#2841 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:57 AM

Do you think nash could make that free flow offense even better, or is he only good with the d'antoni system?

#2842 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:01 AM

Do you think nash could make that free flow offense even better, or is he only good with the d'antoni system?

No one could. You need structure. Though MD's offense is as free flow as it gets really. Thing is though we score well with most of our team. Take pau out of the equation and the team really preforms well. Stats show it plainly as well.

#2843 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

I hate this useless piece of [expletive]. We were so much better on the floor when he was taken out of the game, Blake Griffin couldn't do a damn thing. We were well on our way to winning the game with the momentum on our side before that weak foul call that took Dwight out of the game. With him out, Kobe had to play CP3 differently and give him more space (since a CP3 drive would have almost certainly resulted in an easy score b/c we have a 7 foot sieve as a our last line of defense), which led to that dagger. Kobe was playing great defense with Dwight manning the paint during our comeback, but ultimately it fell apart b/c we didn't have anyone reliable as our last line of defense with Jordan Hill having been injured earlier.

Pau is almost useless to us. He never gets post position, floats on the perimeter all night long, and he can't finish inside even against players that are 4-5 inches shorter than him. He is trash. Throwing one alley-oop to Dwight every other game or finding a guy one a backdoor cut doesn't cut it.

Trade him for whatever the hell we can get, he's sucking the life out of this team with his horrible play. We're basically playing 4-on-5 every minute he's on on the floor, on both ends.

#2844 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Well the free flow system wouldn't look much different than it looks now IMO. Nash is great with the P&R, he would still go to that in a free flowing system.

#2845 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Quick question for people: is anybody nervous about Dwight possibly leaving after this season? I've always been confident he'll stay for multiple reasons (money, city, etc.), but if the team continues to lose it may be a tougher decision than we think.

#2846 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:03 AM

Quick question for people: is anybody nervous about Dwight possibly leaving after this season? I've always been confident he'll stay for multiple reasons (money, city, etc.), but if the team continues to lose it may be a tougher decision than we think.

I'm still not worried. Unless Dwight wants to take a massive paycut, he has really nowhere to go.

#2847 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:09 AM

Well he said he already knows where he is going and honestly I think he relizes the team wont always be like this. There isnt many teams who are willing to pay 100+ mill and thats enticing for a player:
1. they get allot of money
2. Shows there will to pay for other players

Really what more can you want. He will be making a ton of money and know his team is trying harder than most teams in the league Really the front runner(not lakers included), the mavericks, aren't willing to pay that much. Cuban even has stated that. Why would he want to go to a even worse team with a owner that isn't willing to pay as much.

Edited by bigfetz, January 05, 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#2848 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm still not worried. Unless Dwight wants to take a massive paycut, he has really nowhere to go.

I'm still banking on that. Also, this team has shown to build around stars, something he didn't have in Orlando. Just a better reason to trade Pau.

#2849 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:14 AM

I think its clear whether we love or loath Gasol, that as Laker fans we understand due to his play he needs to be traded for the betterment of the team. This team still looks as inconsistent as it was before Nash returned so it seems obvious Gasol needs to be moved to address some of our glaring weaknesses. We will not contend for a title if changes arent made and even then we may not. However it has been shown many times this season Pau hurts this team more than he helps it. We will most likely give our team a better shot if we can get a piece or other pieces. I personally would prefer to get some defensive player or players with athleticism that give effort. While there isn't tons of these types of players on the block, realistic options are out there.

#2850 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:14 AM

Ive recently been a fan of basketball(i was unfortunate to grow in an environment where soccer was the only relevant sport[haha no im not from brazil, or anything im american]), so anyways I dont really know everything about basketball, but right now meeks looks like he can handle the ball pretty well, so wouldnt it make sense if you make him PG, he could just fool around with the ball until either kobe or nash can lose their guy and meeks could just feed them the ball for a 3? And if they double team 'em itll make d12's job easier.

