9329 replies to this topic

#3401 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 14, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Hell no. Pau has been dissapointing this season, but we can definitely get a better package than that.

No, we can't. This trade would actually help us a lot. We get a real back-up Center, who can protect the rim and we get one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, who can shoot 3s just as well as Meeks. It also saves us money in the long run.

#3402 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 14, 2013 - 11:58 PM

How about this one:
Lakers get George Hill + Sam Dalembert.
Indiana get Monta Ellis
Milwaukee get Pau Gasol and either Meeks or Morris.

Lol if that's the case why wouldn't we just take Ellis from Milwaukee? He is a top 5-10 shooting guard.

#3403 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 11:59 PM

No, we can't. This trade would actually help us a lot. We get a real back-up Center, who can protect the rim and we get one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, who can shoot 3s just as well as Meeks. It also saves us money in the long run.

Did you just say that George hill is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league? Just stop with this argument.

#3404 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 15, 2013 - 01:54 AM

well its the 15th. If there isnt a move in 5 days I doubt we will see anything until the trade deadline and really by then it will probably be too late. Honestly if they trade pau at the trade deadline that would have to be the dumbest move ever unless they get a great deal. Best deals happen in the offseason and pau will be worth more in this offseason. I can understand trading him now to salvage the season but right at the deadline will be too late and we might as well wait until the off season to get the best deal and reload for next season, unload all the trash and hope we can get a decent bench out of pau.

#3405 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2013 - 02:05 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=dxfta2e

Minnesota gets Pau and keeps Derrick Williams..Lakers get a glue guy and another wing player...Boston gets their big man to help Garnett. Boston has to send a pick out if they're getting Pekovic for Lee.

I'd try to get Avery Bradley as well so they can have someone that can actually effectively guard quick point guards but Courtney Lee isn't so bad. Him and Dwight can have their little Orlando connection going.

Seems like a good deal for the Lakers and Celtics. Timberwolves fans may balk at giving up Kirilenko and Pekovic for Pau but we don't know how desperate David Kahn is. This is the same dude that gave a $20 million contract to Darko Milliic.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=cdaozpd

Here's another variation of it they want to keep Kirilenko. Derrick Williams is no Kirilenko but he's young and athletic with potential. Problem is they only have enough room to take on 2 players in a trade. They'd have to waive someone or buyout or something.

If I'm Mitch, I'd try to squeeze some picks out of Minnesota if I'm not getting Kirilenko. Boston definitely needs to give up a pick if they're getting Pekovic for Lee.

Edited by Phil Jackson, January 15, 2013 - 02:07 AM.

#3406 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 02:37 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=dxfta2e

Minnesota gets Pau and keeps Derrick Williams..Lakers get a glue guy and another wing player...Boston gets their big man to help Garnett. Boston has to send a pick out if they're getting Pekovic for Lee.

I'd try to get Avery Bradley as well so they can have someone that can actually effectively guard quick point guards but Courtney Lee isn't so bad. Him and Dwight can have their little Orlando connection going.

Seems like a good deal for the Lakers and Celtics. Timberwolves fans may balk at giving up Kirilenko and Pekovic for Pau but we don't know how desperate David Kahn is. This is the same dude that gave a $20 million contract to Darko Milliic.

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=cdaozpd

Here's another variation of it they want to keep Kirilenko. Derrick Williams is no Kirilenko but he's young and athletic with potential. Problem is they only have enough room to take on 2 players in a trade. They'd have to waive someone or buyout or something.

If I'm Mitch, I'd try to squeeze some picks out of Minnesota if I'm not getting Kirilenko. Boston definitely needs to give up a pick if they're getting Pekovic for Lee.

When I see this team, I still go back to the Pau for Bradley and Jeff green deal. Both teams fill needs (and fill them perfectly may I add). Also I would like to try and get perry jones from OKC, i like his game and I like lamb too, those two are being VERY underused and would love to see them play on a team where their talent can be brought to light. If you can get Bradley and green and add a guy like maybe a Hakeem warrick or a Tyrus Thomas than we got something cooking here as we would have an extremely deep team at all positions.

