#3602 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,908 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:38 PM

You're still letting yourself get worked up.

I'm going by what you said, you said he is the worst Lakers ever - you are wrong. You can try to skirt the rebuttals all you want, but you are 100% on an island alone in your thinking on him.

#3603 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:43 PM

He definitely doesn't deserve 20 million anymore but he did before. He declined rapidly and can't even adjust to D'Antoni's offense. He is just another spoiled "star" gone way wrong. I can't stand him. His energy, defense, and effort is completely horrible. He is not consistent anymore and he blames other people when he should be blaming himself. Get him out of here holy [expletive].

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3604 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:44 PM

For someone getting paid 20 million, he still was integral in the Lakers winning back to back rings. Right now, he's struggling no doubt, but you're saying he's one of the worst ever, which is heinously wrong on all levels.

You want worse players? David Rivers, Demetrius Calip, Alex Blackwell, JR Reid, Benoit Benjamin, Danny Schayes, Joe Klein, Greg Foster, Sean Rooks, Lloyd Daniels - you need more?

You've got to calm down.

Don't let emotion rule your brain, you'll always come out losing in the end.

What he WAS and what he IS are two entirely different concepts. He's supposed to play to his contract, he's supposed to play to his potential, and he's supposed to play to expectations. When you're paying one player 20 mil, he should be consistent/relatively consistent for his tenure.

He helped LA win a couple of championships and that's his only saving grace. But that cannot be continually used as an excuse for his ball park defense, his charmin softness, and his pathetic attitude. He's had numerous opportunities to turn his career around and he has not done so; he's played like a scrub in the playoffs repeatedly and has shown no abilities to turn it around nor the desire to do so.

In MY eyes, he's one of the worst Lakers ever and nothing will change my mind.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3605 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:52 PM

What he WAS and what he IS are two entirely different concepts. He's supposed to play to his contract, he's supposed to play to his potential, and he's supposed to play to expectations. When you're paying one player 20 mil, he should be consistent/relatively consistent for his tenure.

He helped LA win a couple of championships and that's his only saving grace. But that cannot be continually used as an excuse for his ball park defense, his charmin softness, and his pathetic attitude. He's had numerous opportunities to turn his career around and he has not done so; he's played like a scrub in the playoffs repeatedly and has shown no abilities to turn it around nor the desire to do so.

In MY eyes, he's one of the worst Lakers ever and nothing will change my mind.

So your basically ignoring Pau's two championships he won and played a huge part in to fit your agenda.

To say he's one of the worst Lakers is absurd. Absolutely kills your credibility. Dude turned the franchise around when he arrived in 2008. During those two championship runs Pau was one of the best players in the world. He's gonna get his jersey retired one day by the Lakers and rightfully so.
htCCl0m.png

#3606 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:55 PM

So your basically ignoring Pau's two championships he won and played a huge part in to fit your agenda.

To say he's one of the worst Lakers is absurd. Absolutely kills your credibility. Dude turned the franchise around when he arrived in 2008. During those two championship runs Pau was one of the best players in the world. He's gonna get his jersey retired one day by the Lakers and rightfully so.

He's not the worst Lakers ever, but right now he's not playing anywhere near his good 2008-2010 levels.

Jersey retirement is a different issue. I could see LA retiring his jersey if he makes the HOF. He won't make it based on his NBA accomplishments, but the HOF includes international stuff as well, so Pau might get inducted. Honestly though, the way he's been playing the last 2 ish years, he doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired. In my mind he's become a role player now and nothing more.

#3607 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,587 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:56 PM

Has pau really said he doesn't want to come of the bench?

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#3608 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 01:57 PM

Has pau really said he doesn't want to come of the bench?

He said "probably not"

#3609 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:00 PM

Are you illiterate?

He helped LA win a couple of championships and that's his only saving grace.

Turned the franchise around? Who do you think we are? The Charlotte Bobcats? Pau Gasol played second fiddle to Kobe Bryant before getting mauled in the 1st round of the playoffs in Memphis.

Everything you're talking about is past tense. Just because you HELPED bring 2 championships to this franchise doesn't give you the green light to be [expletive] on by players like Kenneth Faried, Carl Landry, and pretty much anyone you've been matched up against. It does not give you the green light to play at a high school basketball level for two straight playoff appearances. It does not give you the green light to point fingers every which way but at yourself. It does not give you the green light to put up a measly 12/8 42% FG in this current season.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3610 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:01 PM

He's not the worst Lakers ever, but right now he's not playing anywhere near his good 2008-2010 levels.

