lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:50 PM

I keep thinking one of these days I will see a tweet from Woj saying:

LA Lakers in talks with (insert team here) to trade Pau Gasol for (insert player(s) here).

#3262 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:29 PM

With Pau and the Lakers both struggling, I hope they realize his value is now low. It just didn't work out for the Lakers when they played the waiting game. I hope in the future they realize the risks in playing that.

I really get the feeling that they got ok offers early, but insisted on waiting to try and get better ones. That's based on rumors and how they've operated over the years.

Posted Image

#3263 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,268 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 11:53 PM

http://www.sacbee.co...l#storylink=cpy

Trading Evans for aging, declining veterans, or worse, for other players who hear "pass" and immediately think "four-letter word," would be an absolute arena emptier.

But the Kings should be – and they definitely are – willing to listen. Given the inordinate number of injuries suffered by players on contending teams, a healthy Evans will generate more interest by the day.

The Memphis Grizzlies, who are aggressively attempting to shed payroll and are shopping small forward Rudy Gay, have made inquiries. The Lakers and Denver Nuggets have long been intrigued. So have the Boston Celtics.

Edited by Chad, January 09, 2013 - 11:54 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#3264 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:00 AM

hey, what do you guys think of

LAL get - ilysova /tyreke Evans / gooden

Bucks get - Pau/thorton

kings get - M.Ellis

(works on the trade machine, with udrih's contract of 500,000 thou less instead of ilyasovas cuz he cant be traded until the 15th)

we'd get a stretch 4 for nash and dwight(ala Frye/Anderson) , who's a good rebounder - 9rpg in 28mpg last year , athletic kid.
also we get our bench centerpiece - offense off the dribble for the bench.

Nash
kobe
Mwp
Ilyasova
Dwight

Evans - guards SGs on D
Meeks - guards PGs on D (Underrated 1on1 defender, not worse than morris, morris stays getting crossed)
Clark - helps this unit rebound, ala matt barnes. great on the offensive boards / defends best SG/SF
Hill/Ilyasova
Dwight/Hill

even antwan jamison(whom i hate) would really benefit from a player who can create off the dribble; jamison would get open looks, and he'd get to beat recovering defenders off the dribble

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 10, 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3265 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,139 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:10 AM

hey, what do you guys think of

LAL get - ilysova /tyreke Evans / gooden

Bucks get - Pau/thorton

kings get - M.Ellis

(works on the trade machine, with udrih's contract of 500,000 thou less instead of ilyasovas cuz he cant be traded until the 15th)

we'd get a stretch 4 for nash and dwight(ala Frye/Anderson) , who's a good rebounder - 9rpg in 28mpg last year , athletic kid.
also we get our bench centerpiece - offense off the dribble for the bench.

Nash
kobe
Mwp
Ilyasova
Dwight

Evans - guards SGs on D
Meeks - guards PGs on D (Underrated 1on1 defender, not worse than morris, morris stays getting crossed)
Clark - helps this unit rebound, ala matt barnes. great on the offensive boards / defends best SG/SF
Hill/Ilyasova
Dwight/Hill

even antwan jamison(whom i hate) would really benefit from a player who can create off the dribble; jamison would get open looks, and he'd get to beat recovering defenders off the dribble

Get off of ilyasovas sack.

#3266 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,345 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:11 AM

Contribute something to this board.

#3267 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:12 AM

I thought Sac wanted to clear up the backcourt a little bit, why would they want Ellis?

#3268 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:12 AM

whats your problem with athletic stretch 4s who are pretty good rebounders? im sure youd love to have ryan anderson,why not ilyasova?

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 10, 2013 - 12:13 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3269 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:13 AM

I thought Sac wanted to clear up the backcourt a little bit, why would they want Ellis?

they do clear it up. its a 2 for 1 backcourt deal

#3270 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:14 AM

Ohhhh didn't see Marcus Thornton there, my bad. Been a long day haha

#3271 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:22 AM

Milwaukee has no reason to trade Monta Ellis right now, especially after they decided to part ways with Skiles. Fact is, Skiles just didn't like the team, how they played...and Milwaukee stood behind Jennings and Ellis.