Edited by iJizzPurple&Gold, January 05, 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#2851 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,184 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:20 AM

I hate this useless piece of [expletive]. We were so much better on the floor when he was taken out of the game, Blake Griffin couldn't do a damn thing. We were well on our way to winning the game with the momentum on our side before that weak foul call that took Dwight out of the game. With him out, Kobe had to play CP3 differently and give him more space (since a CP3 drive would have almost certainly resulted in an easy score b/c we have a 7 foot sieve as a our last line of defense), which led to that dagger. Kobe was playing great defense with Dwight manning the paint during our comeback, but ultimately it fell apart b/c we didn't have anyone reliable as our last line of defense with Jordan Hill having been injured earlier.

Pau is almost useless to us. He never gets post position, floats on the perimeter all night long, and he can't finish inside even against players that are 4-5 inches shorter than him. He is trash. Throwing one alley-oop to Dwight every other game or finding a guy one a backdoor cut doesn't cut it.

Trade him for whatever the hell we can get, he's sucking the life out of this team with his horrible play. We're basically playing 4-on-5 every minute he's on on the floor, on both ends.

Yep I still curse that weak foul call on Dwight.

If that whistle isn't blown and Metta swats that shot, and we force the Clippers into another shot clock violation. I mean who knows how that game goes at that point.

One thing that is blaringly obvious is that when Gasol is not engaged or playing with little to no effort or aggression, it creates a blaring hole in our offense and our team. If Hill doesn't go out with an injury(he's fine luckily) then Gasol doesn't see another minute.

D'antoni should constant break his "I promised Pau I'd never sit him" promise. We're a better team when we're not keeping him in just so he won't complain to Kobe about not being used correctly.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2852 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:20 AM

Well he said he already knows where he is going and honestly I think he relizes the team wont always be like this. There isnt many teams who are willing to pay 100+ mill and thats enticing for a player:
1. they get allot of money
2. Shows there will to pay for other players

Really what more can you want. He will be making a ton of money and know his team is trying harder than most teams in the league Really the front runner(not lakers included), the mavericks, aren't willing to pay that much. Cuban even has stated that. Why would he want to go to a even worse team with a owner that isn't willing to pay as much.

Agree. Also, where is he going to go? I mean, there are only two contending teams that have cap room to sign him - Dallas and Atlanta.
Dallas can offer an aging Dirk as well as cap room to sign another big-time FA - but there are no big names out there, unless CP3 decides to get out of LA, which is unlikely.
Atlanta is probably his best bet, as they can offer a max deal, resign Josh Smith and still have Horford, Teague and Lou Williams on their roster as well as a few other good names. I think his chances of winning is a lot higher in LA.

#2853 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,184 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:22 AM

Agree. Also, where is he going to go? I mean, there are only two contending teams that have cap room to sign him - Dallas and Atlanta.
Dallas can offer an aging Dirk as well as cap room to sign another big-time FA - but there are no big names out there, unless CP3 decides to get out of LA, which is unlikely.
Atlanta is probably his best bet, as they can offer a max deal, resign Josh Smith and still have Horford, Teague and Lou Williams on their roster as well as a few other good names. I think his chances of winning is a lot higher in LA.

Dwight has already said that the outcome of this season isn't what would determine him staying or not, and he "already knows" where he's signing and he intends to be ready to take over this franchise "for years to come"

#2854 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:23 AM

Like Pau will actually look at this forum XD

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#2855 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:10 AM

HEY PAU

EVEN I LIVE IN EUROPE
EVEN IM NEAR YOUR HOME COUNTRY SPAIN
I GOTTA SAY
I HAVE MORE COJONES AND BIGGER BALLS THAN YOU!

YOU ARE JUST AWFUL!

YOU WERE GREAT
YOU WERE SPECIAL
YOU WERE A MACHADORE!

GO BACK TO BARCELONA AND PLAY THERE FOR THE END OF YOUR CAREER
FOR YOUR NOW NOT A LAKER ANYMORE ..I HAVE THAT FEELING!