Jersey retirement is a different issue. I could see LA retiring his jersey if he makes the HOF. He won't make it based on his NBA accomplishments, but the HOF includes international stuff as well, so Pau might get inducted. Honestly though, the way he's been playing the last 2 ish years, he doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired. In my mind he's become a role player now and nothing more.

I never denied that Pau has declined significantly the last few seasons. He clearly has, however you can't ignore what he did for us in his prime. To me what he did and being so consistent in those two championship runs is deserving of having his jersey retired. We were in mediocrity and Gasol made us a legit contender again.
htCCl0m.png

#3611 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:01 PM

lmao at "retire his jersey"

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3612 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Are you illiterate?

Turned the franchise around? Who do you think we are? The Charlotte Bobcats? Pau Gasol played second fiddle to Kobe Bryant before getting mauled in the 1st round of the playoffs in Memphis.

Everything you're talking about is past tense. Just because you HELPED bring 2 championships to this franchise doesn't give you the green light to be [expletive] on by players like Kenneth Faried, Carl Landry, and pretty much anyone you've been matched up against. It does not give you the green light to play at a high school basketball level for two straight playoff appearances. It does not give you the green light to point fingers every which way but at yourself. It does not give you the green light to put up a measly 12/8 42% FG in this current season.

Pau absolutely turned this franchise around. The Lakers were stuck has a 7th/8th seed and a perenial first round exit before he came. Pau made us a legit contender again. Sure he was clearly second fiddle to Kobe, but so what? Kobe was the best player in the game in his prime anyone else in the league would've played second fiddle to him. Pau was a consistent 20/10 guy and gave Kobe that consistent support he needed that no one else provided. Again no one is denying Pau has declined, but to say he's one of the worst Lakers ever is ridiculous.
htCCl0m.png

#3613 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:04 PM

lmao at "retire his jersey"

lmao at "one of worst Lakers ever"

htCCl0m.png

#3614 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:09 PM

I never denied that Pau has declined significantly the last few seasons. He clearly has, however you can't ignore what he did for us in his prime. To me what he did and being so consistent in those two championship runs is deserving of having his jersey retired. We were in mediocrity and Gasol made us a legit contender again.

I personally don't feel being a second option on two championship teams warrants Pau getting his jersey retired on the Lakers specifically, especially after the disappointment that ensued shortly after. But like I said because of his international accomplishments it may end up happening anyways if he stays a Laker for long enough.

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 18, 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#3615 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:12 PM

Pau absolutely turned this franchise around. The Lakers were stuck has a 7th/8th seed and a perenial first round exit before he came. Pau made us a legit contender again. Sure he was clearly second fiddle to Kobe, but so what? Kobe was the best player in the game in his prime anyone else in the league would've played second fiddle to him. Pau was a consistent 20/10 guy and gave Kobe that consistent support he needed that no one else provided. Again no one is denying Pau has declined, but to say he's one of the worst Lakers ever is ridiculous.

He played Robin to Kobe's Batman. He's won nothing without Kobe, PJ, LO, Bynum

Do you see me refuting anything he did in the past? No, but why hasn't he had sustained effort? Not only sustained...but he's turned into complete [expletive]...nowhere near the level of player he used to be.

Look at his numbers and his play on the court...what do they suggest to you? A garbage ass player.

Edited by Windu, January 18, 2013 - 02:12 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3616 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:13 PM

lmao at "one of worst Lakers ever"

He's playing like it

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3617 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:17 PM

We're honestly probably stuck with Pau this year. His value is the lowest it's ever been and I don't know what we could get from say Minnesota. If it is that Cunningham scrub then that just says how bad Pau's value is.

#3618 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:27 PM

We're honestly probably stuck with Pau this year. His value is the lowest it's ever been and I don't know what we could get from say Minnesota. If it is that Cunningham scrub then that just says how bad Pau's value is.

The Lakers called on Cunningham, the Wolves didn't offer him for Gasol.

There's no chance whatsoever that its even a possibility with that type of deal. Cunningham is a throw in. Lakers called because he is a cheap option potentially

#3619 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:35 PM

The Lakers called on Cunningham, the Wolves didn't offer him for Gasol.

There's no chance whatsoever that its even a possibility with that type of deal. Cunningham is a throw in. Lakers called because he is a cheap option potentially

It better not be... he's a hustler but I'd still rather have Pau over him.. I think? Anyway, I don't see us getting a whole lot for Pau.

#3620 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted January 18, 2013 - 02:54 PM

It better not be... he's a hustler but I'd still rather have Pau over him.. I think? Anyway, I don't see us getting a whole lot for Pau.

Well just some FYI, Minnesota needs to send us more pieces to match salaries. Cunningham for Gasol isn't even close to working, in fact it's around 16 million short

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)