barea, Derrick and Peck for Pau, Morris and Ebanks/Sacre - any day.
Second. Though i'm reluctant to doubt Mitch, the man who turned Kwame into Gasol and two championships, we probably wont get Josh Smith and we certainly will not get Kevin Love.

#3642 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:10 AM

Second. Though i'm reluctant to doubt Mitch, the man who turned Kwame into Gasol and two championships, we probably wont get Josh Smith and we certainly will not get Kevin Love.

Don't forget about how he got Chris freakin Paul. We will see who is right about this at the deadline. But I do see where you are coming from.

#3643 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:16 AM

Don't forget about how he got Chris freakin Paul. We will see who is right about this at the deadline. But I do see where you are coming from.

I hope i'm wrong...

#3644 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:32 AM

LAL get - calderon and wing from 3rd team

TOR gets - Pau

3rd team- Bargs

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3645 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:38 AM

LAL get - calderon and wing from 3rd team

TOR gets - Pau

3rd team- Bargs

HELL NO

#3646 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:40 AM

HELL NO

oh i forgot, our 2nd unit doesnt need offense off the dribble,,,and mitch will just get us smoove or klove..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3647 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:42 AM

oh i forgot, our 2nd unit doesnt need offense off the dribble,,,and mitch will just get us smoove or klove..

now youre thinking clearly.

#3648 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 03:36 AM

Reading Pau's latest comments, he sounds like butthurt and jealous, that "Nobody cares about me anymore." type childish attitude. This is not coincidence though when you think about it. Pau's fall started with Bynum's rise in 2011 playoffs. Dude is so weak mentally that he can't even compete with a teammate. Last season it became evident. This season with Dwight's arrival, he lost that "Best big man in the team" epaulette completely. And with Nash/D'Antoni combo he's losing the ranks one by one. He is no longer needed on offense. And it started to hit him. You know now why in Olympics with Spain he played that good. He is still viewed as the best player on that team, even with Marc's quality. And that reflects on Pau's effort. This is why we don't need a player like Pau. He can't accept a lesser role mentally, not just about touches. This will continue to harm the team if we don't take action soon. Once upon a time the great Jerry West said that Pau and Bynum can't coexist and we'd have to ship one of them. Today the players are different, roles are same. It seems Mitch & co. haven't seen it yet, let's hope it won't be too late when they do.

#3649 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 19, 2013 - 05:00 AM

I woke up this morning with the feeling that this washed-up player was going to be traded today. I'll be praying all day long...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#3650 td4mvp2k

td4mvp2k

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 06:12 AM

I woke up this morning with the feeling that this washed-up player was going to be traded today. I'll be praying all day long...

:laughing:

#3651 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:17 AM

Reading Pau's latest comments, he sounds like butthurt and jealous, that "Nobody cares about me anymore." type childish attitude. This is not coincidence though when you think about it. Pau's fall started with Bynum's rise in 2011 playoffs. Dude is so weak mentally that he can't even compete with a teammate. Last season it became evident. This season with Dwight's arrival, he lost that "Best big man in the team" epaulette completely. And with Nash/D'Antoni combo he's losing the ranks one by one. He is no longer needed on offense. And it started to hit him. You know now why in Olympics with Spain he played that good. He is still viewed as the best player on that team, even with Marc's quality. And that reflects on Pau's effort. This is why we don't need a player like Pau. He can't accept a lesser role mentally, not just about touches. This will continue to harm the team if we don't take action soon. Once upon a time the great Jerry West said that Pau and Bynum can't coexist and we'd have to ship one of them. Today the players are different, roles are same. It seems Mitch & co. haven't seen it yet, let's hope it won't be too late when they do.

If Pau mentally got himself together & actually gave full effort he could still be utilized on this roster. but currently he doesnt stand a chance at recovering as long as his feelings are hurt. but the offense if we cant move him does need him to contribute if he is going to be wasting mins on the floor.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3652 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 19, 2013 - 09:19 AM

No joke, so did I. For some reason I was so confident I was going to see "Pau traded to __"

Maybe it's a sign it will happen soon. Or a sign that after not even one half of a bad season Lakers fans become very desperate people....nah, I'm going with the first one.

#3653 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,503 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:45 AM

What do you guys think about this idea?

Both of the greatest franchises in NBA history are struggling with their new rosters.
Not only is this trade fair due to the fact that the players are struggling in their current systems, but the trade would benefit both teams tremendously despite their rivalry.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=adn5jqj

Jason Terry: Is averaging his lowest amount of ppg and assist in his entire career since his rookie season.
Courtney Lee: Also averaging his lowest amount of ppg and just doesn't seem to fit in the BOS rotation.
Jeff Green: His rebounding ability is his biggest hole and just can't seem to find his niche.

Jason Terry and Courtney Lee would spread the floor for the Lakers bench or any given rotation and would fit very well in the D'Antoni offense despite Terry's age his offense is still their. Jeff Green is also somewhat of a spread 4 and may work well with D12.

Pau Gasol and KG would make a great front court and may possibly be able to revitalize Gasol's career giving him a true Center spot and a pg like Rondo to give him great looks.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3654 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 12:21 PM

What do you guys think about this idea?

Both of the greatest franchises in NBA history are struggling with their new rosters.
Not only is this trade fair due to the fact that the players are struggling in their current systems, but the trade would benefit both teams tremendously despite their rivalry.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=adn5jqj

Jason Terry: Is averaging his lowest amount of ppg and assist in his entire career since his rookie season.
Courtney Lee: Also averaging his lowest amount of ppg and just doesn't seem to fit in the BOS rotation.
Jeff Green: His rebounding ability is his biggest hole and just can't seem to find his niche.

Jason Terry and Courtney Lee would spread the floor for the Lakers bench or any given rotation and would fit very well in the D'Antoni offense despite Terry's age his offense is still their. Jeff Green is also somewhat of a spread 4 and may work well with D12.

Pau Gasol and KG would make a great front court and may possibly be able to revitalize Gasol's career giving him a true Center spot and a pg like Rondo to give him great looks.

Switch Jason Terry with Leandro Barbosa and throw in a couple of Lakers, and i think you got yourself a deal. I even think the Celtics would do that deal as well.

#3655 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 19, 2013 - 01:34 PM

I had a dream last night that Woj was saying that Pau was going to be traded at any minute, only to see that Pau was resigned to a max extension.

Thank god it was just a dream.

#3656 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 19, 2013 - 01:38 PM

I think Josh Smith is going to be moved before the deadline. All this talk about Atlanta feeling good about re-signing him and refusing to consider dealing him was just a smokescreen by Ferry so they can let him be the #1 option to pad his stats and raise his trade value. They've had this dude for like 8 years now and they've long realized he's not fit to be The Man for their franchise.

Whether or not the Lakers get him is hard to tell. Other teams can seemingly make better offers but I don't want to count Mitch out either.

#3657 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,308 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:20 PM

I had a dream last night that Woj was saying that Pau was going to be traded at any minute, only to see that Pau was resigned to a max extension.

Thank god it was just a dream.

this made me laugh.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#3658 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:21 PM

RT @ajchawks: Lou Williams is out for the season with ligament tear of right knee. #ATLHawks

Atlanta's season going down very quickly

#3659 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:30 PM

Mitch will get an allstar caliber player for Pau. Mark my words.

#3660 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 19, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Atlanta's season going down very quickly

Maybe they will start to consider this a lost season and begin rebuilding by trading Smith?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

24 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)