Ilyasova rebounded and played so well last season so he could get his five years, $40 million. It was the ONLY good season he had, out of the five so far (including this year). He scammed Milwaukee, basically. He's shooting as bad as Gasol from the floor (around 41%), not rebounding as well (under six a night, and under nine PER36), and his defense is still awful.

I'm tired of stretch fours on this team. Gasol sucks, Jamison sucks. Ilyasova is the same type of player, but not even close to the caliber they were at back in their primes. There's no point in bringing him here, and even if we did, I'd start Jordan Hill AND Earl Clark over him in a heartbeat.

#3272 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Milwaukee has no reason to trade Monta Ellis right now, especially after they decided to part ways with Skiles. Fact is, Skiles just didn't like the team, how they played...and Milwaukee stood behind Jennings and Ellis.

Ilyasova rebounded and played so well last season so he could get his five years, $40 million. It was the ONLY good season he had, out of the five so far (including this year). He scammed Milwaukee, basically. He's shooting as bad as Gasol from the floor (around 41%), not rebounding as well (under six a night, and under nine PER36), and his defense is still awful.

I'm tired of stretch fours on this team. Gasol sucks, Jamison sucks. Ilyasova is the same type of player, but not even close to the caliber they were at back in their primes. There's no point in bringing him here, and even if we did, I'd start Jordan Hill AND Earl Clark over him in a heartbeat.

damn u really dont like him. he had a bad shooting month in november, since then hes shooting about 47%, which is not bad because hes not a post player. hes also shooting 40% from 3, he shot 45% last year from 3. nash plays great with stretch 4s! he would get alot more open looks with both nash AND dwight ,as opposed to the looks hes getting witht the bucks....

and sure, why trade ellis if its not a great deal.
Thorton avg 19 ppg last year, thats a very,very solid 2 guard who you could go to ,next to BJ. also, Pau provides the easy buckets that they lack.

and btw ilyasova's per 36 for rebounds is the same as gasol's; and both pau and ily are expected to rebound better.

#3273 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,475 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 10, 2013 - 12:57 AM

I have been seeing a lot of rumor about Tyreke Evans. I wouldn't mind getting the guy. Would fix our back up pg problem and we could have a future pg. I mena the guy was the rookie of the year not to long ago and I think he can get back to form if on the right team. That whole kings team is cancer and just makes players worse.

#3274 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:12 AM

Monta can opt out after this season and isn't playing that well for them. He's shooting under 40% for the season. I'm not really a huge fan of him though for the Lakers. He doesn't play defense, and the Lakers can't afford to get any worse on defense.

From Milwaukee, I'd like Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. He's a great defender and can play both PF and SF. Him and Metta can switch depending on the matchups.

Posted Image

#3275 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,139 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:28 AM

whats your problem with athletic stretch 4s who are pretty good rebounders? im sure youd love to have ryan anderson,why not ilyasova?

Yes Anderson would be good on the offensive end, idk about the other end. Ersan is not an athletic 4. He can shoot, but he's not a great shooter. He's not great at anything and I don't think he would fit this team. And I sure as hell don't think Kobe or Dwight would trust him to do anything. I don't like him.

#3276 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,139 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:29 AM

Monta can opt out after this season and isn't playing that well for them. He's shooting under 40% for the season. I'm not really a huge fan of him though for the Lakers. He doesn't play defense, and the Lakers can't afford to get any worse on defense.

From Milwaukee, I'd like Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. He's a great defender and can play both PF and SF. Him and Metta can switch depending on the matchups.

I agree with you on mbah. Disagree with you on monta. The guy is not built to be the 1st or 2nd option.

#3277 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:53 AM

There's only a couple of teams that I can see being in multi-team trades involving Pau Gasol.

T-Wolves
Kings
Grizzlies
Bucks
(If Danny Granger wasn't injured), I would have added the Pacers.

Other teams that I see being active at the trade deadline.

Celtics
Raptors
Jazz

#3278 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 10, 2013 - 06:41 AM

Rudy is the perfect fit for the squad & for Kobe. Another combo Wing that can create for himself & others & is in his prime. this will help Nash & Kobe the most.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3279 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,000 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:06 AM

I'm tired of stretch fours on this team.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3280 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,024 posts

Posted January 10, 2013 - 07:15 AM

We need a dirty/physical Pf.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users