TC

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2856 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:15 AM

LOS ANGELES -- After he endured his fourth benching in the fourth quarter since Mike D'Antoni was hired as coach, there is no denying Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol is having a hard time fitting in with the team he once helped win two championships.
The Lakers ultimately could decide they just can't make it work with the former four-time All-Star; however, it won't be Gasol pushing his way out of town.
"No, oh, that's radical," Gasol said when asked whether he would request a trade following the Lakers' 107-102 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday. "I still believe. I still have faith in what we have. I still have faith that I can be a big part in helping this team succeed. Right now, I'm not being able to do that very often."
Gasol finished with just two points on 1-for-6 shooting along with four rebounds and two assists in 27 minutes against the Clippers. He sat the entire fourth quarter until Dwight Howard fouled out with 1:07 remaining and Gasol finished off the game in his stead.
D'Antoni said the benching had "nothing" to do with the plantar fasciitis and knee tendinitis that have plagued the 32-year-old Gasol this season.
"He just didn't have a good game," D'Antoni said.

Gasol expressed his frustration with the role he has been handed in the offense.
"It's difficult sometimes because it's not up to me to get involved," Gasol said. "I'm trying, but the times that I am at the elbows are the times that I get more involved and can make more plays from there, but it's not consistent."
Following the last time Gasol was benched in the fourth, a narrow Lakers win over the Charlotte Bobcats, Gasol met with D'Antoni for dinner to discuss how best to integrate him with the team. More than two weeks later, Gasol was not so sure things had changed since then.
"I don't like watching from the bench," Gasol said.
He did differentiate Friday's benching from the others against Memphis, Orlando and Charlotte, noting that the Lakers cut a 19-point fourth-quarter deficit down to two without him in the game.
"The guys on the floor were doing a great job cutting down the lead, and we gave ourselves a chance, so it wasn't that frustrated from that point but it was still hard," Gasol said.
The 7-footer said his effectiveness has become too reliant upon whether his jump shot is falling (he went 0-for-2 from 3 on Friday) and said he would have to become more assertive.
"I have to have more initiative because I can't wait for other people to make decisions for me, so I have to make them myself," Gasol said. "That's a little uncharacteristic of me, but right now I feel like I have no other choice if I want to be more effective."
Kobe Bryant came to Gasol's defense once again, as he has several times this season since initially suggesting Gasol needed to put on his "big-boy pants," stressing the importance of using the 12-year veteran in what the team is trying to accomplish.
"We have to figure that out," Bryant said. "We need to go through him a lot, lot more. A lot, lot more. He needs more touches on the elbow, more touches on the post. He's not a scorer type of a person, he'll be the first to admit that, but he can make plays for others down there. He can control the game from down there, and we got to find a way to get him more activated."
Bryant said part of the problem stems from finding a way to accommodate both Gasol and Howard when they're on the floor simultaneously.
"We got to figure out that spacing," Bryant said. "But, he needs to have the ball. For sure."
Bryant said he planned to speak with D'Antoni about Gasol's role at practice Saturday.
"Pau is just going to continue to be patient," Bryant said. "He's obviously frustrated and has every right to be. I'm frustrated for him. But, I mean, that's something that we have to solve because we're not going to get where we have to go with him not playing at maximum potential and using his maximum potential."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8815392/pau-gasol-los-angeles-lakers-says-request-trade

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#2857 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,184 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:27 AM

"It's difficult sometimes because it's not up to me to get involved," Gasol said.

Really....Really...REALLY!?!?!!? FREAKING REALLY!?!?!?!?!

#2858 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:36 AM

This is the core of the problem with Pau - he is used to being spoon-fed the ball on both the spanish national team, in Memphis and in the early Laker days. Now, when he has to work for it, he's lost. He should demand the ball.

He needs to be somewhere else, like in Minnesota, where he would be one of the main options in the offense.

#2859 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:18 AM

Pau Gasol, I kindly ask you to play in a different city, for we are not worthy :bow:

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#2860 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:43 AM

Hey pau you're so Pauthetic !

33bkfif.jpg