9329 replies to this topic

#3241 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2013 - 08:50 PM

Real Deal, what are Kobe and Metta's defensive numbers this season? I know they were good early this season when I thought they would be bad, but I'd be shocked if they were good now. It seems like wing players just light up the Lakers every time.

To relate it to this topic, I think perimeter defense and just defense in general needs to be addressed greatly in any trade.

Edited by Japago, January 08, 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

#3242 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Josh Smith or Rudy Gay. I'll be happy with any of those two..

Btw

http://www.youtube.c...&v=jCNUZnFcycQ#!

Edited by Ham, January 08, 2013 - 08:59 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3243 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 08, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Real Deal, what are Kobe and Metta's defensive numbers this season? I know they were good early this season when I thought they would be bad, but I'd be shocked if they were good now. It seems like wing players just light up the Lakers every time.

Kobe's are still sitting pretty low (low = good)...allowed eFG% of just 44.9% and an allowed PER of 11.5.

Ron's are at 52.2% allowed eFG% and 14.5 allowed PER.

Honestly, Ron has SOME wiggle room, as he's usually defending the best player on the court...but his are still a bit too high for being a specialty on-ball defender.

As a player who roams, you'd think Kobe's defensive numbers would be higher (worse). I guess you do have to consider that Kobe's biggest issue on defense is giving up the three, and the truth is, the three-point shot is never the most efficient. Thing is, if they were making them at a high chip, his eFG% would show it...and it isn't. Three-point shots, in eFG%, are more valuable (percentage-wise) than the two-pointer.

So, for instance...Kobe can defend a guy that shoots 6-12, no threes, and that means he allowed 50% eFG. He can then defend a guy that goes 4-10, two threes, but yet...again, he allowed 50% eFG when considering the value of the shots beyond the arc.

#3244 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm surprised there are no rumors regarding Pau Gasol yet... Knowing Mitch, Idk if this means he's getting traded or it could be that no one wants him.

#3245 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 08, 2013 - 10:13 PM

I'm surprised there are no rumors regarding Pau Gasol yet... Knowing Mitch, Idk if this means he's getting traded or it could be that no one wants him.

Well not much you can do with a guy suffering from concussion symptoms. I expect things to pick up on that front when he returns.

#3246 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,645 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:07 PM

Gasol is probably getting ONE MORE chance against OKC(if he can play)

If anything he had better have been watching Sacre AND CLARK out there with Nash and tell himself. Hmm...well... Sacre got 10 points rolling to the basket.. and missed 3 easy hook shots id obviously make and he was taking jumpers within 5-8 feet from the basket.. I can do that!! And Clark rolled to the basket too and he got 7 points.... WHY THE FREAK AM I POPPING OUT FOR JUMP SHOTS!?!?! I SHOULD BE ROLLING TO THE BASKET LIKE D'ANTONI ASKS ME TO.

But I'm doubting that he does it.

But watching Sacre and Clark toll to the basket with Nash and pick and roll correctly with him makes it stand out even more how much the offense actually SLOWS DOWN when Gasol refuses to do it. Howard doesn't escape blame either, intent to post up rather than Pick and Roll with Nash a majority of the time. But it's not as obvious I gather.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 11:50 PM

^ Couldn't agree more. I noticed this all as well. It's so frustrating that Pau & Dwight don't seem to get it. Nash could make things so much easier for both of them if they'd follow fit. If they can't realize and notice this watching scrubs have more success (in a way) then there's probably no hope whatsoever.

yo.

#3248 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:08 AM

^ Couldn't agree more. I noticed this all as well. It's so frustrating that Pau & Dwight don't seem to get it. Nash could make things so much easier for both of them if they'd follow fit. If they can't realize and notice this watching scrubs have more success (in a way) then there's probably no hope whatsoever.

^Nash cant make Pau make wide open jumpers!
Nash cant have D12 develop a mid range jumper that he doesnt have in his arsenal.

So PnR ops with these 2 are worthless if D12 cant catch lobs
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3249 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:11 AM

I think the Lakers should get a somebody to guard guards and a hybrid SF/PF defensively like Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. That's probably my best guest if Kobe is still doing well defensively and Metta is in the middle.

Posted Image

#3250 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,086 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:37 AM

Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahoo

Cavaliers forward-center Anderson Varejao will have knee surgery Thursday and is expected to be out 6-8 weeks.

So much for having Varejao

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3251 r9fan

r9fan

Rookie

• 248 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:47 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=b5kt22e

LOL. This would get us Rudy Gay i think. Just having fun with trade machine.

this is actually pretty interesting, memphis might accept this deal because they are getting rid of rudy's contract (biggest reason they want to trade him, not his play FYI) and also getting some decent players back with less money on their contract (monta expires after next season). Milwakee would defintely do it and I think lakers would too. More realistic than I first thought.

#3252 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:49 AM

Pau is a very smart guy. He obviously doesn't want to leave this team/city. He just seems to play worse when our team approaches the trade deadline. Injuries are injuries...but this guy knows what he's doing.

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 10:48 AM

^Nash cant make Pau make wide open jumpers!
Nash cant have D12 develop a mid range jumper that he doesnt have in his arsenal.

So PnR ops with these 2 are worthless if D12 cant catch lobs

You're right, he obviously can't, it's on them, but, having said that, my point was more so that them two, especially Pau, could learn a thing or two from just watching Sacre last night rolling to the basket more often on pick & roll situations with Nash constantly feeding him for easier opportunities, opportunities that in comparison, many a player the calibur of Pau would or should capitalize on as opposed to Sacre.

yo.

#3254 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 09, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Can't believe there isnt at least rumors on pau. Man this is frustrating.

#3255 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,541 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 04:51 PM

Tell me about it. Mitch should do a Bucks - Memphis - Lakers trade. Every team can win from a trade with this combination.

#3256 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 09, 2013 - 05:00 PM

thats a good thing
Posted Image

#3257 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 515 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted January 09, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Pau is a very smart guy. He obviously doesn't want to leave this team/city. He just seems to play worse when our team approaches the trade deadline. Injuries are injuries...but this guy knows what he's doing.

I seriously doubt Pau would intentionally play bad. I just refuse to believe that.

#3258 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:47 PM

With Love out for awhile it makes a lot of sense in Minnesota...

#3259 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nonsense.

#3260 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,310 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee don't start Pau when Dwight comes back.

Edited by Chad, January 09, 2013 - 09:34 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)