And do t forget about those guys:

Kris humphries
Brendan Haywood
Blatche
Robin Lopez
Alonzo gee
Ben Gordon
Wilson chandler
Nate Robinson
Beasley
Sebastian telfair
MARSHON BROOKS
OJ MAYO
Batum (I love this guys game)

Edited by MrKnowItAll, January 15, 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#3407 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson

Posted January 15, 2013 - 02:39 AM

When I see this team, I still go back to the Pau for Bradley and Jeff green deal. Both teams fill needs (and fill them perfectly may I add). Also I would like to try and get perry jones from OKC, i like his game and I like lamb too, those two are being VERY underused and would love to see them play on a team where their talent can be brought to light. If you can get Bradley and green and add a guy like maybe a Hakeem warrick or a tutus Thomas than we got something cooking here as we would have an extremely deep team at all positions.

Jeff Green sucks and so does his contract

#3408 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 02:49 AM

Jeff Green sucks and so does his contract

I don't think you're giving the guy a fair judgement, the guy just came from not playing basketball for almost a YEAR. Give him a few weeks and a different team, he can put some numbers up that might impress you.

#3409 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,002 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 05:06 AM

Did you just say that George hill is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league? Just stop with this argument.

Allright, one of the best perimeter defenders is a bit of a stretch, but he is damn solid this season and while he isn't Avery Bradley, he can defend both 1s and 2s very well - 82games and Synergy would agree with me.

#3410 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 15, 2013 - 06:28 AM

i think Pau will consider retirement after his contract ends. If his knees are truly bad it wouldn't surprise me if he retires after this year. 20 mil on the table?? Retract my last statement :laughing:

#3411 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio

Posted January 15, 2013 - 07:48 AM

12.2 points, 41 FG%, 2 TOs and 8.4 rebounds per game. Is he a 20-million-worth player?

Edited by Nak, January 15, 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#3412 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,472 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 15, 2013 - 09:43 AM

Jeff Green? You can't be serious. He is terrible.

#3413 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Jeff Green is far from terrible. Give the guy a Break. You guys talk about giving dwight time cause he had surgery, was out for an extended period etc. He's been out alot longer, give him about a year. Green could be a great player.

#3414 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:30 AM

Jeff Green? You can't be serious. He is terrible.

Green is a good player when healthy. The guy sat out an entire season. It's gonna take him awhile to get back to where he was pre-injury.
htCCl0m.png

#3415 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 15, 2013 - 12:16 PM

No on Jeff Green. He's only really had one good season shooting threes and he's never really been a good defender.

He's not worth it, especially on the contract that he's on.

Posted Image

• 40,603 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 01:31 PM

12.2 points, 41 FG%, 2 TOs and 8.4 rebounds per game. Is he a 20-million-worth player?

I'm amazed frankly that he's still managed to be at the 40% range honestly.

yo.

#3417 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 15, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Jeff Green is far from terrible. Give the guy a Break. You guys talk about giving dwight time cause he had surgery, was out for an extended period etc. He's been out alot longer, give him about a year. Green could be a great player.

its not the same. ..we say give dwight time cuz hes still injured,not 100% yet. jeff green is healthy, just rusty. big difference; but ya, you gotta give a player some time for the rust to wear off;not a whole season tho;maybe like 20 games...

#3418 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 03:45 PM

its not the same. ..we say give dwight time cuz hes still injured,not 100% yet. jeff green is healthy, just rusty. big difference; but ya, you gotta give a player some time for the rust to wear off;not a whole season tho;maybe like 20 games...

I do t think the severity of his injury right now is what people think. Dwight is AT LEAST 85-90% healthy.

#3419 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:22 PM

I do t think the severity of his injury right now is what people think. Dwight is AT LEAST 85-90% healthy.

ya hes 85-90 i agree. mind u, dwights whole game is predicated on athleticism..

#3420 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 04:31 PM

ya hes 85-90 i agree. mind u, dwights whole game is predicated on athleticism..

Yes. But even at 90% health he is still more athletic than 90% of the other centers out there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)