#3021 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Is Pau Gasol still a Laker? Someone told me that he is already packing his things in his mansion.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#3022 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 470 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96

Posted January 06, 2013 - 08:05 AM

It makes me so sad seeing this. ------> Pau Gasol in the 2010 NBA Playoffs.

Actually made me sad
To Live and Die in L.A

#3023 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted January 06, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Sources say the Cavs and Timberwolves have talked about an Anderson Varejao trade. Minnesota would probably want the Cavs to take back forward Derrick Williams, which could be a deal-breaker. The Cavs could have interest in center Nikola Pekovic, a bruising 6-11, 290-pounder. Before anyone gets excited, forward Kevin Love is not available.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/360550?eref=twitter_feed

I have a feeling that the Lakers might be involved in this, kinda weird that both of them asked for Pau

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3024 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 615 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 06, 2013 - 09:55 AM

^ I hope you're right. Pau needs to go.

#3025 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 09:58 AM

that guy went to my HS, i would love to see him on the lakers

You went to LM? That's cool, I went to La Serna haha

#3026 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:00 AM

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/360550?eref=twitter_feed

I have a feeling that the Lakers might be involved in this, kinda weird that both of them asked for Pau

I was thinking about this last night but it makes more sense for Pau to go to Minnesota, Pekovic to Cleveland, with other pieces coming to the Lakers.

I'd be more than happy with a Varejao/Barea/Williams package but that might be asking too much

#3027 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 06, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Max Luckan@MaxLuckan
The Lakers have begun gauging the market for F Pau Gasol, per a source.

and if u hate on Max Luckan, ur just a hater. no reason to not think hes credible. he's proved himself time and time again to me.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3028 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 11:57 AM

Im not sure about Derrick Williams. Rick Adelman is just as much of an offensive genius D'Antoni is even Adelman cant get this guy to be a good offfensive player than I dont think we can either. If we're gonna get him fine but give him up for Duhon or Blake or something
(pipe dream I know).

if Pau Gasol is still a Laker after the trade deadline I dont blame them theres not really a market for them and we're just stuck with his lame ass. Just unfortunate I guess. JIm and Mitch have done what they can to improve this team and add pieces around the Big 4 and its not working. On paper this was supposed to be a great team, injuries, coaching changes and pansy behavior from Pau and Dwight have really screwed up this year

Edited by MDI, January 06, 2013 - 12:00 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3029 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:01 PM

derrick williams has talent. he really just needs to get his Jumper down. ima Derrick Williams hater, just because of where he was picked in the draft, but, thats not his fault. williams has guard handles,can create off the dribble - thats the part of his game that proves he can be something in this league. if his jumper was just consistent, he could avg 15 ppg.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3030 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:01 PM

You went to LM? That's cool, I went to La Serna haha

I went to Cal High. :). Live in LM

#3031 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:02 PM

I thought this deserved its own topic, I am aware of the importance of something that deserves its own topic and I believe this does so I hope it doesnt get locked.

Saying that all I keep hearing is how Dantoni is not using Pau enough and how this is not the right system for him and that is why he is struggling. I cant imagine how frustrated Dantoni must feel cause even people like Magic Johnson are calling him out for it but its so blatantly obvious to me, its not the offense. Pau just simply cant play anymore, he has no lift in his legs anymore and its limiting him so much. there was one play the last game where Morris gave Pau a pass in the middle of the paint and he couldnt do one thing with it. I was just thinking if this was Pau in 2010 he would of found a way to get the ball up at the rim with his soft touch somehow for a good chance at a bucket but instead he caught it, couldnt move anywhere, couldnt get up, and therefore had the ball taken away simply easy.

He is just a liability now, he brings nothing to the table other than his passing ability at the top of the key but that is far outweighed by his lack of mobility to do anything on defense and around the rim. Its obvious this team is far better with Jordan Hill and his energy on the court and even Jamison and his ability to cut to the basket and spread the floor.

If that offer for Derrick Williams and possibly J.J. Barea is on the table, Kupcheck needs to take it immedietly. We dont need a PF in return, we have two very capable PF's in Hill and Jamison then even World Peace at that spot if Dantoni chooses to use him there and Hill could backup Dwight when hes off the floor. Then not only would we be fine at those positions we add an athletic wing which we lack of with high potential to be much more and a perfect backup PG in this system.

