• Please log in to reply
9329 replies to this topic

#2901 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Sooo hes shooting 31% in the post and hes shooting 40% since Nash returned. Pau is 0/2 you can gladly trade him now and he isnt gonna turn into the old Pau now

http://www.usatoday....99/?sf8366091=1

Gasol - who hit one of six shots for two points and is now shooting just 40.3%(25 of 62) in the six games since Steve Nash returned from injury

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2902 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Caption this

Posted Image

I'm about to be shipped out too.

I read on the the wall outside that U-Haul is running a nice deal on the Super Soft Trucks right now, I think I will check that out.

Btw, have you met my friend Dwight?

Edited by Chad, January 05, 2013 - 10:43 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#2903 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Pau is not the problem people...those that understand basketball should know. He lead Spain to a silver nearly dethroning he USA team.

We should go get Carlos Arroyo, too, since Puerto Rico beat Team USA in 2004.

#2904 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:28 AM

POPULAR

My thoughts on Gasol:

After defending the guy for the last 2-3 years, last night really was it for me.

In what is supposed to be such a big game for the Lakers, the guy did what he has done in the last two playoff series.... disappeared.

We can point to the system excuse, that he isn't being utilized correctly, he should be in the post.... JUST SHUT UP. It's downright ridiculous now.

He isn't agressive when he gets the ball. Look at each time he touches the ball, he is automatically looking to pass. Then when he finally gets in the post, you would think he is a 6 feet tall by the way he tries to put up a shot. The stats don't lie about how productive he's been.

Gasol is a phenomenal passer, I won't take that away from him. But we don't need him to be a facilitator for 20 million dollars a year. We have Steve Nash to be the passer on this team.

There is one shot to save this season and I think it will happen very soon. Trade Pau for pieces, it doesn't need to be a monumental trade but bring in 2-3 pieces that provides us with depth. Kobe, Dwight, Nash is enough offensively in our starting five. We need pieces that fit this system.

Appreciate everything you have done Pau. Thanks for being a big part in our last two championships, but it's time to move on. New blood will help this team.

#2905 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:37 AM

My thoughts on Gasol:

After defending the guy for the last 2-3 years, last night really was it for me.

In what is supposed to be such a big game for the Lakers, the guy did what he has done in the last two playoff series.... disappeared.

We can point to the system excuse, that he isn't being utilized correctly, he should be in the post.... JUST SHUT UP. It's downright ridiculous now.

He isn't agressive when he gets the ball. Look at each time he touches the ball, he is automatically looking to pass. Then when he finally gets in the post, you would think he is a 6 feet tall by the way he tries to put up a shot. The stats don't lie about how productive he's been.

Gasol is a phenomenal passer, I won't take that away from him. But we don't need him to be a facilitator for 20 million dollars a year. We have Steve Nash to be the passer on this team.

There is one shot to save this season and I think it will happen very soon. Trade Pau for pieces, it doesn't need to be a monumental trade but bring in 2-3 pieces that provides us with depth. Kobe, Dwight, Nash is enough offensively in our starting five. We need pieces that fit this system.

Appreciate everything you have done Pau. Thanks for being a big part in our last two championships, but it's time to move on. New blood will help this team.

THANK YOU!

#2906 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:44 AM

My thoughts on Gasol:

You hit right on the nail, West Coast. At this point, it is not the system or coach but it is Pau Gasol himself. Now, if we can just tell that to Stephen A. Smith and Magic Johnson I will feel better.

#2907 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:58 AM

TRADE PAU!!!

#2908 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:01 PM

Another question: will pau still be a hall of famer after all his horrid games?

#2909 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:03 PM

Pau is as good as gone. I honestly think that we may see a move within the next week. I know I've said this before, but now I know he is gone. This team has given him so many chances. He struggled all last season and disappeared in the playoffs again, he struggled under Mike Brown, he struggled under D'Antoni without Nash, now he's struggling under D'Antoni with Nash. D'Antoni is a coach that focuses on instilling energy and confidence in his players. Pau Gasol has zero of that. If and when Pau gets traded I am positive that Pau will be welcoming it with open arms.

#2910 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Yes. The past is the past. Many players have played poorly after playing great earlier in their careers. Players such as Iverson, T-Mac, etc. The only reason why Pau seems so much more punished is because he is being paid an excessive amount of money and he is on a team that had high expectations.

#2911 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:05 PM

yea he is. He has an impressive international resume outside of the NBA, 3 finals 2 rings with the Lakers

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2912 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,409 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:41 PM

Yes

#2913 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,717 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:41 PM

2 points and 5 rebs. i didnt get the chance to see the game. but damn, smh. i agree with west coast

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#2914 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:13 PM

Pau is not the problem people...those that understand basketball should know. He lead Spain to a silver nearly dethroning he USA team.

You don't trade players to fit a system that never won [expletive]..

http://m.espn.go.com...city=losangeles

Oh does his defense also not fit the system because I have never seen a worse defender that 7 foot in the nba in my life. Keep making excuses for him. Its plain and simple to most people that he is awful an it doesn't matter what system he is in he will suck. There is not one place on the floor that he excels on in the offense.

#2915 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,792 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:16 PM

Sooo hes shooting 31% in the post and hes shooting 40% since Nash returned. Pau is 0/2 you can gladly trade him now and he isnt gonna turn into the old Pau now

http://www.usatoday....99/?sf8366091=1

And thats only a little higher because he had one good game. Give that a few more games and it will go back down to the 30's.

#2916 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,214 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:36 PM

Pau to minny
Dwill, pekovic to bucks
Monta Ellis to the lakers
Ellis is exactly what this team needs.

Also, bucks would do this because Ellis has already stated he is opting out of his contract after this season.

#2917 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:41 PM

^ No Ellis doesn't fit this team. We need an athletic wing player that's atleast 6'7.

Posted Image

#2918 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,468 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:45 PM

Bucks are shopping Brandon Jennings by the way.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2919 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:49 PM

He'll still be here after the trade deadline and you all will still be whining about it...

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#2920 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:52 PM

No lakers actually need someone who can actually hit open 3's, meeks cant hit open 3's, ellis can. I remember ellis dropping 48points on okc and drawing and 1's against ibaka. Lakers need someone like him.

Edited by iJizzPurple&Gold, January 05, 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pau, Gasol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users