I like Pau, dont get me wrong, I am very grateful and was a huge fan of his for the past 5 years on his way to helping the Lakers win 2 championships but his time here is finished, he either needs to be traded or accept a much lesser role as just a backup to Dwight cause he cant play PF anymore.

with the trade with the Wolves we have a much more balance and deep roster with a good mix of athleticism and experience. We will see an immediate change for the better on this team.

Nash/Barea
Bryant/Meeks
World Peace/Williams
Hill/Jamsion
Howard/Hill
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#3032 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Pau just simply cant play

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3033 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Merged Shooter's thread into this one. We are trying to prevent clutter and you have good points so I will not lock the thread.

#3034 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:23 PM

I like how we have the balls to hire D'Antoni over Phil, but not bench Pau? He better not be in the starting lineup...

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#3035 integrate0

integrate0

Rookie

• 73 posts
  • Name:j
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:24 PM

Actually made me sad

Look at how efficient that triangle was. Amazing.

#3036 Shooter871

Shooter871

Veteran

• 1,429 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Merged Shooter's thread into this one. We are trying to prevent clutter and you have good points so I will not lock the thread.

Thanks, I hope people actually read it though, I dont post very often but I felt so strongly about this and put a lot of thought into it so I wanted to put it out there to Laker fans.
:fisher: / :kobe: / :artest: / :pau: / :bynum:

#3037 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:39 PM

and if u hate on Max Luckan, ur just a hater. no reason to not think hes credible. he's proved himself time and time again to me.

I don't remember the last time he was right. And that's not being a hater.

And to be honest, it's not very insider-ish to know that the Lakers are interested in trading Gasol.

#3038 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:40 PM

I thought this deserved its own topic, I am aware of the importance of something that deserves its own topic and I believe this does so I hope it doesnt get locked.

Saying that all I keep hearing is how Dantoni is not using Pau enough and how this is not the right system for him and that is why he is struggling. I cant imagine how frustrated Dantoni must feel cause even people like Magic Johnson are calling him out for it but its so blatantly obvious to me, its not the offense. Pau just simply cant play anymore, he has no lift in his legs anymore and its limiting him so much. there was one play the last game where Morris gave Pau a pass in the middle of the paint and he couldnt do one thing with it. I was just thinking if this was Pau in 2010 he would of found a way to get the ball up at the rim with his soft touch somehow for a good chance at a bucket but instead he caught it, couldnt move anywhere, couldnt get up, and therefore had the ball taken away simply easy.

He is just a liability now, he brings nothing to the table other than his passing ability at the top of the key but that is far outweighed by his lack of mobility to do anything on defense and around the rim. Its obvious this team is far better with Jordan Hill and his energy on the court and even Jamison and his ability to cut to the basket and spread the floor.

If that offer for Derrick Williams and possibly J.J. Barea is on the table, Kupcheck needs to take it immedietly. We dont need a PF in return, we have two very capable PF's in Hill and Jamison then even World Peace at that spot if Dantoni chooses to use him there and Hill could backup Dwight when hes off the floor. Then not only would we be fine at those positions we add an athletic wing which we lack of with high potential to be much more and a perfect backup PG in this system.

I like Pau, dont get me wrong, I am very grateful and was a huge fan of his for the past 5 years on his way to helping the Lakers win 2 championships but his time here is finished, he either needs to be traded or accept a much lesser role as just a backup to Dwight cause he cant play PF anymore.

with the trade with the Wolves we have a much more balance and deep roster with a good mix of athleticism and experience. We will see an immediate change for the better on this team.

Nash/Barea
Bryant/Meeks
World Peace/Williams
Hill/Jamsion
Howard/Hill

#3039 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Nobody is taking Pau contract this year imo. Come summertime, definitely. But not now. Also, kinda crazy to think that Pau had the highest offensive rating in the league in 2009.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#3040 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:45 PM

I don't remember the last time he was right. And that's not being a hater.

And to be honest, it's not very insider-ish to know that the Lakers are interested in trading Gasol.

He's much better than somebody like Incarcerated Bob, but you have a point. I've learned that I don't believe anything unless it is said in the words of Woj, Stein, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users